Canada Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

YOU'RE INVITED - ALL MUSTANG AND FORD ENTHUSIASTS

Search this Thread

Old 5/18/05, 07:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YOU'RE INVITED - ALL MUSTANG AND FORD ENTHUSIASTS

Greater Toronto Area Mustang Club Annual Event Continues MADD Support

On Sunday, June 12, the Greater Toronto Area Mustang Club will host its 5th Annual BBQ and Show 'n Shine event. Held on the grounds of Heart Lake Conservation Area in Brampton, Ontario, the gathering is the largest of the club's eighteen-event schedule for the season. The show will run from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Show entry is complimentary with park admission.

Again this year, the charity of choice is MADD Halton/Peel Chapter. The club will donate all funds raised at the event. "It is very important for car clubs to deliver safe driving messages.", said club President Fab Fiocco. "Remember, Cruisin' and Boozin' don't mix.", he added.

The local Lion's Club will provide food services and share their proceeds with MADD Halton/Peel Chapter. The 2004 Barbeque drew almost two hundred show entries, including both modern and classic Mustangs, as well as about six hundred spectators. Several other Ford enthusiast clubs participate in the event, including Ford Truck World - Ontario Chapter, the Golden Horseshoe Mustang Association and the London Area Mustang Club.

Awards and trophies will be available to show participants, including a Long Distance Award, as participants from as far away as North Bay and Napanee are common. A specialty award for this year will be given for the "Best Use of Duct Tape".

The event is sponsored, in part, by Fines Ford Lincoln Sales of Bolton, Ontario, Da Silva Racing of Scarborough, Heritage Ford Sales of Scarborough, CarPolish.ca of Burlington, Bramalea Tire of Brampton, Noyz Boyz Performance Exhaust of Scarborough, Mustang Toy Store of Scarborough, SW Designs of Toronto, Stone Mountain Racing of Thornhill, Lasting Shine of Toronto, Erinwood Ford Sales of Mississauga, Classic & Rod Car Appraisals of Toronto, Steeda.ca of Milton and VT Engines of Lansing, Michigan.

DETAILS:

Sunday June 12th

Heart Lake Conservation Area - Brampton
http://www.trca.on.ca/parks_and_attraction...sit/heart_lake/

10 AM - till 3PM.

Cost:
adult $4.25
Youth $3.25
kids $2.25
Children under 5 are free

(those are the park fees - there will NOT be a BBQ admission fee in addition).

BBQ Food and beverages available including the "Ice cream truck".

Bring the whole family as this is a TRUE Park to enjoy all aspects besides the car show - Lake for swimming/fishing .... trails for hiking.

Trophy's >>>>>>

Doing things a little different this year ....

We have several Trophy's to give away - but not necessarily the traditional categories. We want this to be a surprise - so except for 2 specific trophy's the rest will be announced at the BBQ.

Best GTAMC Display - this will be awarded to the car we feel BEST represents the GTAMC Club. Be creative!

Furthest Travelled (not trailered) - Pretty self explanatory - please bring a Mapquest printout to show us the distance you came. Brampton residents need not apply (LOL). We suspect North Bay or Nepeon will take this one.

The remaining 13 trophy's will be announced at the event. Good luck to everyone.

PS ....

Since this is a MADD charity event - there will be donations boxes available. We urge you to PLEASE be generous.

###

About GTAMC:

The Greater Toronto Area Mustang Club is a sponsor-supported organization having both a real world and on-line presence. Up to four hundred Greater Toronto Area members participate locally during the club’s seasonal events.

The group’s web page and on-line discussion forums promote the sharing of information and experiences among Mustang and other Ford vehicle owners for the repair and preservation, as well as show and competition preparation of their vehicles. More than one thousand members participate from across the country — Newfoundland to British Columbia — and from many of the United States.

About MADD:

Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD Canada) is a non-profit, grassroots organization that is committed to stopping impaired driving and supporting the victims of this violent crime. At the heart of MADD Canada are our volunteers who include not only mothers, but fathers, friends, business professionals, experts in the anti-impaired driving field and concerned citizens who want to make a difference in the fight against impaired driving.

