Northwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Autocross Practice in Everett Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/05, 02:31 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I am a member of a club that often does autocross practices in Everett. We have one this Sunday. I'm allowed to bring 2 guests to participate, also. I've already asked my Fiero club members, but thought I'd throw it out to you guys as well, in case no one steps up. Spectators are always welcome, too.

I'll be driving the Mustang this weekend, I've already decided the Fiero needs more suspension work before it will be fun. Wanna see how well the Mustang does though. Hopefully I'll have the C&L Intake and Diablo tune (maybe even the intake cover on) installed as well, if anyone is interested. I don't know if I'll get the underdrive pullies on before then though, I don't have a pulley-puller yet.

Let me know if you want to participate, or if you just want to show up and watch.

Jay
'05 Sonic Blue Mustang GT
cell (206) 226-1397
Old 5/20/05, 10:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by jayguy@May 20, 2005, 1:34 PM
I am a member of a club that often does autocross practices in Everett. We have one this Sunday. I'm allowed to bring 2 guests to participate, also. I've already asked my Fiero club members, but thought I'd throw it out to you guys as well, in case no one steps up. Spectators are always welcome, too.

I'll be driving the Mustang this weekend, I've already decided the Fiero needs more suspension work before it will be fun. Wanna see how well the Mustang does though. Hopefully I'll have the C&L Intake and Diablo tune (maybe even the intake cover on) installed as well, if anyone is interested. I don't know if I'll get the underdrive pullies on before then though, I don't have a pulley-puller yet.

Let me know if you want to participate, or if you just want to show up and watch.

Jay
'05 Sonic Blue Mustang GT
cell (206) 226-1397
I'm in! Give me details, man!
Old 5/21/05, 05:18 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Where is this autocross track?

and did you install your C&L intake????!
Old 5/21/05, 07:10 PM

We set up at the Boeing plant tour center parking lot, on the west side of the 747 assembly building, just off of 526.

I got up this morning and installed the intake, intake cover, and predator tune. Then spent some time washing it and putting on a coat of Zaino Z2.

I posted a pic of the engine in the C&L thread.
Old 5/21/05, 07:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by jayguy@May 21, 2005, 7:13 PM
We set up at the Boeing plant tour center parking lot, on the west side of the 747 assembly building, just off of 526.

I got up this morning and installed the intake, intake cover, and predator tune. Then spent some time washing it and putting on a coat of Zaino Z2.

I posted a pic of the engine in the C&L thread.

Jay is this part of BEAC?

I was hoping I had my Mustang soon enough to go to their April school event but it didn't work out.

Greg
Old 5/21/05, 07:50 PM

Greg,

Yeah, I'm in BEAC. I was at the school this spring, were you? I didn't have the Mustang yet. I drove a silver Fiero the first day, and a black Toyota pickup the second day. Sold the truck and bought the Mustang, now I'm ready to try it out.
Old 5/21/05, 08:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by jayguy@May 21, 2005, 7:53 PM
Greg,

Yeah, I'm in BEAC. I was at the school this spring, were you? I didn't have the Mustang yet. I drove a silver Fiero the first day, and a black Toyota pickup the second day. Sold the truck and bought the Mustang, now I'm ready to try it out.

Nope missed the school because of travel for work. We may come up and watch tomorrow if I can convice the wife and the weather gets a little better. I would like to see your Mustang. I went to the BEAC web site and found the info on the practice session. If the wife won't go maybe I'll come up for a few hours on my own.

Greg
Old 5/22/05, 12:17 AM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

reallly .. I didnt hear about it.. I work at the everett plant.
Old 5/22/05, 12:25 AM

There's a practice up there every two or three weeks. Usually on Saturdays, this weekend it's on a sunday tho. I went to a couple last year, and this will be my first practice (did the school in April at the Oxbow).

Hope you can make it Greg. I hope the weather's good tomorrow, too.
Old 5/22/05, 02:21 AM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

the intake and cover looks great good job.

So what about performance - you happy with it?
Old 5/22/05, 07:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Now that was fun! Thanks, Jay, for the invite. I've never tried anything like that before, and it's much more fun that the video games I've played. And that was just a little pick-up practice. I can't imagine how much fun an actual race or other organized event would be. Anyway, to the numbers. The first run was me SLOWLY feeling my way around the course, trying to understand this racing around cones thing. After that, as my confidence grew, my times went down. Still towards the slow end (Jay had me by a good ten seconds), but I will get better. Anyway, here were m four times:

Run Time
1 73.243
2 64.600
3 62.402
4 60.473

All were "clean" runs, no cones hit. That was my biggest concern, was just getting the course right. Speed will come in the future. But for now, I'm pretty stoked.

