Canada Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Giant Mustang show in oakville

Search this Thread

Old 7/29/08, 07:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Giant Mustang show in oakville

Ive heard about this but couldnt find any details on it and know it should be fast approaching as it will b eAugust soon. Anyone have any details on this. Ive heard its going to be huge and the local hotels are all booked, cars coming from all over. Im looking to go, oh and is anyone else going?
Old 7/30/08, 06:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cruisin
Ive heard about this but couldnt find any details on it and know it should be fast approaching as it will b eAugust soon. Anyone have any details on this. Ive heard its going to be huge and the local hotels are all booked, cars coming from all over. Im looking to go, oh and is anyone else going?
Hey Cruisin, got plenty of info for you as I'm going to it. Its a Mustang Club of America National Show (big show), and cars from all over the USA and Canada are coming. I'm heading up tomorrow morning with 10 friends from Bad Mustangs Club. We're staying in Niagra for the night and then crossing the border on Friday morning. The show is at Ford of Canada HQ and the host hotel is the Hilton Garden Inn (but 4 other hotels are alternatives, as most are booked solid).

I hear over 400 cars easily. And since its a MCA show, the judging is based on how clean you can get your car (I'm up for the challenge). If you see my car, or see me walking around on Friday with a gray "TheMustangSource.com" t-shirt on, feel free to say hi. Thanks for posting this. I was going to start a thread to see if anyone else was attending or going to stop by. Would be awesome to meet some fellow TMS members on the board. Hope to see you walking around.
Old 7/30/08, 01:41 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Watch the traffic on the long weekend boys...

QEW will be crawling with OPP

Too bad I'll already be up at the cottage....
Old 7/30/08, 08:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Boomer
Watch the traffic on the long weekend boys...

QEW will be crawling with OPP

Too bad I'll already be up at the cottage....
Thanks for the heads up Pete. No worries, when I get to Canada, I will have a sign taped to my dash that tells me what kph equals in mph.
Old 7/31/08, 08:09 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Thanks for the heads up Pete. No worries, when I get to Canada, I will have a sign taped to my dash that tells me what kph equals in mph.
On 100kph highway zone, people do 120km and the cops won't even look at you.
Most OPPs won't even set their traps below 130 most of the time. But on a holiday weekend, might not want to test that theory...unless as long as you're going with traffic and not weaving in and out like an idiot, you'll be fine

Just watch parts of the QEW that drop to 80 (you'll see some construction around Ontario Street in St.Catharines (passed Niagara Falls)... they LOVE to hang out there just past the construction where its still 80. Usually near the 7th Street overpass.

Yeah, you can tell I grew up in that area

Last edited by Boomer; 7/31/08 at 08:10 AM.
Old 7/31/08, 08:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sweet, sounds great. I'll likely go sat and sunday but probably just to spectate. Im only about an hour from there but it sound slike agreat show. Looking for times and actual events/things to do, like what will be going on there. i assume its not just a giant parking lot deally. There will be forms of entertainment, vendors etc etc
Old 7/31/08, 09:57 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I'll pop by. Live about 10 minutes away.
Old 7/31/08, 11:17 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Crap I completely forgot about this. So when exactly is it? August 2nd?????
Old 7/31/08, 11:24 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Hmm, according to their website they say it is sold out. So does that mean you just can't show up and enter your car? If that is the case I won't be taking the 3 hour drive
Old 7/31/08, 11:25 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Just noticed that this is a 3 day event. That is nuts.
Old 7/31/08, 02:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

I believe registration is closed. I think there were 500 spots from what Ive heard. Looks like you can still go and park. Honestly I would be eth parking lot and the show to very similar just no trophies
Old 8/1/08, 09:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey guys, its 11:25 PM and I am BEAT from cleaning my car today. Spent a good 8 hours on it. I have never seen my wheel wells, inside of the wheels, and A/C Condensor as clean as its right now. And I am still not done. This is an MCA National Show. If you come by, you can't park in the show field as the spots are all assigned and are taken up. You can park and spectate though. Trust me, its worth it. I have seen stuff here I have NEVER seen before (and I go to ALOT of shows).

I was placed in Class MB. This is Modified excluding undercarriage. The judges will go all around my car, check for bugs in the radiator (none), brake dust on the wheels and inside the wheels (none, after 2 hours of cleaning), and everything else. The car is waxed, vacuumed out, and all I got to do, is engine compartment, and interior wipe down, and I am DONE!!! To win a trophy here, you MUST get your car cleaner than anyone else. But...you really are competing against yourself. Just how clean can you get the car? We'll see on Sunday, after the judges check out the cars and talley the votes. I've had alot of people walk up and chat with me, asking where I got this or that, and it feels really cool. Not many people check out my car as I don't have a blower or any other F/E system, but here that really isn't the big deal.

I tell you, everyone has been super here. So nice and down to earth and VERY helpful. I stayed till 8:30 doing my wheels and was one of the last ones to leave and got a ride back to the hotel.

For anyone who is planning on stopping by tomorrow, I am in spot 126. That is below the entrance to the Ford factory, and I am just past the white MCA tent. My car is on the side closer to the tent. You can't miss my car, as I will have the trunk open and you'll see my mirrored trunklid mat which says 06VistaBlueGT, my screen name on BadMC and everywhere else. I most likely will be sitting there resting. I will be wearing my blue Mustang Club of America shirt. (wore my TMS shirt today and it needs to be washed, lol). Please feel free to stop by and say hi. Would love to meet a few TMS members.
Old 8/1/08, 09:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by cruisin
Sweet, sounds great. I'll likely go sat and sunday but probably just to spectate. Im only about an hour from there but it sound slike agreat show. Looking for times and actual events/things to do, like what will be going on there. i assume its not just a giant parking lot deally. There will be forms of entertainment, vendors etc etc
Originally Posted by korinwoodo
I think I'll pop by. Live about 10 minutes away.
Hey cruisin & Colin, if you do stop by, my car is parked in spot 126. The spaces are numbered with decals and so are the cars (hang tags from rear mirrors). If you see me there, please feel free to stop by and say hi. I'll have my blue Mustang GT hat on, and either a Blue Mustang Club of America shirt of my Bad Mustangs Club shirt on.
Old 8/5/08, 06:22 AM
I Have No Life

Pics? Details?
Old 8/5/08, 08:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Pics? Details?
Hey Pete, I am recovering from a LONG drive home. I-81 in NY was a parking lot. I have plenty of pics (basically half of the cars there. Couldn't get them all). Once the camera charges back up, I will try to post the pics tonight after work.

I will say that I had a blast!! Everyone was so nice and down to earth, and friendly. I'll go in depth when I post a total review up of the show (it may be in 2005-2009 General).
Old 8/5/08, 12:07 PM
I Have No Life

If you post it there, paste the link here too
Old 8/5/08, 11:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

If you post it there, paste the link here too
Not a problem Pete. I am trying to figure out how Photobucket works (never used it before, just signed up). I have over 250 pics and I still missed over 200 cars. If I have time tomorrow, I'll get it done. I don't just want to post pics and leave them. I want to write a whole big post that tells my entire time up in Canada.
Old 8/7/08, 09:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Pete, got a link to the General thread where I put the story and photos. Hope you like them.

MCA Canada Show thread.
Old 8/9/08, 09:42 AM
I Have No Life

Thanks brotha...
NICE pics...
STILL looking and not even halfway through yet
Old 12/27/08, 02:27 PM
FR500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
here are my pics from the mca show what a great day i miss it

Quick Reply: Giant Mustang show in oakville