Northeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Carlisle road trip 4/22

Search this Thread

Old 4/11/06, 09:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

OK......I guess I'll start again.....anyone up for a road trip to Spring carlisle on 4/22??

Mike (Blackhat) Can you post the Mapquest again for our meeting place?
Old 4/12/06, 07:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

We're meeting off of exit 49b in Fogelsville PA.

I can't upload the pic. Recvd this message:

The requested file upload failed because suitable permissions have not been enabled on the 'uploads' directory. Please contact the board administrator and inform them of this error.

I'll contact someone at TMS about it.

Lee, I think someone mentioned they get to Carlisle around 11am and don't have trouble finding parking. Do you still want to meet at 6:30am or push it back to a later time? 7:30.. 8.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 4/13/06, 07:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

I don't know where he parked, but I've been going there for 15 years......it gets CROWDED early. I also have a great place to park....right by the gate where no one will mess with our rides. If you want to push it back to 7:30 I don't have a problem with it, but we may have to find somewhere else to park.

Is anyone else going?
Old 4/13/06, 07:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HiRoller @ April 13, 2006, 9:19 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I don't know where he parked, but I've been going there for 15 years......it gets CROWDED early. I also have a great place to park....right by the gate where no one will mess with our rides. If you want to push it back to 7:30 I don't have a problem with it, but we may have to find somewhere else to park.

Is anyone else going?
[/b][/quote]

I got no problem with the 6:30am meet time, I was thinking more for others if it is pushed back to 7:30 we might get more takers? Let's leave it at 6:30 and if we get other takers we can push it back for them if need be.

I know Michael (mas35NYR) said he wanted to go.

[attachmentid=46803]
Old 4/13/06, 09:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

I will only be able to go on Friday. Sorry I'll miss everyone there on Saturday. I have a much smaller but important car show on that Saturday.

My 15 y.o. son goes to Vo-Tech for Automotive and his school is having a car show that Saturday with the proceedes going to the school. He is just dying to show off the car to his school buddies and he is one of the judges for the show so I told him I would attend instead of Carlisle on that day.
Old 4/13/06, 04:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

what about Torrence or Ron?? I'll do either time. If others wanna go, I'll do 7:30
Old 4/13/06, 09:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

ooops....I don't know why it posted 4 times....
Old 4/14/06, 07:54 PM
Cobra Member

i'm in.
Old 4/15/06, 05:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

sweet man! It should be a good time!
Old 4/15/06, 05:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah count me in for sure! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/15/06, 06:32 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I will be there probably on Sat, but I won't be rolling out of bed before 7:30, that's for sure. I might be there by 11:00.
Old 4/15/06, 08:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool....the numbers are growing.......................................
Old 4/18/06, 07:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

keep your fingers crossed.....looks like rain! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 4/20/06, 08:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HiRoller @ April 18, 2006, 9:57 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
keep your fingers crossed.....looks like rain! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Friday Night: Periods of rain and possibly a thunderstorm, mainly after 8pm. Low near 48. East wind between 14 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Saturday: Periods of rain and possibly a thunderstorm. High around 55. East wind between 11 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Saturday Night: Periods of showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then a chance of showers. Low around 45. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

This is from today's wx report for Carlisle so it is still possible they could be wrong but I doubt it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] Are we still doing this? I never went to this event before, is it an outside event? Are we basically going to be walking around in the rain all day? Periods of rain doesn't bother me, I'm still down if you guys are! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/20/06, 11:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

yeah it's 99% outside. I have to go no matter what. I have to entertain some car dealers Saturday night.(work related) So I'm down no matter what. I will say this. If that much rain is expected, I'm cruising down in the BMW. It's still a V8 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I just had my hood and fenders re-cleared on the stang. I don't want to take the chance of acid in the rain causing a defect in the clearcoat. I don't want to clear my car for the third time. My friend didn't have a booth to bake the car after it was cleared.
Old 4/20/06, 10:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

im in depending on weather
Old 4/21/06, 07:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Ok what the hay [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Wx report for Carlisle:

Saturday: Periods of rain and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 52. East wind between 14 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

The emphasis is on "periods" of rain which means to me "periods" of dry [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] so since it is not going to be a steady rain all day, which would suck, I'm in. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Lee, what time we meeting off exit 49b of Rt 78 in Fogelsville? 7:30am?
Old 4/21/06, 02:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to meet you guys there. I have to stop at my sisters house on the way out there. She lives in Downingtown, which is too far down the PA Turnpike to turn around and come back. I'm definately taking the Beamer down.....that car is more fun at 100+mph anyway [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

There is a HUGE white Grandstand in the center of the fairgrounds. How about we meet in front of the grandstand at 9:30am? you still have my cell phone number right mike?? I still have yours....let me know if you need me to send it to you again.

Who else is coming down??
Old 4/21/06, 05:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HiRoller @ April 21, 2006, 4:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to meet you guys there. I have to stop at my sisters house on the way out there. She lives in Downingtown, which is too far down the PA Turnpike to turn around and come back. I'm definately taking the Beamer down.....that car is more fun at 100+mph anyway [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

There is a HUGE white Grandstand in the center of the fairgrounds. How about we meet in front of the grandstand at 9:30am? you still have my cell phone number right mike?? I still have yours....let me know if you need me to send it to you again.

Who else is coming down??
[/b][/quote]

OK, the Fogelsville meet point is OFF unless anyone that was planning on going posts up that they still want to meet there.

Michael (mas35NYR) and I are going to the show. We're meeting at Hooters in Union NJ on Rt 22 at 6AM. All are welcome to join us there to head out to Carlilse.

Lee, I have your cell. And no more talk the Beamer is more fun to drive than your Mustang [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]

Cya in front of the grandstand at 9:30am [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/21/06, 07:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blackhat @ April 21, 2006, 7:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
OK, the Fogelsville meet point is OFF unless anyone that was planning on going posts up that they still want to meet there.

Michael (mas35NYR) and I are going to the show. We're meeting at Hooters in Union NJ on Rt 22 at 6AM. All are welcome to join us there to head out to Carlilse.

Lee, I have your cell. And no more talk the Beamer is more fun to drive than your Mustang [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]

Cya in front of the grandstand at 9:30am [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I meant on the Turnpike at 100mph. That's what the BMW was designed for!! I would give up the BMW in a second to keep the stang... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]