2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

zoom zoom

Search this Thread

Old 11/14/04, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a part response to zeros statement about boy wonder in his focus.I,ve had various encouters with import buddies in my car most of the time i don,t respond because it is on city streers with traffic around.T he best response is to mouth get real,i, ve got people i work with who are into that tuner scene honda, acura e.t.c. and they seem to think their viechles are soo much cooler than Mustangs or whatever make. News update opinions are like bums everyone has one! i am happy in the fact that the car i own not every 18 to 24 year old can go out and buy unlike a 5 to 10 year old Civic, Accord e.t.c. There are cars to be respected R-X8, 350 Z and so on but then i know it,s usually owned and being driven in a responsible fashion by someone more mature around town. Just because you put headers ,wing, yo yo rims on a civic doesn,t mean it makes it a sports car.I will only usually open up my car on a two lane or bigger highway with very light traffic did between 180 and 200kmh on the I-5 in southern oregan in my old 94 5 ltr gt while gingerly changing lanes because i thought i was being chased by a cop in a durango rt . He in fact pulled someone else over not me, would not try anything like that on this side of the border!
Old 11/14/04, 12:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

i agree...i think there are a lot of cars out there that are driven by people who love their car and respect it enough not to put themselves, their friends, others, and the vehicle at risk.

there is a time for racing, and i know it doesn't always happen at the track. but whoever does it, regardless of what car you own, be smart about it. i know sometimes i think...junior over there with the tripple decker spoiler and maxwell house muffler on the 97 civic really needs a beat down, but holding back in probably more of a victory. it's gotta eat them up inside to know you won't even waste your time, than to waste the time on showing them you can beat them like they never even left the line.

i'm sure there are some ricers out there who have put in several thousands of dollars to their engine and are legitimate competition for a mustang, but those are probably few and far between of the people i see driving around like they're living NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND. i'd hope someone who can afford to sink that kind of money in to a car would be a little smarter with it than the average tuner seems to be.

i can respect someone that drives a ricer, but it's the driver i will respect over the car.
Old 11/14/04, 12:32 PM
Bullitt Member

oh yeah 200 posts!!!!
Old 11/14/04, 12:36 PM
The Man... keeping you down.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is the best way to tick off imports at a light:

When they rev at you, rev up light your staging. Then when the light turns green, just sit there. I cannot tell you how many times that has resulted in them looking like idiots, and at least two tickets for "exhibition of speed". They are to busy thinking about you to notice the cops around.
Old 11/14/04, 12:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Sendero@November 14, 2004, 2:39 PM
This is the best way to tick off imports at a light:

When they rev at you, rev up light your staging. Then when the light turns green, just sit there. I cannot tell you how many times that has resulted in them looking like idiots, and at least two tickets for "exhibition of speed". They are to busy thinking about you to notice the cops around.
Exactly!
Old 11/14/04, 12:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

did between 180 and 200kmh on the I-5 in southern oregan in my old 94 5 ltr gt while gingerly changing lanes because i thought i was being chased by a cop in a durango rt . He in fact pulled someone else over not me, would not try anything like that on this side of the border!
LOL

Runnin from the Cadian 5-0 in a 5.0 so funny

I agree too, I usually just "growl" at them and let the sound vibrate their car. Anyone who's heard my car knows what I'm talking about.The only thing they can actually brag about is the weight of the car, but if I put a wing and rims on a soapbox it would be light look fast too. The people around where I live also have Supras and such (I don't mess with those, not because I'm scared of them but because I know my limit ...well utill my supercharger is installed) Also I'll have the occasional new owner of an Acura RSX or TSX try and test me...I admit they're kinda quick but not quick enough.

I can't deny though, some of those cars look kind of good, I also have a Probe GT and was thinking of putting a supercharger and nitrous to it maybe...MAYBE a suttle body kit, but not until I have the power to back it up and no stupid 12' exhaust... yes 12' not 12"
Old 11/14/04, 12:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

orthoguy, everytime I see your stang with the stripes I get butterflies...It's like looking at a beatiful girl and she's smiling back at you...THEN HER BOYFRIEND SHOWS UP (this would be you) Love the car though, good job.
Old 11/14/04, 01:06 PM

Just some information to pass along to twilightblue92 a durango rt has a 5.9 ltr or 360 if you want to call it that. This is the correct way to spell canadian and not everyone driving a Mustang out there is from North America i am from the other side of the pond.