Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Ford GT to Race Jet at World’s Largest Air Show

Search this Thread

Old 7/23/04, 05:14 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
<center>FORD GT TO RACE JET AIRCRAFT AT WORLD’S LARGEST AIR SHOW</center>
WHAT:
The two forms of human mass travel - land and air - have evolved with one feeding the other in design, technology and manufacturing. Ford Motor Company will celebrate the connection between the aerospace and automotive industries at the world's largest air show, AirVenture - highlighting the company's strong history in aviation, and leading up to the fusion of aerospace technology into the Ford GT super car.
  • It's a bird; it's a plane; it's… the Ford GT! The 2005 Ford GT super car is the next best thing to an aircraft with no wings. Built on advanced aerospace materials and manufacturing technology, the Ford GT is much like a fighter aircraft - using an aluminum space frame consisting of complex cast aluminum structures.
  • Ford will put the Ford GT to the "flight" test by racing it against various air show aircraft on the runway at the world's largest air show, AirVenture.
  • Further demonstrating Ford's connection to aviation, Ford will conduct a land and air formation between the new 2005 Mustang, vintage Mustangs and the aircraft where Mustang got its name: the P-51 Mustang aircraft.
  • Ford will conduct a forum on the connection between aerospace and automobiles, tracing the history of how these sister industries have influenced one another - led by Ford's Executive Director of North American Design Peter Horbury.
  • Henry Ford not only brought land travel to the masses, but did the same for air travel with the Ford Tri Motor plane. Ford was the world's largest aircraft producer in the 1920s.
WHEN:
Friday, July 30, 2004
1 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. - Ford GT Forum Presentation, "An Airplane on Wheels"
2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Ford GT and Jet aircraft race down runway
5 p.m. - 6 p.m. - Mustang Land and Air Formation

WHERE:
  • All events are part of the AirVenture air show, in Oshkosh, Wisconsin
  • The Ford GT Forum Presentation will be held at the AirVenture Forums Plaza.
  • The Ford GT and Mustang Land and Air Formation to take place on main runway.
INTERVIEWS:
The following spokespeople are available for interviews by appointment or at the event:
  • Peter Horbury, executive director, North American Design - Ford Motor Company
  • Matthew Zaluzec, manager, Ford GT Manufacturing - Ford Motor Company
  • Mark McGowan, professional driver for the Ford GT - Ford Motor Company
Photos Appeciated!
Old 7/23/04, 08:06 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Working again, so I can't go.

I really hate my life.
Old 7/23/04, 08:10 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally posted by Red Star@July 23, 2004, 8:09 PM

I really hate my life.
Darn . .you work an awful lot!!

Ever been to Milwaukee Fest?
Old 7/24/04, 06:35 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by Evil_Capri+July 23, 2004, 8:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Evil_Capri @ July 23, 2004, 8:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Red Star@July 23, 2004, 8:09 PM

I really hate my life.
Darn . .you work an awful lot!!

Ever been to Milwaukee Fest? [/b][/quote]
I work 5 days a week (or in my case, 5 nights a week), and other 2 days I have school (took 6 credits during the summer at college).

Next summer when I graduate from college, I'm getting used Lincoln Navigator (maybe 2003, I always wanted one), so I wanna save as much money as possible for down payment. Of course, I am kind of guy who makes quick decisions, and change those decisions a lot, so whole "Lincoln Navigator" story might change until next summer.

I've never been to Milwaukee Fest. I moved here about 2 years ago from Idaho. I didn't even know about the fest last year, and this year I had to work.
Old 4/13/05, 06:01 PM
GT Member

jij