Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Walker Ford strikes again!

Search this Thread

Old 2/24/05, 03:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took my car in at 8am today for warranty work. They slid my car right in and gave me a loaner to drive. The bushings were squeaking and popping and making the worst racket you ever heard! Oil change time also.
Part of the service offered on SVT vehicles is a complementary wash and vacuum whenever you bring your car in.
I go to pick up my car this afternoon and they pull it up front and lo and behold the birds have been making divebomb runs on it! The rear of the car has white splotches all over it!
These are the same guys that took a member of this board's '05 Mustang GT (brand new) for a 100 mile cruise and returned it with cat hair in it and never bothered to clean the car up. This gentleman is a member of our armed forces and he specifically told them not to let anyone sit in the car or drive it.
They compensated him for it so I decided to give them another chance. Duhhhh! on me!
They left a card in the car asking for perfect scores on my cust satisfaction survey that I'm supposed to mail to Ford. I just sent the owner an e-mail telling him why they aren't going to get perfect scores.
So...if anyone asks me where to go to buy a Ford and get it serviced I'll be sure to tell them where not to go!

WALKER FORD IN CLEARWATER FLORIDA!
Old 2/24/05, 03:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

So wrong! Customer Service is obviously not their specialty.
Old 2/24/05, 03:27 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I hate to hear of things like this.

I am going to move to southeast forum.
Old 2/24/05, 05:46 PM
FR500 Member

sleazy dealers...in it for the money and only the money...ALSO, RAY PEARMAN LINCOLN-MERCURY IN HUNTSVILLE, AL NEVER FIXED OUR CAR'S PROBLEM AND WE PAID OVER $2000 FOR PARTS THAT WERE "SUPPOSED TO FIX IT"... :notnice: :notnice:
Old 2/24/05, 06:34 PM
GT Member

Oh Man I'd be hot about that !
Old 2/24/05, 07:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hi, I'm the first person Walker screwed on the 2005 Stang. I've NEVER been back. I take it to Brandon Ford for anything I need. Even though I can get a couple free oil changes, tanks of gas and details from Walker, I simply don't trust them. While I was there last time, one of the guys in the service department actually gave me advice NOT to bring it there, take it somewhere else he said!!!

Sorry to hear about it..........
Old 2/25/05, 06:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Someone from Walker Ford called me this morning while I was getting ready for work. I assume it was one of the owners since his last name was Walker. I don't know where these people got their customer service skills from but he quickly sealed the deal on me never returning.
He asked me how I was doing and I replied that I had washed my car last night and so I was calmed down quite a bit. He said that that was too bad since he was going to have me bring my car in today to be washed and vacuumed. Oh, so you want me to come all the way back out there on my time so all you can do is finish what you were supposed to do in the first place? Sure, I'll go if you pay me for my time. Sixty dollars an hour!
He was making excuses about why it wasn't done in the first place. Apparently some guy went ballistic because they washed his car and he doesn't want anyone washing his car except him Duh! Some people are like that! Old news! Does that mean you couldn't pick up the phone and ask if it would be okay to wash the car? Come on with that! I didn't come in with the last load of pumpkins!
If the sun had been shining I would have gone bananas at the service department! As it was, I took it to the nearest car wash and hosed it all off. What's this guy been smoking? Did he really think I was going to park it at home with bird poo all over it?
He said at this time that was all he could offer. No, that's all he's going to offer! He could offer anything he wanted to. But he chose not to. I guess he's got way too much business and can afford to lose some. That's fine! I'll be sure and spread the word around about how they treat their customers! And do what I should have done in the first place. Never go back there! Trust me, I won't!
Old 2/25/05, 08:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Not surprised. I got a few things out of them, nothing really significant. Even the free window tinting I got from them has since been changed. They did the whole 35% thing, and I took it somewhere else and got limo tint on it all the way around for $80. Yes, limo on the front windows is illegal,..........I'll just redo it and pay the ticket if it comes to that.

I wouldn't let Walker Ford wash my dog, let alone my car. They are nutless retards with no customer service skills whatsoever.
Old 2/26/05, 04:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Keith, I'm still stunned at the way they treated you and your new stang. Buying a car is supposed to be an enjoyable experience.
I should have learned from your experience. You can be sure I'll never take it there again. I hope you're enjoying your '05!
Old 2/26/05, 09:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dale, I love it. It is a great ride, my first Mustang. Always wanted one, just couldn't fit it in the budget or put kids in it. Now - budget is bigger, kids are grown.......time to enjoy life!

I'm hoping to get an SVT in 08/09, and am currently shopping for a 68 Fastback to restore/rebuild.
Old 3/1/05, 10:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Well! This just keeps getting better and better! A customer service rep called from Walker Ford to see how my visit went last week. I explained why I would not be coming back. He was very pleasant and seemed concerned about the problem. He asked what they could do to earn my business back. I said detail my car from top to bottom- the works, everything! He offered a free oil change. I informed him that was one of the services I had performed last week.
He said he would see if he could get that done for me and I thanked him for his time and hung up.
His most royal highness Mr. Gary Walker himself called this afternoon. Yep, same Walker I spoke with last week. He said that he thought we had went over this last week. I said yes we had. He made the same offer. Bring the car in and they would wash it and vacuum it. No detail. No wax. I asked him if he expected me to bring my car in on my time just so they could finish what they were supposed to do in the first place after I'd already taken care of it. He said something about he wasn't going to do it on his time. Excuse me, you jerk, you have employees to do that for you. Every new car lot has detail guys that spend half their day standing around doing nothing. My car's going to break the bank eh?
I told him I wouldn't be back and he said that was fine. I replied that was fine with me too. And that was it. A simple gesture could have regained them a customer but, no, I'm just a lowly serf that should know my place I suppose.
I'm not surprised with how the scene played out. Just confimed my position! He'll still have plenty of business, and I'll be happier somewhere else. B)