Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

GA peeps

Search this Thread

Old 2/19/11, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question GA peeps

Anyone here in GA willing to take a 27 female under their wings and show her how to do some basic engine stuff and mod installation....

My dad started teaching me but he passed away when I was 16 so I know everything about mustangs and what i want in my car and on my car but lack the ability and knowledge to do the installs...

And when a shop sees a nice lil blonde girl driving up in a 5.0 they think ohhh she knows nothing her daddy or b/f got her this car
Old 2/20/11, 12:39 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm in Alpharetta and generally work on my own car and friends' Mustangs pretty regularly. Actually this is the first weekend in a month I haven't turned a wrench on a car. Last weekend, I installed an alternator on a buddy's '07 GT. The weekend before that was axle-backs on an '11 GT. The one before that was an adjustable Panhard bar on another GT. What do you need done? I'm not fast, but my prices can't be beaten. All I charge usually is good conversation and ask that you hand me whatever wrench or socket I need if I'm under the car. If you want to take me up on my offer, I'd prefer if we worked on your car when my wife is at home or if you brought a male friend.
Old 2/20/11, 01:01 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jsnyng
If you want to take me up on my offer, I'd prefer if we worked on your car when my wife is at home or if you brought a male friend.

I love it... lol smart man... Id help you, but Louisiana is a 7-8 hour drive..
Old 2/20/11, 02:20 PM

I'm in Alpharetta and generally work on my own car and friends' Mustangs pretty regularly. Actually this is the first weekend in a month I haven't turned a wrench on a car. Last weekend, I installed an alternator on a buddy's '07 GT. The weekend before that was axle-backs on an '11 GT. The one before that was an adjustable Panhard bar on another GT. What do you need done? I'm not fast, but my prices can't be beaten. All I charge usually is good conversation and ask that you hand me whatever wrench or socket I need if I'm under the car. If you want to take me up on my offer, I'd prefer if we worked on your car when my wife is at home or if you brought a male friend.
I could bring mi fiancee... lol that would make her feel better..

was wanting to order gears...
Old 2/20/11, 02:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by chrissy0022

Gears is not a driveway job I'd do. I paid to have them installed in my '11. I can give you my mechanic's contact info who did mine if you like. I still want to see your car regardless.
Old 2/20/11, 02:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, Gears are best done on a lift, they have to be shimed and measured with a Mic to make sure they are in there right, and the Pinion gear has be be set in so far and torqued... it would be a ***** to do on a driveway..
Old 2/20/11, 02:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by chrissy0022

You are marrying a guy that cannot work on cars??? What's up with that? You could have helped install my Saleen S/C a couple of weeks ago ...
Old 2/20/11, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by dmhines
You are marrying a guy that cannot work on cars??? What's up with that? You could have helped install my Saleen S/C a couple of weeks ago ...
I know my Fiancee when i met him his tool box consisted of 5 different size screw drivers... I was like Oh lord...
Old 2/20/11, 03:04 PM

Gears is not a driveway job I'd do. I paid to have them installed in my '11. I can give you my mechanic's contact info who did mine if you like. I still want to see your car regardless.
What other mods would you suggest?
Old 2/21/11, 07:35 PM

can you install shocks?