Canada Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Spolier delete (Rant) Phoned Ford CAD and US

Old 1/13/05, 09:35 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hi,

I just had to start another topic, anyway here's what I've done:

Phone Ford Canada twice in the past and they filed an official compliant on my part.

I phoned Ford US, the person I talked to said "Sorry we don't build the car, we can't help you, phone Ford Canada." I said I've already done that in the past, they couldn't help me, she said .. not much...

I decided to phone Ford Canada again :bang: , and ask "WHY is this not available in Canada" She went away for about 10 minutes. Came back and told me "Because of the high-demand on the spolier we felt it not nesscary to make it an option, she also commented on the Shaker 500...". :scratch: *High Demand** they've never even had this as an option in the past have they??

I told her in Canada we always seem to be getting the short end of the stick. I asked if I could speak to the person that has the power to change this. So she took my information, and told me someone will be getting back to me in 2-3 days.

Based on the options I plan to order (IUP being the important one), my car will be a factory order anyway.. So what's the difference! She was unable to answer that.

As I explained I can fully understand why Canadians can't get ALL the options off the lot, but Factory order, makes no sense!

Maybe all this because the Spoiler is made here ????

Sorry for the long rant,

Ben
Old 1/13/05, 11:30 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=7599

Ben,

I got to meet the Mustang Brand Manager a few times, and he basically said because is such a small market (maybe 10,000 Mustangs a year) having a lot of options makes it difficult to stock the cars.

Read that thread, there are a few solutions to spoiler delete. Not the best, but it will have to do.
Old 1/13/05, 11:32 AM
Banned

Yep I fully understand it's hard to stock all the options, but I guess they can't have it as an option ? Or someone would expect it on the lot ? Why not just say.. "if you want this option, it'll be a special order"

I'll read your post. Sorry I've brought this up so many times, but it's just very annoying to me.

Thanks
Old 1/13/05, 11:38 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Well, the option is being considered for 2006 on the GT's, if that helps.
Old 1/13/05, 11:43 AM
Banned

Yea I've read that as well, but since I'm planning to keep this car for many years (not driving in the winter) I was hoping to get the First model year of the redesign. I wonder if the Brand manager is the person who will be phoning me back

Sorry I realize a lot of people like the spoilers and the one on the Mustang I could live with, but after working in markham for 3.5 years, and seeing all the ricers with the Wings and makes be sick to see the 'stang with one (Granted they did a good job on it.. And isn't that bad).

Does anyone know if the trunk, car etc.. are all painted together ? Ie if i bought a trunk or something off ebay or sourced one from the US would the colour match ?
Old 1/13/05, 11:53 AM
I Have Admin Envy

The trunk is painted with the rest of the car, there should be no problem matching the color to your color.

Another idea would be to order a trunklid for the parts counter (that is if the parts guy can score you a deal) and paint that.

Otherwise, do what I am slowly starting to look at. Finding a dealer in Buffalo who would be willing to trade decklids.
Old 1/13/05, 05:13 PM
Bullitt Member

The spoiler delete "delete" issue is an attempt to minimize the complexity of buildable combinations.

Ford looks at the take rate (% ordered vs total orders) or the anticipated take rate to determine the feasibility of offering an option. Spoiler delete has not been offered since they were made standard (except Cobra) and in reality not many would order them that way, especially with no credit. So the take rate would be very low.

Another factor in the decision to offer or not is the effect on sales. If a spoiler delete is not offered, how many sales will be lost and how many sales would be gained. Buyers who want a spoiler delete would probably still buy the car anyway, and a deleted spoiler would not get someone to buy if they hadn't considered it otherwise. However, if a spoilerless car ended up on a dealer's lot, it would probably not sell as well as one with.

I guess it is what you would call "tyranny of the masses".
Sometimes its tough being different!
Old 1/13/05, 08:27 PM
Banned

mstang,

I fully understand what your saying makes perfect sense. But what's different from me up in Toronto ordering a mustang without the spolier then someone in Alaska or Texas or wherever (it's available in the US, and they're built on a the same line). If they don't want stock cars with all the options, that's fine. But if the vehicle is a factory special order anyway, what's the difference?

