Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

2007 Car Shows - Illinois and Kentucky

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/07, 10:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2007 Car Shows - Illinois and Kentucky

I have 2 Mustang II's. Both are 1978 Ghia's with 302 engines and auto trannys, etc. Basically identical except that one is midnight blue and chamois and the other is metallic brown and chamois. I've had my blue one since 1979 and it has over 242,000 miles on her. The brown one I've owned since 2005 and it has 56,000 miles on her (yes, it really is only 56,000 miles). I show both of my cars and would LOVE for other II owners to attend more shows.

I just returned from the MCA Oklahoma National show a week ago. The biggest comment I heard was "boy, you sure don't see those around anymore. Why don't you see them at the shows?" My response was two-fold.

First of all, generally if you own 1 Mustang II you own at least 2 if not 3 and you can only drive 1 yourself at a time. Second, Mustang II's have been bad mouthed by other Mustang owners for so long that most Mustang II owners don't want to subject themselves to that ridicule and so they just enjoy driving the cars and don't show them. It is time we showed everyone just how many there are on the road still! No matter what condition your II is in, - restored, daily driver, concourse perfect - bring it to your shows and show it off! Don't let the II die!

I have have found that the best shows and pretty much the only shows I attend are ones that are for either All Fords, All Mustangs, or if it is a local mixed show, then it has a class for my Mustang. I will compete against Mustangs up to 1986, but after that, the body style is way too different and so I won't show where the class is larger than 1974-1986. So anyway, be proud of your II and SHOW IT!! You'd be surprised at how many people actually will love your car and be really interested in hearing about it.

Below are some upcoming shows for 2007 that I would love to see some other II's at!

May 25-27, 2007, Louisville, Kentucky - MCA National. The link to the website is www.derbycitymustang.com. Awesome club and they really put on great shows. They also have their annual show in September, the weekend after Labor Day.

Sunday, June 3, 2007, Bloomington, Illinois @ Dennison Ford. Central Illinois Mustangs is hosting their annual show. There are usually 3-4 MII's there. Link to the website and show is http://www.cimustang.org.

Saturday, June 30, 2007, Alton, Illinois. Southern Illinois Mustang Club is hosting their 30th Anniversary show. The link to their website and show is http://www.simustang.org.

July 20-22, 2007, Springfield, Illinois - MCA National @ Crowne Plaza. Another great Mustang club. The show is held on site. The link to that show is http://www.cimclub.com/2007.

Sunday, September 16, Peoria, Illinois @ Uftring Automall. (usually have around 6 Mustang II's) It is just a local club in Peoria that puts the show on, and they don't have a website or link. I'll try to post info on the show as soon as I get it. Hope to see you at some shows!!

Elizabeth
Highland, IL
Mtang78
</SPAN>