Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Charlotte NC Mustang Performance Shop

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/06 | 11:49 AM
V6 Member

Charlotte NC Mustang Performance Shop

I have been out of the Mustang performance loop for a few years. I used to buy parts from Mark Ray when he had a shop on South Blvd, but I cannot find out much about Mark on the internet, so I assume he no longer runs a Mustang shop. Now, with an 06 GT, I am interested in getting a set of 3:73 gears installed, and that's one job I won't tackle myself! So....who is the top dog in reliable Mustang performance work in the Charlotte area now?
Old 8/10/06 | 08:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

I cant answer you question on who to take it to as I have just moved to the area, but I can tell you this.....

Go with the 4.10s or 4.30s instead of the 3.73s. I have the 4.10s in mine (still get about 22mpg at 70mph) and whish I would have gone with the 4.30s.
Old 8/11/06 | 06:40 PM
V6 Member

Yeah, I have been thinking about 4:10's. I commute 50 miles everyday, mostly highway speeds and am averaging 22mpg. I don't want to lose much of that 22mpg. It is an automatic, and it seems the Bama Chip guy, and others say 3:73's are ideal for the automatic daily driver. I have been known to visit Rockingham Dragway occasionally, but I don't street race as I got over that many years ago. I walked away from a total loss wreck a changed man......
Old 8/11/06 | 06:45 PM
V6 Member

pittperson, I forgot to welcome you to the area! Back in another, married, life, I lived near Cornelius, down Torrence Chapel Rd, I-77 Exit 28. A beautiful area for sure, but I would hate the commute to Charlotte everyday. I now live in southern Union Co, and I have an easy 40 minute commute to south Charlotte. Regards......
Old 8/15/06 | 02:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

You might try Harris Racing on Stough Road (off of Hwy. 49 near Frank Liske Park) in Concord. Their phone is 704-786-RACE. Can't vouch for them personally but they do support the Carolina Reg. Mustang Club.

From what I hear, one the of the best rearend guys in the area is Les Lesnewski (sp?) but I don't have any contact info on him. BTW, he used to work at Mark's shop.
Old 8/15/06 | 04:12 PM
V6 Member

Thanks, Rick. I think I remember Les from a performance shop near Monroe about 10 years ago. They mainly built and road raced Corvettes I believe. I think Les installed some Eibach springs on a 96 Mustang Cobra for me. Do you know where Mark Ray is?
Old 8/15/06 | 04:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

For some reason Gastonia comes to mind (but then again, maybe not). Try searching around some of the Marauder sites. I believe Mark was working on several performance upgrades for those cars.
Old 8/21/06 | 01:57 PM
Cobra Member

im also in the area

and would like to know more about shops around here.
Old 8/21/06 | 03:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by hamstang
pittperson, I forgot to welcome you to the area! Back in another, married, life, I lived near Cornelius, down Torrence Chapel Rd, I-77 Exit 28. A beautiful area for sure, but I would hate the commute to Charlotte everyday. I now live in southern Union Co, and I have an easy 40 minute commute to south Charlotte. Regards......
Thanks for the welcome. I'm getting ready to enter into another life on November 11th. I'm loving the area, much better than the DC area!