2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Wow, big problems

Search this Thread

Old 12/21/04, 04:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Um, to those who said he has no grounds to sue:

Incorrect.

There are many avenues open to him, not the least of which is the fact that they pulled the engine when they probably didn't need to...thus demonstrating gross incompetency...thus damaging his car unnecessarily...ON TOP of the obvious runaround they gave him. And that's just one option he could pursue legally. Nowhere is it written that he has to base his lawsuit within the statutes governing warranty and replacement - get what I'm saying here?

The point is to put the fear of god into them. You hope not to have to sue at all; but an attorney will quickly lay out all your all your options so you know where you stand and what you can do...and a letter from an attorney more often than not gets these unscrupulous and disingenuous dealers OFF THEIR HINEYS.

Sadly, most people don't bother, they bend over and allow themselves to get prison raped, and many dealerships merely play those odds.

Get screwed by a bad dealership...get a lawyer and
Old 12/21/04, 05:03 PM
Bullitt Member

God, that is funny!
Old 12/21/04, 05:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I work in the health care field. The attitude of "I'm gonna sue if I don't get what I want" is what makes American Health Care so difficult to afford. The cost of providing your products or services is significantly increased because of the sue happy public. Even the cost of your car has a large percentage to cover liability. Firestone tires and Explorer ring a bell? Who do you think paid for that over time? Us by buying Ford vehicles and Firestone tires.

He might be able to sue, but, for what? What exactly is the harm? To have a lawsuit, you must have damages. In this case the damages are being covered (eventually) by warranty. Once those are covered, all he has is scratches in the engine bay - the dealer is responsible for those and likely will repaint it. I think I read that they were providing a rental, so he is covered for his lack of transportation. His only complaint now is "being robbed of the new car experience." How much value can you place on that? What percentage will the lawyer get?

I guess my point is, lawsuits are not always the answer and they are way overdone. A better approach is to openly complain about it on the internet and/or to the media. Bad publicity will get Ford's attention. They may replace it or do whatever makes the customer happy to keep him satisfied (and quiet).

Just my opinion.
Old 12/21/04, 05:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by crazyhorse@December 21, 2004, 6:32 PM
I work in the health care field. The attitude of "I'm gonna sue if I don't get what I want" is what makes American Health Care so difficult to afford. The cost of providing your products or services is significantly increased because of the sue happy public. Even the cost of your car has a large percentage to cover liability. Firestone tires and Explorer ring a bell? Who do you think paid for that over time? Us by buying Ford vehicles and Firestone tires.

He might be able to sue, but, for what? What exactly is the harm? To have a lawsuit, you must have damages. In this case the damages are being covered (eventually) by warranty. Once those are covered, all he has is scratches in the engine bay - the dealer is responsible for those and likely will repaint it. I think I read that they were providing a rental, so he is covered for his lack of transportation. His only complaint now is "being robbed of the new car experience." How much value can you place on that? What percentage will the lawyer get?

I guess my point is, lawsuits are not always the answer and they are way overdone. A better approach is to openly complain about it on the internet and/or to the media. Bad publicity will get Ford's attention. They may replace it or do whatever makes the customer happy to keep him satisfied (and quiet).

Just my opinion.
I respect what you're saying, but this isn't the health care industry. I think you missed the entire point of my argument.

The dealership wronged him because they don't give a sh*t - an all too common occurence with many dealerships. They demonstrated gross incompetency...damaged his car as a result of their OWN incompetency...and all the while gave him the runaround after he spent his hard earned money on a BRAND NEW CAR.

Beyond the fact that he was wronged, it's also VERY bad PR for Ford at a time when they desperately need a turnaround. This kind of buying experience rarely, if ever, happens when you buy a Lexus (those guys figured out the formula early on). With Ford it seems to be the norm. Pathetic, since good customer service costs no more than bad customer service.

Again, the objective here is not to sue, but to go to a trained professional and have him use his experience and clout to get the dealership to do the right thing, which may include a high level letter to the dealerhip which is also 'cc'd' to the upper echelons of Ford Corporate.

My issue here is that Ford needs to be aware of how their dealers are treating customers. This is a systemic problem and the company needs to get back to the core values of "the customer IS your business." :angry:

On the other hand, perhaps economic darwinism should apply here...people can vote with their wallets...and Ford can just go under if it doesn't get its act together re quality and dealerships.

Just as an aside: Ford did a big infomercial here in Canada a couple months back. I actually called the number on the screen because they were offering a leather daytimer with the Ford logo on it along with a big promo package on all their new vehicles - a nice PR kit. Anyway, I had a nice conversation with the woman for almost a half-hour and answered all her questions. She took my address, and promised me that the entire kit would be sent to me within ten days. TWO MONTHS LATER all I got in the mail was a lousy Mustang brochure (which I'd already picked up at the dealership anyway). So the offering was obviously a scam, or they couldn't be bothered sending me the kit after I went through the entire online questionaire.

Way to go, Ford: good customer service!
Old 12/21/04, 06:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

I got that part of the point. I agree. The situation stinks. I would be extremely P.O.d and would not quit until it was resolved.