Eric
Old 5/22/05, 08:33 PM

Having fun is the biggest part of it.

I wasn't quite as error-free as Eric, I misses a gate on the first run, and hit a cone on the last. My best (and last) run was 51.743 (I think).

It was fun sliding the car around the course, better tires would've helped. I didn't have the right tune on the car, either. Got that taken care of this this afternoon, and now the car really rocks! I'd love to see int on a dyno, just for fun. And next week, after I change oil and put on the pullies, ... man! This is intoxicating!

There were three of us that showed up, but only two of us participated in the practice. Greg was there for moral support, and took pictures for himself and my.

Here's a picture of our cars lined up after the session. Eric's is on the right, a Deluxe with the light gray interior and upgraded rims, the Greg's in the middle, Premium with charcoal interior and bullits, and mine, Premium with parchment interior, bullits, and spoiler delete. All three of us had IUP, and as it turns out, Eric's car was the one I saw on the dealers back lot that helped me decide on Sonic Blue as my color. Thanks again, Eric.

Jay

Originally posted by BigWorm2005GT@May 22, 2005, 7:17 PM
Now that was fun! Thanks, Jay, for the invite. I've never tried anything like that before, and it's much more fun that the video games I've played. And that was just a little pick-up practice. I can't imagine how much fun an actual race or other organized event would be. Anyway, to the numbers. The first run was me SLOWLY feeling my way around the course, trying to understand this racing around cones thing. After that, as my confidence grew, my times went down. Still towards the slow end (Jay had me by a good ten seconds), but I will get better. Anyway, here were m four times:

Run Time
1 73.243
2 64.600
3 62.402
4 60.473

All were "clean" runs, no cones hit. That was my biggest concern, was just getting the course right. Speed will come in the future. But for now, I'm pretty stoked.

Eric
Old 5/22/05, 10:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Glad I was able to help, Jay!

Nice pics. My wife took a bunch, too, so if you guys want to see the ones she shot, let me know and I'll post a few. Jay, she got a couple of you on the course, if you're curious.

Speaking of photos, when I was looking through them, one sprang out and grabbed my attention. She shot me just as I was going through a turn. It showed a remarkable amount of front "plow." I called her over to look and said, "See! This is why we need sturdier springs!" So now we're convinced that the next mod will definitely be a set of Eibach Pro springs.

EDIT: Attached picture showing me plowing the course!

[attachmentid=21952]
Old 5/22/05, 10:56 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Post the pictures - they would be great to see. I couldnt make it - Previous Star Wars commitment down at the Cinerma in Seattle.

Jay - the tune -please explain - what tune did you have loaded? I ended up with the 91 octane. Dont know where I can consistantly get 93 octane gas where ever I end up when on the road - In fact I dont know of anywhere right now.
Old 5/23/05, 10:09 AM

Cool pic Eric, I'd like to see the rest some time.

AJC, I hadn't downloaded the C&L MAF tune, I was just using the default Performance tune. Kept getting lean codes, then Eric told me I had the wrong tune. After downloading the right tune finally (40 miles later, maybe?) I installed the 91 Octane C&L tune. I've got a tank full of 89 octane gas, so I turned the global spark setting to -2 degrees to avoid pinging. Seems to run great, I drove it around all afternoon without a problem. And I've tested it out, if you know what I mean.

I'm probably jut going to stick with it this way, unless I go to the strip or something. The 10 cents a gallon I save could buy me more mods down the road.
Old 5/23/05, 09:12 PM
Bullitt Member

I had a blast and didn't even drive. It was great meeting both Jay and Eric. I'll be ready to drive next time thats for sure.

Here are some pics of on of Jay's runs.
First:
[attachmentid=22057]
Old 5/23/05, 09:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Second:
[attachmentid=22058]
Old 5/23/05, 09:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Here is one of you waiting at the start.

[attachmentid=22062]
Old 5/23/05, 10:10 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Awesome guys - Wish I could have been there. Great pics
Old 5/24/05, 09:20 AM

Thanks, Greg. I think this one of me returning to the grid is great, you can see the cheesy smile on my face, even with the helmet on.

Thanks for taking them, Greg!

Quick Reply: Autocross Practice in Everett Sunday