West Coast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Who wants to get together?

Search this Thread

Old 6/29/05, 01:26 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would anyone like to plan another cruise and meet. Surfn and I were talking and we were trying to decide between either doing a cruise from down here in SD to Venice Beach on a Sunday and hang for the day, maybe do lunch or trying to make it to crystal cove one saturday morning and checking out the cars there and then doing brunch afterward, this would be early morning (I believe the show goes from 6am-10am) and for those interested coming from SD we can cruise up and meet the people coming from the OC and LA, maybe they can cruise together too if they would like.

So here are the possible dates being that there is something going on every other Saturday and Sunday (car show related):

Saturday July 16: Early morning cruise to Crystal Cove Show and brunch (I will find out what time the show runs)

or

Sunday July 31: Cruise from SD to Venice, hang and do lunch

or if you guys want since they are spaced out we could do both.

Let me know your oppinions ASAP so we can get as many people together as possible.
Old 6/29/05, 01:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by rrobello@June 29, 2005, 12:29 PM
Would anyone like to plan another cruise and meet. Surfn and I were talking and we were trying to decide between either doing a cruise from down here in SD to Venice Beach on a Sunday and hang for the day, maybe do lunch or trying to make it to crystal cove one saturday morning and checking out the cars there and then doing brunch afterward, this would be early morning (I believe the show goes from 6am-10am) and for those interested coming from SD we can cruise up and meet the people coming from the OC and LA, maybe they can cruise together too if they would like.

So here are the possible dates being that there is something going on every other Saturday and Sunday (car show related):

Saturday July 16: Early morning cruise to Crystal Cove Show and brunch (I will find out what time the show runs)

or

Sunday July 31: Cruise from SD to Venice, hang and do lunch

or if you guys want since they are spaced out we could do both.

Let me know your oppinions ASAP so we can get as many people together as possible.

I am down for both. count me in.
Old 7/1/05, 01:41 PM

rabbitts down for July 16 but she has to work on the 31
Old 7/2/05, 04:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've been out of touch for a while, but I'm up for the 31st.
Old 7/6/05, 01:39 PM
V6 Member

You guys will have to give me a few months and then I'll be hittin ya'll up. I just got my VIN# on my 06 order... So sometime in Sept or Oct. I'll check in with rrobello and SurfnSoCal and see what's going on if you folks don't mind.
Enjoy.
Dave
Old 7/6/05, 04:13 PM

not a problem at all and your welcome to join in while you wait for your car.
Old 7/7/05, 10:15 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by rrobello@July 6, 2005, 3:16 PM
not a problem at all and your welcome to join in while you wait for your car.
rrobello - thanks. I'll hold out til I get my stang... I know if I went for a cruise with you guys in my 96 Nissan Maxima w/145K miles on it I'd get distracted by all the great looking stang's around me and end up wrecking into one of you. But seeing as I just found out my build week is 8/1/05 (first week they will build 06's) it shouldn't be too long.
Old 7/7/05, 01:23 PM

ok so far we have

July 16: 5 people and 1 maybe

July 31: 3 people

Anyone else?????

I will send out a newsletter to everyones email I have from the Surfside Show in May. That should go out tonight.
Old 7/8/05, 02:28 PM

The crystal cove show kicks off at 7am (some guys get there earlier) and goes until 9 most people start leaving at 8:30

ok so this is the plan for July 16, its a Saturday and since the cyrstal cove show is so early in the morning, we will meet in the parking lot of the Starbucks/Barnes and Noble in Encinitas around 6:15am (I will be there sometime between 6 and 6:15) and then start heading up at 6:30am, so make sure your there on time, I know of one person that is joining in on the freeway in San Clemente, so he will just meet up as we pass. We should be able to make it to Crystal Cove aournd 7 am. Hang for the show until about 9 am when it ends and then go to breakfast somewhere in the area (Does anyone have recomendations on somewhere to eat up there?) For those coming from the north and heading south to the show let me know, there is another group forming that will be coming down from there, and I can be the middle man on that info. Now as for the route to take, who would be up for getting off the freeway in San Clemente and cruising up the coast, at that hour it shouldnt take much longer than the freeway and is a nicer drive or would you prefer taking the freeway as far as possible?

For those that dont know where the starbucks/barnes and noble is in Encinitas.

Off the 5 exit Leucadia Blvd. and head east (right from the south and a left if coming from the north) you will go about 1.5 miles (past residential and through a golf course as you go over a hill) as you come down the backside of that hill you will see shopping centers on either side, as you pass the Sports Authority on the right hand side move into the right turn lane and make a right into the center at the first light, you will see a shell on the right corner and an AMPM on the opposite corner. (If you make it to El Camino Real you've gone too far, either make a uturn and go back up to the light and turn left or you can make a right and then another right into the center) Once you enter the center head straight to the stop sign and through it and park your there. You will see me and whoever else may be there by that time.

If you would like my number to communicate incase you get lost let me know and I will PM you with it.

