Canada Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Anyone around the GTA this week

Search this Thread

Old 10/11/05, 02:13 PM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys - i can't tell if my car's suspension is just "regular" loud or if something is wrong...i'm lowering it this weekend and i'm kinda paranoid that something isn't right, but i have nothing to compare it too.

if anyone has time either tonight or maybe thursday (pref tonight) can i swing by and go for a test drive to compare? i came from a german sedan that was pretty quiet and i don't know if i'm just being silly or what but if i do have a problem and i lower it, i bet i'll have a harder time claiming warranty.

tia,
kris
Old 10/11/05, 02:47 PM

hmmm let me clarify - i don't want to DRIVE your car, just drive IN it.
Old 10/11/05, 04:42 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I should be able to meet up with you Thursday if no one else can.

I am near 401/Hwy 10 area so it shouldn't be a problem meeting up.
Old 10/11/05, 06:06 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

I'm busy as all heck this week so I'm glad Steve can make it..... I don't have any loud suspension noise however....

Are you talking about generally crusing or is it the strut popping problem?

Describe the sound maybe??

Dan
Old 10/11/05, 06:31 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Its an 06..shouldn't have that problem period...

This car IS noisy though... especially the manual.
Old 10/11/05, 09:01 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
whatever you do, don't let your insurance company get wind that you are lowering your car. The body shop that is painting my car for the claim work put in something about extra labour because the car is lowered. I am fighting my insurance company on it because now they want to cancel my insurance policy. :bang:
Old 10/12/05, 06:41 AM

Argh that totally sucks John - hope it gets worked out.

Ya, I drove home last night and I started to think that maybe I was just hearing things...I think I'm just not used to a "rougher" and "louder" car like the Mustang vs. my previous car. it's hard to describe what I'm hearing, but the more I think about it, the more I think it's just normal suspension noises and clunks...

I guess it didn't help that I was being really quiet, radio off and in a high gear to keep the engine noise down (so that I could listen well).

I think I'll be fine - hopefully everything works out this weekend and doesn't get worse.

thanks,
K
Old 10/12/05, 05:10 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Ah well...

what are you going to do to lower the car? camber plates? Panhard rod? what kind of springs?
Old 10/12/05, 09:00 PM

i have a shiny new box of eibach pro kit springs in my garage just waiting for the steeda billet camber plates i have on order.

ideally i'd love to get properly mated shocks/struts but that's too much $$ now - plus, i'm trying to figure out which ones i want to go with (might just go with the eibach ones...have to see what else is out there). i do want to do much more - adj panhard bar, front strut tower brace, rear sway bar etc...just gotta pace myself
Old 10/13/05, 06:02 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
She's worse than all of us...
It hasn't even been a month yet
Old 10/13/05, 06:38 AM

Originally posted by Boomer@October 13, 2005, 8:05 AM
She's worse than all of us...
It hasn't even been a month yet
guilty as charged...hehe...it's just so hard not to mod this car, esp since my last one there were very few companies that tuned it, and all the parts were so expensive. a "chip" was like $1300 - and that was just for some "out of the can" program to gain MAYBE 8-10HP (for the V6). I still think it's hilarious that the oil filters are so cheap - my last car they came to $35 with tax!!

I can't wait to start some body mods too - I've always wanted a car like this and now that I have it, I can't help myself.
Old 10/13/05, 06:53 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Rondosa@October 13, 2005, 8:41 AM
guilty as charged...hehe...it's just so hard not to mod this car, esp since my last one there were very few companies that tuned it, and all the parts were so expensive. a "chip" was like $1300 - and that was just for some "out of the can" program to gain MAYBE 8-10HP (for the V6). I still think it's hilarious that the oil filters are so cheap - my last car they came to $35 with tax!!

I can't wait to start some body mods too - I've always wanted a car like this and now that I have it, I can't help myself.

I gotta agree, your out of control How many of these mods did you already have sitting in your house waiting for your car to arrive!

Have you even had time to drive it , with all the time spent on mods ... hehe
Old 10/13/05, 03:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@October 11, 2005, 9:04 PM
whatever you do, don't let your insurance company get wind that you are lowering your car. The body shop that is painting my car for the claim work put in something about extra labour because the car is lowered. I am fighting my insurance company on it because now they want to cancel my insurance policy. :bang:

I hear ya John.
They don't want to cover the custom work on the hood or the striping.
Said that i should have notified them on the changes before i did them. Have to figure out how to get by this one.
The hood was only on for two weeks.

Any Ideas guys?

Learn from our bad luck Kristina.
Old 10/13/05, 04:58 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Man Simon, that stinks. Not sure what to tell you. My insurance company is run by monkeys with a crack addiction. Now they are saying my window louvers reduce drag on the car, thus they must be a performance upgrade. Ya, ok. Then I guess cutting 18" off the antenna is a performance mod as well since I shaved a little bit of weight off of the car.
Old 10/13/05, 05:56 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by adrenalin@October 13, 2005, 7:01 PM
Man Simon, that stinks. Not sure what to tell you. My insurance company is run by monkeys with a crack addiction. Now they are saying my window louvers reduce drag on the car, thus they must be a performance upgrade. Ya, ok. Then I guess cutting 18" off the antenna is a performance mod as well since I shaved a little bit of weight off of the car.
I heard that glow in the dark windshield washer nozzles are okay though
Old 10/13/05, 06:08 PM
I Have Admin Envy

John if you lost weight they would say your car is higher performance too...

I need a new job to pay for my wish list
Old 10/13/05, 09:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Why does the insurance company care the car is lowered?
Old 10/13/05, 09:29 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by korinwoodo@October 13, 2005, 9:14 PM
Why does the insurance company care the car is lowered?

If the car has been lowered, you have lowered the center of gravity and the handling of the vehicle. According to the insurance company, doing such can cause improper handling, therefore no insurance for you. I think they have been looking at all the ricers and they don't care if a car has been done properly. If you touch it, you lose. At least that is the approach they are taking.
Old 10/13/05, 09:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

true. that really sucks though. dam those ricers. they should have some sort of program where you can get your car inspected by some guy approved by the insurance company and therefore get your insurance.
Old 10/14/05, 11:31 AM
Retired Tms Staff

good news. Insurance company is not going to cancel my policy and they will be repairing my car. I can finally sleep now.

Quick Reply: Anyone around the GTA this week