Yes your correct it was never offered and I've been reading the message boards for years (just recently registered). People plugging the holes with fender washers etc... So some people don't want it.

Anyway I don't expect you to answer theses questions if/when this person phones back with an answer I'll update you all.

And your right, I will end up buying the Mustang with the spolier because I've been waiting for 5 or 6 years for this redesign to come out! And from the research I've done, it looks to be a pain to import.

Sorry for another long post.

Ben
Old 1/13/05, 08:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Ford of Canada looks at what is offered by Ford Motor Co. and then sets their own offerings depending on our market here. Even if it is a possible offering, it still adds to complexity.
The package offerings reflect this. No Base and Premium, just a standard package including Shaker 500.

Anyway, if it is Peter (the Brand Manager) that calls you back, go easy on him! He is a good guy and does a great job. A car guy with the best job at Ford!
Old 1/13/05, 09:11 PM
Banned

No worries, I'll go easy. I'm not pissed off or anything just a little upset

The spoiler is quite minor and I'm probably making a mountain of a mole hill. Since I think ford did quite a good job on the spoiler compared to others I've seen.

Shaker 500 is something else that did bother me at first, but it will make the job easier to install an after market system if I decide to, since it already has built in sub compartments in the doors.

I just hope I haven't set myself up to look like a Ford hater or something

I have 3 Fords in my Family, one being a '94 Taurus owned since new, we have had the standard problems (3.8 litre engine). But Ford Canada help us out, and even sent a $5000 gift certificate to us for the trouble which we bought a Focus with!

Anyway sorry if I've stirred the pot, but it just doesn't add up.

Thanks for the replies

Oh and btw, I think I've changed my colour choice again.. hehehe I’m looking at Mineral Grey now B)
Old 1/14/05, 10:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Fastrack@January 13, 2005, 10:14 PM
Anyway sorry if I've stirred the pot, but it just doesn't add up.

Oh and btw, I think I've changed my colour choice again.. hehehe I’m looking at Mineral Grey now B)
Stir away!

It is all customer feedback. You are the ones buying Mustangs :worship: .
Feedback - positive or negative - should always be welcomed.
How else do you improve?!

Besides, stirring helps keep the pot from boiling over!

Speaking of improving, you're going backwards on colour.
If its not going to be Yellow, then at least make it Sonic Blue.
Mineral Grey is understated. Mustangs should not be understated!

But then again, as stated above, you are the one buying the Mustang, so I guess I should shut up now.
Old 1/14/05, 11:36 AM
Banned

Hehee, ok Yea I'm all over the map on the colour choice. I think legend lime is out of the question (for now)

But Mineral grey does look good in the pictures I've seen.

Plus I've always liked the Red interior! And there aren't many choices if you want the Red. Now Blue with Red would look good :bang:

Right now I'm deciding between Sonic Blue / Mineral Grey. And probably next week it'll be a different colour.

Weeeeeeee...

Ben
Old 1/14/05, 02:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Fastrack@January 14, 2005, 12:39 PM

Right now I'm deciding between Sonic Blue / Mineral Grey. And probably next week it'll be a different colour.

Next week it will be Yellow!?
Old 1/14/05, 05:21 PM
Banned

I saw Yellow at Whiteoak. Very impressive. I think Mineral Grey looks mean and fits the Mustang very well.

How does anyone decide

Ben
Old 1/15/05, 11:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm with Fastrack on this one, I too prefer the '05 without the spoiler... and of course, I'm also in Canada where I can't order one that way.

To me it's very simple: when the car is coming down the assembly line, just don't install the spoiler on it! What's the big deal? How about this: don't drill the trunk lid and just toss the spoiler in the trunk... better yet, let the guy on the assembly line take the spoiler home as a bonus! This doesn't need to be this complicated...
Old 1/15/05, 11:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Oh yeah, I'm also stuck on Mineral Grey with black and silver being my alternates. Think: Eleanor!
Old 1/15/05, 02:12 PM
Banned

exc911ence, I agree 100%. When I first saw Mineral Grey. I thought na. But after looking at it again. It looks mint!

Ben