General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

2009 Cadillac CTS Cpe

Search this Thread

Old 1/14/08, 11:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Cadillac CTS Cpe

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet.....

LInk:

http://jalopnik.com/344403/detroit-a...llac-cts-coupe

The front and side looks really good but that rear looks funky, it may take some time to grow on me.
Old 1/14/08, 12:24 PM

Definitely not your typical coupe shape, especially at this price range where you typically see a more conservative notchback type profile. Gotta give Caddy credit for thinking outside the box and their angular Arts and Science design theme does seem to work with this rear end treatment. I'll want to see more pics before coming to any firm conclusion on it though. Hoodline/cowl still seems a touch tall giving the front end a bit of a blocky, slightly truckish look, wish they could drop it down an inch or two. The now cliched fender vent is a bit contrived and has lost any upscale cache now that about every other downscale car (Ford Focus) has some fender vent of some sort or another.

Overall, I think Cadillac's Arts and Science design language is finally maturing from a long, awkward adolescence to a more refined and better executed maturity. The interior especially looks very upscale and refined without the nouveau-riche flashiness of earlier efforts.
Old 1/14/08, 03:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I love this friggin thing. If the new CTS quality and materials are 10% better then the old ones(I have yet to see one in person but look to be 100% better), this car has been a long time coming.
Old 1/14/08, 04:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

bigger pic
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Cadillac CTS Cpe-cadillac-cts_coupe_concept_2008_1600x1200-03.jpg  
Old 1/14/08, 04:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

That is bad-***!
Old 1/14/08, 04:37 PM
Post *****

This looks pretty sweet. Maybe im just going nuts, but the stance of this car really feels "muscle-car-ey"

Caddy emblem aside, this is what a modern day Chevelle should look like
Old 1/14/08, 11:25 PM
FR500 Member

IMO, not exactly pretty but for some strange reason I like it. Think GM would be pretty foolish not to offer this for sale in the near future. Might even steal some sales from the Camaro among the more well-heeled GM faithful. I know I would, if I had the $$$. (LOL, But I would rather have a new Mustang!)
Old 1/15/08, 12:40 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am impressed with Cadillac for making some Bold Moves (where have I heard that term before, hmmm) and showing us this thing.

It doesn't look like any other Euro/Jap coupe out there, but it looks friggin' cool! I love it! Only downside is that the style MIGHT date quickly. But who knows? It might just be different enough to transcend style changes, too.
Old 1/15/08, 12:48 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by kevinb120
I love this friggin thing. If the new CTS quality and materials are 10% better then the old ones(I have yet to see one in person but look to be 100% better), this car has been a long time coming.
Having sat in a new CTS twice, I can tell you that the new interiors are FAR better - on par with Lexus, for the most part, and way ahead of the BMW 3-Series.
Old 1/15/08, 01:07 AM
Closet American

Suddenly my GT looks strangely obsolete.
Old 1/15/08, 01:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

That thing is smokin' hot. I don't care what anyone thinks, it has a sexy and sleek shape,
Old 1/15/08, 03:56 AM
Closet American

It seems like after a few short years, Cadillac has finally gotten the 'Art & Science' design language down to a beautiful, unique and instantly recognizable aesthetic.

I'm really looking forward to them taking cars like this one global. It's about time Caddy's former glory of a half century ago returned and this time took the battle overseas...instead of the other way 'round like it's been for the past 25 years.

God, the more I look at that thing, the more stunning it is. And the quality and refinement is there, too! Eat THAT Lexus, ya bastards!

Old 1/15/08, 05:04 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
This CTS Coupe looks fantastic!!

Hey FMC . . . . wish we had a Mark X! (A PROPER Mark X!)
Old 1/15/08, 07:05 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
This CTS Coupe looks fantastic!!

Hey FMC . . . . wish we had a Mark X! (A PROPER Mark X!)
If they actually built the MKR - instead of just talking about future cars that might be inspired by it - Lincoln would really have something!

As far as I'm concerned, those two above photos perfectly illustrate how these marques can have their own distinctive and equally compelling front end design language - both of which look bloody good, IMHO!
Old 1/15/08, 07:28 AM
Cobra Member

That is awesome, seriously how much is that car going to be? I love my Muscle cars but the idea of a muscle car with Caddy refinement and finish really would tempt me. All the power and with all the fancy leather and tech gadgets as well . Hollywood you just had to remind me of that MKR didn't you? Why can't I live in a world where both of those exist
Old 1/15/08, 07:32 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
If they actually built the MKR - instead of just talking about future cars that might be inspired by it - Lincoln would really have something!

As far as I'm concerned, those two above photos perfectly illustrate how these marques can have their own distinctive and equally compelling front end design language - both of which look bloody good, IMHO!
Agreed! That would be a fantastic American duo and a great comparision test . . . unless the CTS Coupe was a "V", but nonetheless two great designs.
Old 1/15/08, 07:49 AM
Closet American

Agreed! That would be a fantastic American duo and a great comparision test . . . unless the CTS Coupe was a "V", but nonetheless two great designs.
The sad thing of it is, we'll probably never be able to buy the top one, but we probably will be able to buy the bottom one in a couple of years.

And that essentially sums up the difference between these two companies right there.
Old 1/15/08, 12:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Front looks alright, but i dont know about the rear!
Old 1/15/08, 09:35 PM
Cobra Member

I was just waiting for someone to mention the V. That thing is boss looking, but throw a 500hp+ V8 (600 by then maybe?) under the hood, an interior that could top the current CTS-V (impossible?), along with some slightly more aggressive bodywork... itd be too much for mere mortals.

In case you guys didnt guess, i really like this car.
Old 1/17/08, 09:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Very good looking car. I wouldn't doubt for a second this thing get's a V-series. Then it would have the ***** to back up its look. Definately looks muscular.