Mid-Atlantic Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Booo to the MD police

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/06, 02:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Unbelieable (well not really, I guess it was going to happen sooner or later). On such a nice day today, I was on my way into the office when I passed a cop pulling out of Chic-Fil-A. As soon as I passed him he pulled out and flipped his lights on. $60 ticket for not having a front plate. Seriously, what is the benefit of a front plate anyway? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] They don't chase people backwards and they can tag with laser just as easily with no plate at all. I find it very hard to belive that the cop would have bothered to pull me over had it been 10 degrees out. To top it all off, the cop makes a left hand turn out of the parking lot that we were in without signaling. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smilies23.gif[/img] If you're going to inforce BS laws at least follow them too! alskjflsfjk

Does anyone know if a violation like this will affect insurance rates?
Old 2/16/06, 02:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pittperson @ February 16, 2006, 4:19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Unbelieable (well not really, I guess it was going to happen sooner or later). On such a nice day today, I was on my way into the office when I passed a cop pulling out of Chic-Fil-A. As soon as I passed him he pulled out and flipped his lights on. $60 ticket for not having a front plate. Seriously, what is the benefit of a front plate anyway? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] They don't chase people backwards and they can tag with laser just as easily with no plate at all. I find it very hard to belive that the cop would have bothered to pull me over had it been 10 degrees out. To top it all off, the cop makes a left hand turn out of the parking lot that we were in without signaling. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smilies23.gif[/img] If you're going to inforce BS laws at least follow them too! alskjflsfjk
Does anyone know if a violation like this will affect insurance rates?
[/b][/quote]

Nope just pay the fine. I think you have to take it to the station to show that it is on properly. Just get one of those brackets that use double sided tape and take it off when you're done.
Old 2/21/06, 11:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

thats why I just had the dealer put my plate on day one. It killed me, but I didn't want to be pulled over time and time and time again. Thats Md police for ya. I hear DC does the same.
Old 2/22/06, 04:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts
Maryland police do not play. Period. They have an "open door" policy. If they open their door you're going to get a ticket.
Old 2/22/06, 05:02 AM
Cobra Member

I got a ticket last summer as well for this and after that the plate went on.
Old 3/1/06, 02:06 PM
V6 Member

I've wanted to see Maryland drop that front license plate requirement for years too.

When the front license plate bracket on my Ranger broke, I just put the front plate on my dash for about 2 years and no one said anything about it! Guess I was just lucky.

I did get a ticket in my pickup a couple of weeks ago. He wrote me for speeding, and even after the trooper mentioned my cracked windshield, he didn't issue me a repair order! I was surprised!
Old 3/1/06, 02:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

In some states with plates on both ends of the car, the law may actually state that the plate must be on the rear of the car....like Illinois....if MD laws states both plates must be on, then you have to do it....or run the risk of another ticket.