2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

You want competition?

Search this Thread

Old 8/25/04, 09:01 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by adrenalin@August 25, 2004, 9:24 AM
Not sure who want to drive around with a dealer sticker on the back referring to their car as a "Gay Pontiac"
Gay Pontiac from Dickinson- LMAO.

GM is a big ole piece of garbage. I will never own another, always have had GM and never will again..

Also- My olds is the same car as a grand am and Malibu(GM N class cars)- all are pieces of crap, all its done for me is made my mechanic rich. the 3,4 liter SFI v6 engines are..........unprintable here.

I can NOT wait to rid myself of the GM disease and go Ford finally. Will January EVER get here?
Old 8/25/04, 09:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by USA-Adam@August 25, 2004, 8:57 AM
http://www.gmbuypower.com/app/linksin?dest...ssociate=116627

He's not making it up either. LMAO

When I bought my '95 Taurus SHO, I asked the dealer to not put a dealer badge on it but they did it anyway. I won't even shop that Ford dealer anymore.
I think you'd be hard pressed to go to a dealer that wouldn't do that. They want advertisement on their car man.
Oh they're out there. I've found dealers that won't put anything on the car if you request it. If they insist then I have to make a decision about buying it anyway or looking elsewhere. What I didn't like in the instance I mentioned was that they told me they wouldn't and did it anyway.
Old 8/25/04, 09:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@August 25, 2004, 9:04 AM

GM is a big ole piece of garbage. I will never own another, always have had GM and never will again..

Also- My olds is the same car as a grand am and Malibu(GM N class cars)- all are pieces of crap, all its done for me is made my mechanic rich. the 3,4 liter SFI v6 engines are..........unprintable here.

I can NOT wait to rid myself of the GM disease and go Ford finally. Will January EVER get here?
Gay Pontiac from Dickinson!?!

I gotta agree on GM. I owned a Buick once (the operative word there is "once"). It literally disintegrated. Parts were falling off of it left and right. That was a number of years ago and maybe GM quality has gotten better but I'm not willing to lay down any cash to find out. :nono:

EDIT: Woohoo!! GT Member!
Old 8/25/04, 09:25 AM

I used to live 2 minutes away from that place.
Old 8/25/04, 09:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Did anyone happen to see where they're located.
Old 8/25/04, 09:36 AM
Bullitt Member

never mind.....
Old 8/25/04, 10:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How are those badges attached? Are the stuck on, or do they put a hole in your trunk?
Old 8/25/04, 10:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

I 100% agree -- get rid of ALL dealer ads...

[a] Dealership sticker logo - if you don't take it off right away, it'll fade your paint behind it and then you can never take it off

[b] License frame - why would you keep their ad just because they're nice? It's your car and you should make it look good! This means NO advertising for free, unless the dealer pays you $10 a month. If you do not care about the style or look with the dealer frame, then go buy a Toyota Camry to be like everyone else.
Old 8/25/04, 10:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by friedmaster@August 25, 2004, 10:24 AM
How are those badges attached? Are the stuck on, or do they put a hole in your trunk?
i think it just sticks on. i also told the dealer no decals, badges, or any other hoobidy joobidy on my 05. if there is when i pick it up, they're going to take it off and fix any damage if it causes any.

as has been said, i'm not being paid to advertise for you.

:nono:
Old 8/25/04, 10:43 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by TomServo92+August 25, 2004, 8:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TomServo92 @ August 25, 2004, 8:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine@August 25, 2004, 9:04 AM

I gotta agree on GM. I owned a Buick once (the operative word there is "once"). It literally disintegrated. Parts were falling off of it left and right. That was a number of years ago and maybe GM quality has gotten better but I'm not willing to lay down any cash to find out. :nono:

EDIT: Woohoo!! GT Member! [/b][/quote]
i think it all depends on how you treat the car. my dad has had a 1989 chevy celebrity station wagon since 1989, and it is still running perfect. it has never had any major problems.
Old 8/25/04, 11:08 AM
Bullitt Member

