West Coast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Any SoCal people been to Galpin Auto Sports?

Old 1/11/07, 12:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any SoCal people been to Galpin Auto Sports?

I was there recently, and let me just say, it's like a candy store for Mustang lovers!

I was very impressed with the facility.

However, while I was there, I decided to inquire about their supercharger installs. I was thrown aback when I was quoted about $8000+ for a Saleen (w/ ~475hp upgrade package). woah!

The rep tried to convince me that if I go with them, Saleen themselves would honor the remainder of my Ford warranty. Since I have just over a year left on it, this was not a big selling point for me. I figure with the extra 2k they are charging, I could put that towards some beefed internals and have some REAL insurance.

Is it still better to go with an independent tuner like ST Motorsports?

Wadday'all think?
Old 1/11/07, 02:41 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That is extreme for me, I wouldn't pay that. You could get an intercooled whipple for 6k installed. That quote is without the gt 500 fuel pumps and it would put down about 420 rwhp. Weren't you looking for around 400 rwhp?
Old 1/11/07, 02:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was actually there last weekend.

I am considering getting a new Mustang GT and was inquiring about the mods I want. Nice place, nice guy - but I thought the prices were on the high side.

I had a tour of the place a few months back. Turns out they film some TV show there (I foget the name - one of those 'pimp my whip' type of thing). They also have a very upscale showroom in the back with Ford GTs, Shelby 500s, Aston Martins, Jags, and other exotics.
Old 1/11/07, 02:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oops - double post. (Where is that delete button?)
Old 1/11/07, 02:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 2005sonicBOOST
That is extreme for me, I wouldn't pay that. You could get an intercooled whipple for 6k installed. That quote is without the gt 500 fuel pumps and it would put down about 420 rwhp. Weren't you looking for around 400 rwhp?
Yah, ~400rwhp sounds about where I want to be...the 475hp I was talking about is at the crank, so it's right about there.

I'm inclined to agree, their price is WAY too high, warranty or not. I think they're trying to sell their NAME as much as their product.

I could put that extra 2K towards some forged internals. Any idea how much that would run?

Would it be possible to get a SC AND forged internals for around 10K ?
Old 1/11/07, 03:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by davisinla
I was actually there last weekend.

I am considering getting a new Mustang GT and was inquiring about the mods I want. Nice place, nice guy - but I thought the prices were on the high side.

I had a tour of the place a few months back. Turns out they film some TV show there (I foget the name - one of those 'pimp my whip' type of thing). They also have a very upscale showroom in the back with Ford GTs, Shelby 500s, Aston Martins, Jags, and other exotics.
the current issue of 5.0 has their blue push-rod powered 2007 Boss 302 Mustang. Pretty sweet car, no doubt. I saw it in person.

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/toc/thismonth/

Again, they have a very nice facility, but they gotta bring their pricing down to earth.
Old 1/11/07, 04:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 2005sonicBOOST
You could get an intercooled whipple for 6k installed.
Could you give me a reference to the shop that gave you that quote? The Whipple is one sweet blower.
Old 1/11/07, 04:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Rebel73
Could you give me a reference to the shop that gave you that quote? The Whipple is one sweet blower.
Rob:

I take it you're in So. Cal. Have you heard of B&D in Canoga Park? (Not to confused with b&d in Hollywood )

He did a bunch of stuff to my '87 a few years back - I'll probably bring my new one to him as well. The only bummer for me is that he isn't usually there on weekends - the only day I can get out there.
Old 1/11/07, 05:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by davisinla
Rob:

I take it you're in So. Cal. Have you heard of B&D in Canoga Park? (Not to confused with b&d in Hollywood )

He did a bunch of stuff to my '87 a few years back - I'll probably bring my new one to him as well. The only bummer for me is that he isn't usually there on weekends - the only day I can get out there.
No, I haven't heard of them. What types of blowers does he install? Do you have a number?

thanks!
Old 1/11/07, 05:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

No, I haven't heard of them. What types of blowers does he install? Do you have a number?
I haven't really talked to him in a while...the last time I saw the owner (Brian) he had brought one of his creations to the big monthly shindig in Calabasas. (Ever been to that?)

Here's his web site. http://www.bdracing.net/index2.asp

He might remember me (Paul Davis). He did a bunch of stuff on my white 5.0 LX convertible about 3 or 4 years ago. He knows his Mustang stuff.
Old 1/11/07, 07:00 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
PM sent
Old 1/13/07, 06:02 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's WAY high dude. I live in Hollywood and take my car to Joe at Chicane Sport Tuning.

Give him a call and tell him Jamie referred you. He is THE Mustang guy as far as I'm concerned and also an authorized Saleen dealer / installer.

As for warranty, as long as you install with a Saleen authorized installer they will warranty your engine for one year. I've never heard of anything about them honoring Ford's warranty through Saleen... sounds like BS to me.

Anyway... here's his number 1-310-782-0063
Old 1/13/07, 06:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Imatk
That's WAY high dude. I live in Hollywood and take my car to Joe at Chicane Sport Tuning.
Where is your guy located?
Old 1/13/07, 08:15 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He's in Torrance... here's the website http://www.chicanesport.com/
Old 1/17/07, 09:52 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Imatk

Give him a call and tell him Jamie referred you. He is THE Mustang guy as far as I'm concerned and also an authorized Saleen dealer / installer.

As for warranty, as long as you install with a Saleen authorized installer they will warranty your engine for one year. I've never heard of anything about them honoring Ford's warranty through Saleen... sounds like BS to me.

Anyway... here's his number 1-310-782-0063
thanks,

I've heard of this place...I'll check 'em out.
Old 1/17/07, 10:59 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Chicane is known to be reputable