Canada Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

GTAMC

Search this Thread

Old 11/28/05, 08:36 PM
FR500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I will never ever EVER go to a GTAMC event ever again!!

I cant even post my artwork on their forum unless i am a "sponsor" wtf is this bs??? Im just trying to share my artwork and maybe make a couple of bucks for college and they want sometihng in return...im so mad right now....i cant believe it they would ban a mustang enthusiats who was thinking of joining next year when i got my fox....i wont stand to be around selfless ****** any longer....
Old 11/28/05, 08:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe talk to arboc and see whats up?
Old 11/28/05, 08:41 PM
FR500 Member

nah man im done with em im not even gona try...
Old 11/28/05, 08:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i know what its like man. the first forum i was ever on, i had a bunch of posts right, and then i left for like 6 months- a year, and then i posted something and everyone (new people) took a big PO at me. ticked me off. i geuss thats the way it goes
Old 11/28/05, 08:51 PM
FR500 Member

im just mad at the fact that they can put pics of half naked hoes on their and i cant show them my talents.....shows what they're really like
Old 11/29/05, 06:34 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Derek,

every forum has their rules, agree with them or not and you have to respect them. I'm pretty sure about TMS having the same type of policy.
Old 11/29/05, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big D ......

Please understand ....

There are 10 Directors, and whenever something to discuss comes up ... we do exactly that. Discuss it.

Your posts were not just "Hey, look what I did" posts. They were obviously 100% posted to promote your business. Don't agrue this fact of I will post your comments. None of the Directors have a problem with you but we can not allow ANYONE outside the paying sponsors to come onto the board and spam products. If we did there would be no reason for sponsors to pay.

You were asked nicely before to stop - you did - then you came on the other day and did it again - perhaps you are thinking of a "Christmas rush"?

Once again, nothing personal - but all 10 Directors 100% agreed it was a business post. Doesn't matter what you sell or promote it's not allowed.

Go to some of the other boards and the SAME thing will happen. If fact a LOT of the other boards have a WARNING posted right at the top of every forum.

That being said - pretty lame of you to bash a message-board decision everywhere you go. Now that people know what really happened perhaps the situation is clearer for folks here.

Scott
Old 11/29/05, 06:45 AM

PS - You are VERY talented for an 18 Year old ....

I was extremely impressed with what you did. Promote your work properly and with credibility and I'm sure you'll do well with it!
Old 11/29/05, 07:59 AM
FR500 Member

hey Scott i dont have a business its just something i do for fun and people ask for requests...sponsors are big corporations im not....im not making a monthly salary i just wanted to share my work and if someone has request to pm me...i dont know why u would get the idea of i did it for a christmas rush when i dont have nay customers at the momment.....you dont understand i am one person who likes drawing cars....
Old 11/29/05, 08:24 AM

Derek .... regardless of your size, if you are charging any money - that's a business. we have some EXTREMELY small sponsors. They are VERY part time with no store locations. Our appraisal guy would be an example. Another example would be your friend Steve Mason.

I realize it's a small little for fun thing but still is classified as a business that's all.

I just didn't want you to hold a grudge for the guys enforcing the rules - that's just not fair.

I DO have a question though - do you do LIVE art - like if a car was in front of you could you draw it? That would be cool to have you at our BBQ if that was the case. We do have outside venders that can come to that. Make a donation to MADD and you are set. Just an idea.
Old 11/29/05, 08:49 AM
FR500 Member

if i bring my digital camera and my laptop id be able to...but it usally takes some time to complete my drawing i could however get the outline and some colorscheme done depending on the car...for example i can do a classic stang outline in about 2 hours whereas a fox might take me 3.....i still dont appreciate this auto moderator from telling me what i can or cant do i think it should come from the moderator of that pareticular section...and in a ll honesty i wasnt trying to make money i just wanted to show some mustang pictures on a mustang forum....
Old 11/29/05, 03:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I think what Scott is saying is correct though Derek. Its not fair to the paying sponsors if someone is allowed to advertise commercial interests without being approved. If you had said hey look at this work, then that would show your talent without advertising. If you go on the boards and say hey I sell this stuff PM if you want to buy one, thats kind of on the borderline, but its still advertising. I hope you are successful in selling your product, but try to go about it without upsetting anyone or breaking board guidelines.
Old 11/29/05, 03:30 PM
FR500 Member

the 1st sentence in my post was: heres anmother drawing i made
Old 11/29/05, 09:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Big D@November 29, 2005, 5:33 PM
the 1st sentence in my post was: heres anmother drawing i made

true....

but in the bottom corner was a big advert - example:

if u removed the advert - the posting of the drawign would have been fine - this was probly not mentioned to u by a GTAMC mod as u had been warned about his type of post b4 - this would have seemed like u were ignoring the warning and therefore - more adverse actions were taken
Old 11/30/05, 05:45 AM
FR500 Member

dude thats my logo so noone could copyright my work....i guess u cant tell from copyright issues as to BUY MY STUFF!!!
Old 11/30/05, 07:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Logo or not, that is an advertisement (It tells who you are, what you do, and how to get in touch with you) and rest assured that Brad would/should defend the sponsors on this site as well. There are rules that have to be obeyed. Playing symantics calling it a logo does not change the fact that that is an advertisement. It sounds ( from the outside ) that they have been fair and you were given ample warning, let it go.
Old 11/30/05, 09:37 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Big D@November 30, 2005, 8:48 AM
dude thats my logo so noone could copyright my work....i guess u cant tell from copyright issues as to BUY MY STUFF!!!
You do know how easy it is for someone to save the picture, erase your logo and repost it right? You have to put a watermark across your drawing if you really want to protect it.
Old 11/30/05, 09:40 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Derek, whether you think it is or not, I have to say, your "logo" is cool looking however, there is no doubt that it is advertising. There is a big difference between putting your name in the bottom corner of a drawing versus what you are displaying.
Old 11/30/05, 10:51 AM
FR500 Member

whatever u guys are blowing it ouit of proportion the fact of the matter is all i wanted to do was post my artwork...and i decided to put my email address so yes if someone wants to contact me they can its not an advertisement i dont care what u say....and chuck if u would rather see half naked women on a mustang forum and not pictures of mustangs than u know where to go...
Old 11/30/05, 10:58 AM
I Have Admin Envy

GTAMC doesn't have a PM feature?

Quick Reply: GTAMC