Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Grattan Track event Sept 27/28

Search this Thread

Old 9/3/08, 09:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grattan Track event Sept 27/28

Anyone interested in 2 days at Grattan Raceway with a lot of tack time and an opportunity to race for trophies? Check out the SATCAR website for more details but in short there will be three run groups; a driving school group, a lapping group and a race group. Each day is a seperate event.

I was at the SATCAR event at Black Hawk Farms and was guaranteed at least 2 hours of track time as part of the race group (30 minute practice, 30 minute qualifying and 1 hour race) but since the driving school participation was light, the lapping and race groups were able to take advantage of those scheduled sessions as well.

The race is run with a staggered start, slowest cars leaving first based on the qualifying times. Break-out ruled apply so that you can't sand-bag your qualifying and run faster in the race. Passing zones are established prior to the race. It is a well planned event.

Race groups are required to rent transponders for the day (or provide your own). I think the lapping groups had the opportunity to also rent/use the transponders as well to record their lap times as well.

http://www.satcarracing.com/event.htm
Old 9/11/08, 06:32 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
wow...that sounds like fun...but too far away to drive there, race, and drive home....I may need a tow truck to get home..lol
Old 9/26/08, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by codeman94
wow...that sounds like fun...but too far away to drive there, race, and drive home....I may need a tow truck to get home..lol
Not sure where North Liberty IN is but I'm looking at a 5 hour drive each way but I'll stay overnight. But I will have to drive home sunday night after the event.

Check out the SATCAR site. They have another event at Gingermann October which may be a little closer for you

Then there is Road America in early November.

No schedule posted yet for 2009.

I've been lucky. I've driven my car 8 hrs one way to Mid America Motorplex in Iowa, did lapping runs (again including overnight stays locally), and drove it home with no issues. But there is always that chance...
Old 10/2/08, 08:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Came home from Grattan with a fast lap time of 1:41 something. I got in over 70 laps on Sunday the 28th of Sept ... and I skipped 3 lapping sessions!

For a more detailed breakdown of my day at Grattan with SATCAR...
http://www.nextgenmusclecars.com/for...ead.php?t=3811

SATCAR is providing some discounts in order to drum up some more participation for the remaining 4 track days in 2008 (Oct 17-18 at Gingerman and Nov 1-2 at Road America) by waiving the late entry fee (you can sign up the day of the event at the track), they will inspect your car there ($35) if you don't already have the safety inspection completed by a mechanic and they are offering buddy pricing (1/2 off the second same day registration if you bring a friend who also registers - it's up to the two of you to share the savings).

For more info on these end of the year discounts, contact Kern at kern@satcarracing.com