My points are why sue? and he isn't "entitled" to a brand new car. I think he should get one, but, it is awfully optimistic to think it will happen.
Old 12/21/04, 07:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by crazyhorse@December 21, 2004, 8:02 PM
I got that part of the point. I agree. The situation stinks. I would be extremely P.O.d and would not quit until it was resolved.

My points are why sue? and he isn't "entitled" to a brand new car. I think he should get one, but, it is awfully optimistic to think it will happen.
No, he's certainly not entitled to a new car - though it IS within the dealer's purview to give him a new car to resolve the situation...which is what I think they should do given how badly they bungled it from the beginning...and given how new the car is.

The dealership is Ford's first line of customer service. There need to be standardized customer service rules enforced by Ford that are dealer-wide, so that rare problems like this one are handled without hassles to the customer. I would argue that Ford's success depends upon it now.

I also think it would be wise for Ford customer relations to hire some sort of an ombudsman (or staff) who only deal with extreme issues like this on a case by case basis, and do everything they can to quickly resolve it to both parties satisfaction.

In lieu of that, the lawyer is there to represent your best interests...ensure you're taken seriously by the dealership in situations like this...and to get things done. Suing is a last resort.
Old 12/21/04, 08:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Robert@December 21, 2004, 5:24 PM

Incorrect.

There are many avenues open to him, not the least of which is the fact that they pulled the engine when they probably didn't need to...thus demonstrating gross incompetency...thus damaging his car unnecessarily...ON TOP of the obvious runaround they gave him. And that's just one option he could pursue legally. Nowhere is it written that he has to base his lawsuit within the statutes governing warranty and replacement - get what I'm saying here?

The point is to put the fear of god into them. You hope not to have to sue at all; but an attorney will quickly lay out all your all your options so you know where you stand and what you can do...and a letter from an attorney more often than not gets these unscrupulous and disingenuous dealers OFF THEIR HINEYS.

Sadly, most people don't bother, they bend over and allow themselves to get prison raped, and many dealerships merely play those odds.

I don't know about "incorrect". Gross incompetency? Being a dealership, and doing that [working on engines]on a daily basis, that may, or maynot be hard to prove in a court of law, standing in front of a judge.

As far as a lawyer putting the fear of god into someone, sometimes that happens, but I doubt that Ford, or the dealership are worried about that. They also have their own lawyers. Ever see a high profile lawyer stand in front of a judge, and be proven wrong by a layman? I have. I was the layman.
Old 12/21/04, 08:31 PM
GT Member

This is a touchy issue since you have 2 of the most hated groups here.

LAWYERS vs CAR SALESMEN

I may have to side with lawyers on this one...
Old 12/21/04, 08:36 PM
GT Member

Old 12/21/04, 08:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hope the guy gets it straightened out! I would think that Ford will make it right!
They treated me with 100% satisfaction!
Old 12/21/04, 08:47 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by TampaBear67@December 21, 2004, 4:02 PM
Hey BadSnake, I guess you think you are Just Too Bad? Well Personal Attacks are not The Way to get your point across! You are the one with something to Learn Man! Oh and By the way, Have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!
Mad because I found you doing it again, so you make a lame duck attemp to turn it back on me. :nono:

You attack Ford for no reason with your absurd reasoning and comments. Then you do not like it when someone hands it back to you. That's too bad dude. Don't dish it out if you can't take it in return. Your the one useing the bold blue type, that is like a little child not getting his or her way. So you scream and stomp your feet in frustration. If you hate Ford that much go find a non Ford product forums to post your rants on.
Old 12/21/04, 09:18 PM
GT Member

Ok... Someone needs decaf.
Old 12/21/04, 11:33 PM
GT Member

I just read another post the guy just made on the stangnet forums... He just put that post on there and in 3 different locations to see how many views he can get... it is fake my friends
Old 12/21/04, 11:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Badsnke98+December 22, 2004, 3:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Badsnke98 @ December 22, 2004, 3:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TampaBear67@December 21, 2004, 4:02 PM
Hey BadSnake, I guess you think you are Just Too Bad? Well Personal Attacks are not The Way to get your point across! You are the one with something to Learn Man! Oh and By the way, Have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!
Mad because I found you doing it again, so you make a lame duck attemp to turn it back on me. :nono:

You attack Ford for no reason with your absurd reasoning and comments. Then you do not like it when someone hands it back to you. That's too bad dude. Don't dish it out if you can't take it in return. Your the one useing the bold blue type, that is like a little child not getting his or her way. So you scream and stomp your feet in frustration. If you hate Ford that much go find a non Ford product forums to post your rants on. [/b][/quote]
Dude I am using Bold Blue Lettering because that is what I choose to use on All of My Posts to differentiate my self from those who choose to not use color for their posts. If you bothered to check out any of my past posts on this site, which by the way nearly Double the Amount of Posts you have made, you would already know this.

