General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

2009 Camaro Concept Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/05, 08:42 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
The black windows are a dead giveaway for clay...

They aren't tinted..they are BLACK paper (or whatever they use)
Old 12/6/05, 08:53 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there are two different cars in one... but since GM was so serious about taking them down, i'm pretty sure one half of that car is going to be the concept
Old 12/6/05, 08:58 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
hot diggity!!!!

i actually dig it! 09 is definately gonna be exciting!!!and seeing as the real muscle cars realy got started in 68/69ish, well, isnt it fitting that the muscle car war, episode II is in 08-09?

hehe this is gonna rock!!
Old 12/6/05, 10:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

I will be honest, not a big fan.

On a somewhat related note, did anybody who reads AutoWeek (Dec. 5th Issue, Page 16) notice that the 2006 Alfa Romeo Brera looks a LOT like the concept drawings for the new GTO?
Old 12/6/05, 11:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by bigred0383@December 7, 2005, 1:23 AM
I will be honest, not a big fan.

On a somewhat related note, did anybody who reads AutoWeek (Dec. 5th Issue, Page 16) notice that the 2006 Alfa Romeo Brera looks a LOT like the concept drawings for the new GTO?
Re. Alfa Romeo Brera:

I happen to be active in the forum of the most respected and known car magazine in Italy (it's called "Quattroruote") and there were lots of news about Alfa Romeo intending to return to the USA in a couple of years. The first car they want to bring here will be the Brera and I bet they will want to bring the 3.2 V6 (260 hp) with 4 wheel drive (I get the feeling it's gonna be a Audi TT style contender in the US market). So anyone interested might get a chance to see/drive/buy it fairly soon....
Old 12/7/05, 12:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Personally, while being a step in the right direction (as far as retro looking cars are concerned) for GM, I am not too excited about the look of this Camaro concept.
I mean, it's not totally awful but IMHO it's not even remotely as good as the Challenger (my favorite) or the Mustang (in 2nd spot as far as looks)...
Am I the only one to think that it looks like the potential son of K.I.T.T. of the tv serie Knight Rider ???
Old 12/7/05, 06:26 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Legion681@December 7, 2005, 12:03 AM
Personally, while being a step in the right direction (as far as retro looking cars are concerned) for GM, I am not too excited about the look of this Camaro concept.
I mean, it's not totally awful but IMHO it's not even remotely as good as the Challenger (my favorite) or the Mustang (in 2nd spot as far as looks)...
Am I the only one to think that it looks like the potential son of K.I.T.T. of the tv serie Knight Rider ???
Gotta disagree with you on that one. It's stunning looking...and if they build it...

Wow, I was born in the '60s...suddenly it's the '60s all over again. YEEEHAA!

Gonna need a three car garage now.

By the way, for those who may have missed it, here are the direct links to the cars' pictures:

http://tinypic.com/ib9fdx.jpg
http://tinypic.com/ib9f9t.jpg
http://tinypic.com/ib9h1l.jpg
http://tinypic.com/ib9h5v.jpg
http://tinypic.com/ib9gxu.jpg
http://tinypic.com/ib9h06.jpg
http://tinypic.com/ib9f81.jpg
http://tinypic.com/ib9fg6.jpg
http://tinypic.com/ib9gs1.jpg

Darn, no spruce log!
Old 12/7/05, 07:01 AM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Also the two differing front valances "could" contrast a
base model from an "SS" like model.

I like the overall shape.
Old 12/7/05, 07:15 AM
Closet American

These cars need to come back in a big way; something serious with which to battle the imports, who themselves are going to be introducing higher performance sport coupes.

But that Camaro really nails it for me. I actually would rank it above the Stang and the Challenger at this point for overall looks. Of course, 2009 is a long way off. By the time it comes out, Ford will have had plenty of time to massage the new Mustang's already great chassis and shape.

The muscle car wars all over again...and better than ever this time around. Like that cab driver said just before the big showdown in Superman II: "Man, this is gonna be good..."
Old 12/7/05, 10:40 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Galaxie+December 6, 2005, 5:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Galaxie @ December 6, 2005, 5:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I see an independant rear suspension... I hope the mustang will counter with one as well.
[/b]

Yes, that was my first reaction as well. Let's hope Ford and HTT see these photos. I wonder if that makes Chevy owners snobs?

<!--QuoteBegin-Legion681
@December 7, 2005, 1:03 AM
Personally, while being a step in the right direction (as far as retro looking cars are concerned) for GM, I am not too excited about the look of this Camaro concept.....

