Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Road trip

Search this Thread

Old 2/11/06, 09:53 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning everyone.
I'm planning a road trip from Canada to South Florida around the 15th of May. I would appreciate any input from you guys out there as to any event or car shows I could attend along the way and also any kind of gathering in the Fort Lauderdale area in the third and fourth week of May.

I've read and learned so much stuff on this forum since I bought my car and it sure would be nice to meet some of you guys from south of the border.

Again, anything you can find out and let me in on it will definately be appreciated.
Kepp those Stangs shiny,
John.
Old 2/12/06, 08:24 AM

Every Friday night all kinds of car people gather at Tower Shops. It's just south of I595 on the east side of University Dr. I'll try to get more info shortly.
Old 2/12/06, 04:38 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racerraj @ February 12, 2006, 9:27 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Every Friday night all kinds of car people gather at Tower Shops. It's just south of I595 on the east side of University Dr. I'll try to get more info shortly.
[/b][/quote]
Thanks alot Roger I appreciate that very much. Especially since my relatives live in Plantation which is very close by.
I'm happy I got at least one response to my thread and when the time comes perhaps we can meet when I go down.
Thanks again Roger
John
Old 2/12/06, 04:40 PM
Bullitt Member

In Orlando there's a popular corner.

www.fuelsl ut.net (take out the space, stupid word filter)

Tell them Shifty sent ya.
Old 2/12/06, 04:59 PM
V6 Member

Thanks Shifty I will.
John
Old 2/12/06, 06:47 PM
GT Member

Im not really into the "show" but there always fun at Moroso the local 1/4 mile track which is about 45 min-1hr north of plantation. Me ,169stang(dave) and a couple other guys go up there frequently and im sure we could arrange to go when your down here. always good to have 1 more-and then you can tell all your up north buddies about the heat we have to deal with at the tracks down here.
Old 2/12/06, 07:31 PM
Cobra Member

I don't know, should you trust a guy named Shifty??? Just kidding. Anyway, That drive would be a blast. I hope you have a great, but safe ride.
Matt
Old 2/13/06, 06:12 AM
V6 Member

This is so nice of you guys telling me stuff and inviting me. I will make sure I print te pages from this thread before I leave and contact those who wish to. I've never been much into this before but this forum attracts me like a magnet everyday and it's becoming like a brotherhood to me now.

I'll make sur I get in touch with you Jan.
And Matt: Thanks for the advice. BTW, I remember that episode when they threw the turkeys from the helicopter. LMAO. Good memories.
Hang in there guys and God bless you all.
John
Old 2/13/06, 10:21 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah TOWERS on Friday nights seem to be the main meet... I don't know of any shows right now but I keep my ears open for that stuff and would know as May gets closer.

Towers or Moroso seems your best bet (I am way past due for hitting Mosoro on a test and tune night...).

I'd be up for checking out your Blue beauty in person.... keep us posted! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/13/06, 10:50 AM
Bullitt Member

My parents have got a condo on Marco Island and I'll actually be down their around that same time.. (Actually, i'm going to be down there from 2/24 to 3/4 as well..can't wait to get outta this crappy Michigan weather!!). I've wondered this same thing...where does all the car stuff happen down there? I've been coming down there for a while now, but just haven't had a chance to check out fellow mustang enthusiasts. If anyone could let me know a) where the closest place to Marco is to check out some cool cars, (esp mustangs), [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img] where to go to on Fri/Sat nights to see some street racing or car gatherings..I'd really appreciate it.
Old 2/13/06, 11:51 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Burke0011 @ February 13, 2006, 11:24 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeah TOWERS on Friday nights seem to be the main meet... I don't know of any shows right now but I keep my ears open for that stuff and would know as May gets closer.

Towers or Moroso seems your best bet (I am way past due for hitting Mosoro on a test and tune night...).

I'd be up for checking out your Blue beauty in person.... keep us posted! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I'll keep that in mind Dave and I will make sure it's all detailed before we meet. Wouldn't want you to think those crazy canucks don't take care of their babies. Lollll.
Kepp in touch Dave,
John

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eromzek @ February 13, 2006, 11:53 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
My parents have got a condo on Marco Island and I'll actually be down their around that same time.. (Actually, i'm going to be down there from 2/24 to 3/4 as well..can't wait to get outta this crappy Michigan weather!!). I've wondered this same thing...where does all the car stuff happen down there? I've been coming down there for a while now, but just haven't had a chance to check out fellow mustang enthusiasts. If anyone could let me know a) where the closest place to Marco is to check out some cool cars, (esp mustangs), [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img] where to go to on Fri/Sat nights to see some street racing or car gatherings..I'd really appreciate it.
[/b][/quote]

Makes 2 of us Erik 1- check out some cool cars
2- Get out of this crappy weather

It would also be nice to take pictures of 2 very nice Sonic Blue Stangs. Heck if we keep this up we might make a round up out of this and we could actually be the show... Imagine a bunch of Stangs meeting along the way to cruise down to South Florida....Now that would very nice. My nephew is supposed to fly up here so we can drive back. I could just see his face right now.

Anyway, let's see where all this leads to. I'm already very anxious to leave. Nice to hear from all you guys.
John
Old 2/15/06, 10:25 AM
I Have Admin Envy

I'll move this to the southeast section, you should have good response there
Old 3/9/06, 02:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hey John, the Rocket City Mustang Club of Huntsville, AL is having their Annual show May 13 if you want to scoot over to I-65 South.

http://www.rocketcitymustang.com