Sponsored by:

Yet Another hurt pony

Search this Thread

Old 9/7/06, 12:26 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet Another hurt pony

You know me and my drama ,I have been all ****y all week because of a crack in my windshield. Turns out, that isn't a big deal afterall.

Brian(phoneguy) has been up north all week hiring people. He is on his way home now and will be home and crabby later today(YEAAAA, I missed him!), and called while I was at Speedsouth(the mustang toy store) checking on his new toys.

He was in Virginia and an 18 wheeler blew a tire ahead of him. The tire flew up and into his brand new grille. Took off the lower, and the original underneath, and left rubber spats all over, and dented up his radiator. THEN his grille went flying in the air and went into yet another cars front end. The stupid tractor trailer woudln't stop.

The Not even a week old Grille came from CDC, and being as he has NOTHING down there now, we had to get a new one. This is from UPR, and because of a stupid tractor trailer- $90 on top of the $225 he just spent last week!! I hope it matches up!

Here is his before: according to him, nothing where the lower grill is there anymore, but fortunately the very bottom didn't crack
Old 9/7/06, 04:44 PM

Wait, didn't he get the 18 wheeler's info? Their insurance will cover that...

And what do you mean he didn't stop? A blown tire on an 18 wheeler is not a small matter...
Old 9/7/06, 05:58 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by lmunz22
Wait, didn't he get the 18 wheeler's info? Their insurance will cover that...

And what do you mean he didn't stop? A blown tire on an 18 wheeler is not a small matter...
No He didn't get the info, and no the truck didn't stop to check. Stupid trucker. I guess he was more interested in getting home, I already ordered a replacement grill for it.
Old 9/7/06, 06:45 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

To go further, I haven't really driven my car this week, I have been too freaking busy. I knew it had a cracked windshield(dumptruck, no tags or ID, which is normal for this little corner of Hell I live in, so No I didn't get their info ).
Today I was up at my parents, My Dad was looking at my car(I was showing him where Brian's got hurt), When the stupid rock came across it skipped across the hood, leaving numerous rock chips and a dime sized dent. Can't freaking win. I got the rock chips covered with my touch up paint, but BOTH my freaking cars are imperfect right now.
Old 9/7/06, 08:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dang girl ,you had some bad luck this week! Hope the weekend gets better for you.
Old 9/7/06, 09:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by lmunz22
Maybe in your state! Here in Texas, the truckers intentionally keep right on driving even though they know the tire is self-destructing. I can't tell you how many times I've seen it going on. They most certainly know it is happening because it is LOUD. They drive until the tire comes completely off the rim, and then they keep right on driving. Those big chunks of tire can cause accidents and even deaths, but hey, who cares about that? No price is too high to make sure a trucker doesn't have to stop!!

By the way, don't EVER drive behind an 18-wheeler that's shredding a tire, and be very quick about passing one. In addition to throwing little and big pieces of tire, it throws off molten bits of tire rubber too. The stuff sticks to paint like nothing else, it is VERY difficult to remove. I learned this by passing one too slowly, never again!
Old 9/8/06, 04:58 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Well he's home.
The rubber thing holding the lower grill on is hanging, the ENTIRE lower grill is gone(billet AND original), the coil behind the grill is bent up too and there are huge rubber marks over the right side of it. Pics when the sun comes up. He said the car behnd him caught his grill when it flew off.

Down here truckers do not stop either. Nor do dumptrucks carry ID like tags or truck numbers. Jerks.

So here's the damage:
Ellie- cracked windshield, ding in hood from not same rock.
Ralph- Looks like he lost his front teeth and got punched in the jaw.
Old 9/8/06, 06:10 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Heres the sickening hurtness:

Old 9/8/06, 07:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Fking crappy, I would have gotten info for sure, then pulled in front of him and slowed to a stop. Or picked up the Cell and called state police while you followed him. No telling what damaged was caused so you better get the a hole's info or stop him.
Old 9/8/06, 08:34 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I guess cause he was more worried about getting home than dealing with a mess, Turns out it just looks ugly- but come Monday when the new grill comes in, it will be good as new.Nothing UPR and rubbing compound can't fix.
This happened to us once 11 years ago, we got all that info from the truck- NJ turnpike 2 hours out of NYC, took out our whole windshield- an Ice chunk flew off the top of the truck. Called the trucking company- they told us "prove it"

As for my car, I average about 2 windshields a year, no biggie, and even with the crack, I still got a "I love your car" tonight.
Old 9/12/06, 05:13 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Ahhh Good as new!!

Unfortunately, the new UPR Grill would not work without the stock grill which was also knocked off.Fortunately, my favorite Ford Dealer had one in stock.

The Tire Marks came off with Mean Green orange cleaner. Looks like it never happened now!

And I think he's better than new, also put on a New shift **** and billet door locks.
Old 9/12/06, 05:49 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Looking Good again:
Buffed out:

New grill:

New Inside stuff:
Old 9/13/06, 12:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
We just got back from Derby City Mustang Club's September in the Park car show this past weekend and for 10 miles was dodging tire debris. Finally came up on the culprit - 18 wheeler with inner right rear tire down to the rim - AND STILL DRIVING!!!! Didn't do any damage to either of our stangs but I called the guy in to the State Police. This BS with the truckers has got to stop! It is totally insane for anyone, especially a trucker to continue driving with a flat tire, continuing past exit after exit. I think all tires should be stamped or coded with a unique identifier, that when the tires are purchased, they are registered to a particular vehicle and owner. If tire debris is found out on the road that person gets a huge fine and heaven forbid anyone gets their vehicle damaged or themselves injured or killed. Can I say HUGE LAWSUIT!!

Glad to hear Ralph is ok now. Now get Ellie fixed - you don't Ralph to outshine her!
Old 9/13/06, 12:35 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

On the bright side, his car looks even better now. I guess if there was any good to it.

Plus my ford dealer sold us a lower grill cheap. Total $150.00 damage(for 2 new grills).

Eleanor however is still cracked, and The sad thing is I don't give a ****.
Old 9/13/06, 06:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by EleanorsMine

So here's the damage:
Ellie- cracked windshield, ding in hood from not same rock.
Ralph- Looks like he lost his front teeth and got punched in the jaw.
You could try paintless dent removal on your hood dings. I had a stupid tree limb fall on my hood and paintless dent repair fixed it just like new. It cost 100 bucks for all the dings in the hood.
Old 9/14/06, 05:19 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by 1200custom
You could try paintless dent removal on your hood dings. I had a stupid tree limb fall on my hood and paintless dent repair fixed it just like new. It cost 100 bucks for all the dings in the hood.
They are small enough that only I know they are there.

The windshield crack is holding its own- its a hairline, and I am going to wait until it gets bad.