The July 31 cruise is still up in the air and if enough people want to do that we will organize it, but right now I only have three for that.
Old 7/9/05, 12:01 AM

Ok I appologize but I am killing the July 31 cruise we can change the date to sometime in August if everyone would like. Problem is that there are two big shows on that day, and I am going to one of them, besides I am not getting to much feedback on it yet anyways. Again I am sorry, this is an error on my part.

here are the two shows

SD: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=26838

Torrance: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=26835

if anyone is planning on attending the one in SD then maybe we can all get together and cruise down as a group.
Old 7/13/05, 01:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

You can count me in for the show this saturday. I won't be able to meet up with you guys for the cruise to the show untill you guys get to the huntington beach area. Whats the best way to time that and where????
Old 7/13/05, 12:34 PM

here is a link to good directions and a map someone posted elsewhere...as for timing it I dont know how long does it take you to get from Huntington to Newport? we will try to make it by 7 but should be no later than 7:15am. You cant get into the parking lot until 7am anyway, the cars wait in a long line on the street. If you would like PM me with a way Rabbitt can get ahold of you and I'll have her contact you, she will be coming from Huntington as well and maybe you guys can cruise down together.

UHMM YOU WILL BE HEADING SOUTH IF YOUR IN HUNTINGTON SO WE WONT BE COMING UP TO YOU.
Old 7/13/05, 01:29 PM

ok here is the final plans...we will meet at the original location of the Starbuck/Barnes and Noble parking lot (they are connected) in Encinitas. I will be there around 6am and we will leave at 6:30 on the dot so make it there before that, 6:15 would be perfect then you can get a coffee to wake up for the drive. Here are directions...

If you are coming North on the I-5
Exit Leucadia Blvd and make a right or
If you are coming South on the I-5
Exit Leucadia Blvd and make a left
head east for 1.7 Miles
You are going to pass Calle Barcelona
at the very next light (Town Center Pl) make a right into shopping center
go straight through stop sign and park, your there.

If you are coming from Escondido and are using Del Dios or some similar route I will assume you know how to get to Encinitas, and hopefully you are somewhat familiar with the area, if not let me know. But the center is on the South West corner of El Camino Real and Leucadia Blvd. If you are coming down Rancho Sante Fe Rd. it turns into Leucadia coming across El Camino Real, make a left at the next light into the shopping center. The center is North of Encinitas Blvd so if you are coming from there turn right onto El Camino Real and head North, when you see Home Depot on your right the center on your left is the center with the Barnes and Noble, go to the next light Leucadia and turn left and then another left at the next light again your there. PM me for my number in case any of you need to contact me.

Here is a link to a map on mapquest...ignore the star its a little of base....
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formt...a&zipcode=92024

Here is a list of people that I have confirmed are coming....(if you are not on this list please let me know...there are some others that might show that I have not confirmed with as well and some of my friends might join in.)
rrobello:TMS:Black 05 GT: La Costa
SurfnSoCal:TMS:Black 05 GT: San Clemente
Jessica Rabbitt:TMS:Black 05 GT: Huntington Beach
GTStallion:TMS:Mineral Grey 05 GT: Huntington Beach
02Silver2V:SCS:Silver 02 GT(I'm assuming): Escondido
uwti:MF:67 GT500:Glendale (maybe)
RetiredGeneral:MF:???:LA (maybe)
2Stangs:MF:Sonic Blue 05 GT:SD
2Stangs friend:Mineral Grey 05 Vert:SD (maybe)
Melinda:friendne of three to choose from:SD

this should be fun cyrstal cove is an awesome show, we will be there until roughly 9am and then go have some breakfast...if I have forgot something please let me know. Otherwise I will see you all on Saturday.
Old 7/13/05, 02:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

sick. I am waxing my car friday night
Old 7/13/05, 04:07 PM

anyone in the north OC and LA areas that want to join that group on the ride down email jessicarabbitt@surfsidemustangs.com
Old 7/13/05, 07:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey guys,
I might try to make it. I am recovering from emergency oral surgery this week, but I was thinking about going to CC before I saw this post (gettin sick of the house). I'll know more tomorrow/Friday.
If I go I'll be coming from HB as well so maybe we can have a mini cruise down.
Old 7/14/05, 03:17 AM

cool, I hope you can make it, darn oral surgery that stinks....if you want to cruise down from Huntington email her and post here just in case, I will call her and let her know
Old 7/15/05, 02:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'm excited.
Old 7/15/05, 10:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Shes washed and ready to go is that cruise from HB to the show going to happen?
Old 7/15/05, 11:09 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

GTStallion, 2MFF lets FOR SURE go down together. I have been wanting to get the HB Stangs out at once. We need to represent! LOL I just sent you each a PM with my numbers, gimme a call tonight or in the AM. I am getting up at 5:30, want to leave no later than 6:30. Gonna bring the hubby with me, and you all can make fun of gimpy. Well, not too much, the poor guy is still in a lot of pain.