There is good and bad for all brands of autos. Some claim they're GM runs forever with no problems and then there will be others who say there is nothing but problems with them. It will be like that for all brands.
Old 8/25/04, 11:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by thezeppelin8+August 25, 2004, 10:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thezeppelin8 @ August 25, 2004, 10:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TomServo92@August 25, 2004, 8:13 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine
@August 25, 2004, 9:04 AM

EDIT: Woohoo!! GT Member!
i think it all depends on how you treat the car. my dad has had a 1989 chevy celebrity station wagon since 1989, and it is still running perfect. it has never had any major problems. [/b][/quote]
Door trim popping loose or exhaust systems literally falling off the car in the driveway have nothing to do with how well you treat a car. I take very good care of my cars and the Buick (an '82 BTW) was the only one that had problems like that. Maybe I had a lemon.

I've owned Fords since then (with the exception of one Acura) and they've all been extremely reliable and well built. Maybe I've been lucky with the Fords but until the luck runs out, I'm sticking with them!
Old 8/25/04, 12:28 PM
FR500 Member

it may not look right but under the hood its not too shabby.........LS1 engine....350 horsies
Old 8/25/04, 12:47 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by USA-Adam@August 25, 2004, 8:57 AM
http://www.gmbuypower.com/app/linksin?dest...ssociate=116627

He's not making it up either. LMAO

When I bought my '95 Taurus SHO, I asked the dealer to not put a dealer badge on it but they did it anyway. I won't even shop that Ford dealer anymore.
I think you'd be hard pressed to go to a dealer that wouldn't do that. They want advertisement on their car man.
I told the Mazda dealer, where i bought my wife's tribute, that before the car is driven off of the lot the mazda advertisement had to be removed. They did it.
Old 8/25/04, 12:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I have seen dealers that drilled holes in the front bumpers of all their stock Mustangs just to put them gay plastic dealer tags on them. Imagine how annoying that is if you live in a state that doens't require front tags.
Old 8/25/04, 06:51 PM
Bullitt Member

3033 GULF FREEWAY, DICKINSON, TX 77539-3230

The city is Dickinson .. if you break that apart it is:

D*** in Son .. is this the city of homosexual incest?

[edit] My bad .. some other people already saw this .. lol [/edit]
Old 8/25/04, 07:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Some people actually like the dealer stickers. They are proud of the dealership they deal with and display the badge like a team logo. We have customers actually come in and ask us to put them on.
Of course, if someone doesn't want them we leave them off. Usually if they are left on by mistake, it is an $8 an hour clean up guy who forgets to take them off, not some great conspiracy to get free advertising.
Old 8/25/04, 07:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Guess whos back.... (me)

I don't know lately I can't help but root for GM for two reasons

1. I got about the same performance I would have with an 05' GT for about 20k less.

2. I got to tool around in somebody elses current gen V6 for a few days... Fit and finish were terrible, not to mention teh Camaro kills it on leg room and a couple other things performance not withstanding.

3. BOSE > Mach anything The little tweeters in the window corners... come on, those were stock on my uncles 5.slo

Wow... That was off topic too anywho. With the LS2 coming out and the rumored chevelle in a couple years it looks like the same old battle again. Camaros (Chevelle?) for power and mullet appeal, stangs for more creature comforts..
Old 8/25/04, 07:44 PM
Cobra Member

Yep, no dealer stickies on my car...unless they give me the GAG value for advertising...which driving one of the major roadways in the Chicagoland area four times a day, five days a week (thats a total of 10 hours a week of commute time) would cost 'em about $400 a month, but thats my rate

So, any dealer looking to get the word out in suburban Chicago about your dealership, please e-mail me B)
Old 8/25/04, 07:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by VillianousBlak@August 25, 2004, 7:34 PM
1. I got about the same performance I would have with an 05' GT for about 20k less.
If I understand you correctly, you got your Z28 for $6K? :scratch:

Quick Reply: You want competition?