Mid-Atlantic Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Magnaflows

Search this Thread

Old 3/25/05, 03:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the Magnaflows on (not paks). Had been reading on the site that they were not as loud as the stock and others said something different. IMO they are a "tad" bit louder but the difference is minimal. They do definitely give a deeper throat sound which I was looking for. They sure are not what you want if your looking for a much more aggressive sound.

The first set I got the notches were misaligned and the welding was not complete - was apparently one of the early issues. This set was good and only needed some tweaking with the brackets.
Old 3/25/05, 04:07 PM
Cobra R Member

So do you like them?
Old 3/25/05, 05:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 38special@March 25, 2005, 6:10 PM
So do you like them?

Yep, it was what I wanted but I can certainly see where they don't give you that butt kicking sound alot of folks want. Thinking about the Steeda Tri=Ax next. Would love the BFG's but since I can't get anything for the Pirelli's, too tight to take the plunge. I like what you have done with yours. Still can't get over how much fun it is to drive this thing. It was rainy today so I took it out, left the TC on and played a little. For now, its capabilities are more than mine but I am working on it
Old 3/25/05, 07:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Ranger

Have you found out how you are going to take care of that flat black hood?
Old 3/25/05, 07:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Ranger, I have had Magnaflows on my Cobra for ovewr a year. I can tell ya for a fact that they will get louder as you break them in. Mine are louder now than they were last year.

It is true that they don't have that drone that Flowmasters have but that was the reason I got Magnaflows.

I like them and Im keeping them

Old 3/25/05, 08:08 PM
Cobra R Member

My Bassani's drone pretty loud. Louder than I thought that they would, but now I just play my stereo louder. "WHAT DID YOU SAY?"
Old 3/26/05, 04:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 38special@March 25, 2005, 9:21 PM
Ranger

Have you found out how you are going to take care of that flat black hood?

Not Yet - have been looking for something/somewhere for matte type finishes that won't put a shine. The guy who did it and i discussed what he was going to do. Hd suggested he put enough matting agent into the paint to give it a satin (my term) finish since he said it would be easier to care for. The finish is close to what the wipers look like, not a fully dull look.
Old 3/26/05, 04:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 95SVTCobraVA@March 25, 2005, 9:49 PM
Hey Ranger, I have had Magnaflows on my Cobra for ovewr a year. I can tell ya for a fact that they will get louder as you break them in. Mine are louder now than they were last year.

It is true that they don't have that drone that Flowmasters have but that was the reason I got Magnaflows.

I like them and Im keeping them

I am keeping mine - the sound is what I wanted to get. Guess exhaust sounds are like colors - I had it in my mind what I wanted and these sure do it.
Old 3/26/05, 10:06 AM
Cobra R Member

Ranger

I'm glad you got what you wanted with magnaflo. What is the difference between what you have and magnapacks?

I was originally thinking flowmasters, but too many people on this site were all up with issues over the new flowmaster.

A lot of flowmaster folks seem to be disappointed. A case in point:

A friend of mine who bought an 05 after riding in mine, just put flowmasters on his and after hearing mine was sad that he got the flows. I also hear that you lose hp with flows. Do not know if that is true though.
Old 3/26/05, 01:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

[quote=38special,March 26, 2005, 12:09 PM]
Ranger

I'm glad you got what you wanted with magnaflo. What is the difference between what you have and magnapacks?

I think the magnapaks are definitely louder from what I have read. I thought about the Flowmaster axlebacks but IMO although they are less expensive (?) than the Magnaflows, they are not stainless and with the location of the mufflers and rear wheels, decided against it. Also was up in the air regarding the black color.

I think the "Magnaflows vs Flowmaster" debate is like politics. A friend of mine thinks if they are not Flowmasters, they don't sound right. He hasn't heard mine but "knows" they are not as good.
Old 3/26/05, 08:15 PM
Cobra R Member

The road wash on the mufflers is really bad. It did influence my choice for stainless.