If I was acting lie a child and SCREAMING! I'D USE ALL CAPS LIKE I"M DOING NOW! That is Screaming in the world of IM's and E-Mail. Using Bold Type and Color is just being Creative, something you obviously are not! So get your facts right Dude, before you run your mouth.

Oh and By the way, I don't hate Ford at all! I am a Die Hard Ford Fan, but I don't give a D*mn if it were Ford, Chevy, Honda, Toyota, or Chrysler I'd Be Contacting an Attorney to handle this kind of situation, just to cover all of my bases, and to find out where I stood, and what I am entitled to, and deal with this like an Adult!

Again, Have a Merry and Blessed Christmas, and a Happy New Year!
Old 12/22/04, 03:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by z71mudder199@December 22, 2004, 12:36 AM
I just read another post the guy just made on the stangnet forums... He just put that post on there and in 3 different locations to see how many views he can get... it is fake my friends
What makes you say that? If the whole thing is a fake, then it's a darn good one.

Where's your proof?
Old 12/22/04, 03:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by TampaBear67+December 22, 2004, 12:56 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TampaBear67 @ December 22, 2004, 12:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Badsnke98@December 22, 2004, 3:50 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-TampaBear67
@December 21, 2004, 4:02 PM

You attack Ford for no reason with your absurd reasoning and comments. Then you do not like it when someone hands it back to you. That's too bad dude. Don't dish it out if you can't take it in return. Your the one useing the bold blue type, that is like a little child not getting his or her way. So you scream and stomp your feet in frustration. If you hate Ford that much go find a non Ford product forums to post your rants on.
Dude I am using Bold Blue Lettering because that is what I choose to use on All of My Posts to differentiate my self from those who choose to not use color for their posts. If you bothered to check out any of my past posts on this site, which by the way nearly Double the Amount of Posts you have made, you would already know this.

If I was acting lie a child and SCREAMING! I'D USE ALL CAPS LIKE I"M DOING NOW! That is Screaming in the world of IM's and E-Mail. Using Bold Type and Color is just being Creative, something you obviously are not! So get your facts right Dude, before you run your mouth.

Oh and By the way, I don't hate Ford at all! I am a Die Hard Ford Fan, but I don't give a D*mn if it were Ford, Chevy, Honda, Toyota, or Chrysler I'd Be Contacting an Attorney to handle this kind of situation, just to cover all of my bases, and to find out where I stood, and what I am entitled to, and deal with this like an Adult!

Again, Have a Merry and Blessed Christmas, and a Happy New Year!
[/b][/quote]
:shock:

Okay, here's some big, bold, colorful letters for both of you:

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Jeeez...
Old 12/22/04, 03:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Merlot+December 21, 2004, 9:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Merlot @ December 21, 2004, 9:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Robert@December 21, 2004, 5:24 PM

Incorrect.

I don't know about "incorrect". Gross incompetency? Being a dealership, and doing that [working on engines]on a daily basis, that may, or maynot be hard to prove in a court of law, standing in front of a judge.

As far as a lawyer putting the fear of god into someone, sometimes that happens, but I doubt that Ford, or the dealership are worried about that. They also have their own lawyers. Ever see a high profile lawyer stand in front of a judge, and be proven wrong by a layman? I have. I was the layman. [/b][/quote]
Well. I guess my response to that would be as follows:

In my experience the legal route is a VERY effective tool in getting people to sit up and take you seriously. Dealerships don't ordinarily retain lawyers on staff, and are thus forced into the expenditure of getting one should you have an attorney draft them a persuasive, professional letter. Usually, they don't want the hassle nor the aggrevation. A smart lawyer will also include a sentence to the effect of: "You can ill-afford the negative publicity this could generate for both your dealership and Ford Motor Co." That means the dealership has to contact the higher-ups lest it unwittingly do something to harm Ford Corporate by taking matters into its own hands.

Moreover, Ford wants GOOD publicity on this car, not BAD. This guy's situation (if true) is a public relations nightmare. The likelihood is that Ford Corporate would want it to disappear quickly. A smart lawyer is a master strategist: he/she knows all the avenues and has access to all the pressure tricks. They'll also tell you straight off whether or not you have legal recourse.

In a situation like this, if the customer is not prepared to fight fire with fire, then he/she is liable to be the one who gets burned.
Old 12/22/04, 07:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by z71mudder199@December 22, 2004, 1:36 AM
If this really is fake, this guy should be beaten within an inch of his life.

I hate trolls.
Old 12/22/04, 07:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by crazyhorse+December 22, 2004, 8:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crazyhorse @ December 22, 2004, 8:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-z71mudder199@December 22, 2004, 1:36 AM
If this really is fake, this guy should be beaten within an inch of his life.

I hate trolls.
[/b][/quote]
C'mon you guys, get a grip. This guy is not a troll. He had a legitimate gripe with Ford. They eventually made it right....end of story.
Old 12/22/04, 08:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally posted by z71mudder199@December 22, 2004, 12:36 AM
Uhh...no it's not. He had pics of the engine out of the car. At any rate, he just posted that he's getting a new car. Ford stepped up and took care of him.

Quick Reply: Wow, big problems