Old 5/18/05, 07:11 PM
FR500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Awesome sounds like fun!! Keep an eye out foy my dad and i, white 65 mustang convertible
Old 5/18/05, 07:46 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arboc,

I'll be there,
Old 5/18/05, 10:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
We would so love to go but my son is still in school until end of June I am one so totally in support of MADD as for every vehicle I drive has a red ribbon on it. and Proud to have it there Too I'll add.
Old 5/19/05, 06:29 AM
Bullitt Member

LINK to the full GTAMC calander of events - hoping to see many locls from the TMS out and about
Old 5/19/05, 07:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm in!!!!!
Old 5/19/05, 08:58 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

I'm in as well
Old 5/20/05, 05:42 AM
Bullitt Member

check the gtamc.com site - in the forums - there may be a cruz starting from a point in the GTA to the park - all are welcome to participate in the cruz
Old 5/20/05, 11:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Looks like a lot of fun, sorry I can't be there !
Just to be a nit-picker and poop disturber though, I believe that there is an error in the ad.
To the best of my knowlege, the Montreal Mustang Club hosts the largest annual Mustang show in Canada. Last year we had 326 cars registered and over 1000 paying spectators at our event.
I just thought I'd point that out
Paul
Old 5/20/05, 05:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 65gtfastback@May 20, 2005, 12:42 PM
I believe that there is an error in the ad.
To the best of my knowlege, the Montreal Mustang Club hosts the largest annual Mustang show in Canada. Last year we had 326 cars registered and over 1000 paying spectators at our event.
Paul
no biggie - our numbers very from year to year - the first year was low - say 30 but the club was only in existance for 4 months at the time - but in the proceeding 4 years we ahve had a high of 350+ mustangs and a low of over 200 - last year - maybe this year we will eclispse the 500 mark - 501 if 65gtfastback can make it
Old 5/20/05, 05:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 65gtfastback@May 20, 2005, 12:42 PM
I believe that there is an error in the ad.
Paul

i wont tell if u dont
Old 5/20/05, 10:45 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Arboc@May 20, 2005, 7:45 AM
check the gtamc.com site - in the forums - there may be a cruz starting from a point in the GTA to the park - all are welcome to participate in the cruz
Sounds good. You guys usually meet up at Yorkdale don't you?

I did have a prior event to go to on that date I believe, but I'm going to try to get out of it....
Old 5/20/05, 11:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Arboc@May 20, 2005, 6:36 PM
i wont tell if u dont
Don't worry Arboc, I would never say a word to anyone!
Paul
Old 5/22/05, 08:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Dan@May 20, 2005, 11:48 PM
Sounds good. You guys usually meet up at Yorkdale don't you?

I did have a prior event to go to on that date I believe, but I'm going to try to get out of it....

usually for most events that invole a cruz to them - as it is kind of a central location - but check the forums for exact location/time - i cant say what it will be for sure as i will already be at the park helping setup with some fellow members
Old 5/22/05, 12:53 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Dan/Steve...we'll hook it up somewhere.

OriginalSin...calling original sin
are you there?
Should get some niagara 05s representin
Old 5/22/05, 01:18 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Boomer, that's 15 minutes from my house, we can go on a drive through caledon before
Old 5/22/05, 07:08 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Galaxie@May 22, 2005, 3:21 PM
Boomer, that's 15 minutes from my house, we can go on a drive through caledon before

Gotta get your stinkin' car first Steveo!
Old 5/23/05, 02:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Dan@May 22, 2005, 7:11 PM
Gotta get your stinkin' car first Steveo!
Its an All Ford Show, so Steve can take the Aerostar!
Old 5/23/05, 02:51 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Originally posted by mstang@May 23, 2005, 3:32 PM
I better bust out the a wirebrush and my best can of tremclad then,

I'll try and bring something a little nicer
Old 5/23/05, 06:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by mstang@May 23, 2005, 3:32 PM

ROTFLMAO

Quick Reply: YOU'RE INVITED - ALL MUSTANG AND FORD ENTHUSIASTS