[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing!! I really don't like the Camaro concept, it can't quite decide if it wants to be retro or futuristic so it doesn't do either very well. Just my opinion.
Old 12/7/05, 10:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

So when's the new Mustang slated - 2010? I wonder if Ford will keep the retro lines, or go for something more angular looking - sort of like the new Fusion? I sure hope they offer something to counter the LS2 or whatever Chevy will be putting in there and IRS in the base GT model. I want to stay a Mustang fanboy forever, but I'm looking at this new Camaro really hard.
Old 12/7/05, 11:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by racerx@December 7, 2005, 11:44 AM
So when's the new Mustang slated - 2010? I wonder if Ford will keep the retro lines, or go for something more angular looking - sort of like the new Fusion? I sure hope they offer something to counter the LS2 or whatever Chevy will be putting in there and IRS in the base GT model. I want to stay a Mustang fanboy forever, but I'm looking at this new Camaro really hard.
Hey Tony, the schedule for the redesign of the Mustang is 2009, go figure. Motot Trend had stated that 2008 would be the year, but Ford's new plan is a redesign every 4 years, so if the Mustang came in '05, logical to think '09 would be the new shape, having 4 years with the current design. I personally don't mind the look of that Camaro, but it doesn't "grab" me like the Mustang did. Heck, even the Challenger looks better than this, IMO. We shall see, I guess.
But like someone above said. GM is taking anything on their proverbial drawing board, and looking at it closely, which means, things may not come to be. Heck they just cancelled their new extensively re-engineered Trailblazer/Envoy SUV's. They were to come out mid-2007, but now, only a restyling of the interior and exterior of the current car will come out. The new vehicle won't be out now till January 2008. This tells you GM is in trouble, and every program is being looked at. Again, we shall see if this car comes to fruition.
Old 12/7/05, 12:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Galaxie@December 6, 2005, 6:33 PM
double Doh! I was just about to save them

haha - i did save them - guess i could host them and repost them

back in a few....
Old 12/7/05, 12:32 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Please no posting of the 'pics'
Old 12/7/05, 08:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Boomer@December 7, 2005, 1:35 PM
Please no posting of the 'pics'
I definately agree. The last thing we would want is for Brad getting a lawsuit from GM and having to shut down the site.
Old 12/7/05, 09:30 PM
Closet American

Originally posted by 05fordgt+December 7, 2005, 11:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05fordgt @ December 7, 2005, 11:40 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey Tony, the schedule for the redesign of the Mustang is 2009, go figure. Motot Trend had stated that 2008 would be the year, but Ford's new plan is a redesign every 4 years, so if the Mustang came in '05, logical to think '09 would be the new shape, having 4 years with the current design.
[/b]

Complete redesign? Or major refresh? I can't see Ford going in a whole new design direction after just having introduced a retro Mustang that is so wildly popular. I would guess a major refresh of the current design...maybe with some "hips" and other alterations.

Originally posted by 05fordgt@December 7, 2005, 11:40 AM
Heck they just cancelled their new extensively re-engineered Trailblazer/Envoy SUV's. They were to come out mid-2007, but now, only a restyling of the interior and exterior of the current car will come out. The new vehicle won't be out now till January 2008.
Well, those got cancelled because they're gas guzzling pigs that people aren't buying in the middle of an oil price crisis...so it makes no sense to spend money redesigning those - more likely they'll start phasing them out altogether.

<!--QuoteBegin-05fordgt
@December 7, 2005, 11:40 AM
This tells you GM is in trouble, and every program is being looked at. Again, we shall see if this car comes to fruition.
[/quote]
Actually, I would say kudos to GM for making the tough decision to abandon all the R&D on those SUV pigs and swallow the tough medicine now.

And remember, GM aren't the only ones in trouble. Ford is in trouble too; just a little less so.
Old 12/7/05, 11:36 PM
Bullitt Member

I have them saved, but will not put the liability on this site as Scothew said.
Old 12/8/05, 12:47 AM
GT Member

You guys seriously need to be less paranoid about posting these pictures. There is a little thing called "fair use." If you don't know what that is take a gander: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use
Old 12/8/05, 07:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Gaaaaaa!!!!! I want to see!!!
Old 12/8/05, 07:54 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by NipplelessHorse@December 8, 2005, 2:50 AM
You guys seriously need to be less paranoid about posting these pictures. There is a little thing called "fair use." If you don't know what that is take a gander: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use
Don't trust what you read on wikipedia.

Quick Reply: 2009 Camaro Concept Pics