2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Wow, big problems

Search this Thread

Old 12/20/04, 09:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't know if this is a repost or not .. but look at this Stangnet guy. Is this legit? Seriously?

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?...61&page=1&pp=25

Seems to horrible to be true. Sounds like a prank I would pull on a C6 Corvette forum B)
Old 12/20/04, 09:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally posted by USA-Adam@December 20, 2004, 10:24 PM
Don't know if this is a repost or not .. but look at this Stangnet guy. Is this legit? Seriously?

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?...61&page=1&pp=25

Seems to horrible to be true. Sounds like a prank I would pull on a C6 Corvette forum B)
It's legit but he just posted another thread that "Ford is doing the right thing" and he sounds pretty happy. I assume he's getting another GT. Here's the thread:

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=526716
Old 12/20/04, 09:54 PM
V6 Member

can they do that?i woulda sued them lol
Old 12/20/04, 10:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

I read somewhere on that site today, that the gentleman stated that Ford was sending him a new engine, didn't read he was getting another car?
Old 12/21/04, 01:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Kinda gives new meaning to the term, "Found On Road Dead."

Seriously, though, he's gone from detailing a story of VERY, VERY poor service and being f*** around by the dealership, to one where he now says everything is hunky dory?? Weird.

Personally, he has more patience than me. At the first sign of the f*** around, I would've been on the phone to my attorney, and he would have been in touch with the dealership, and they would have provided a brand new car or a law suit would have been brought against the dealership and Ford Corporate if either refused to deal with it PRONTO!! There would have been NO mucking around!

Too many of Ford's dealerships need an enema.

The import crowd live for this stuff - and American automakers keep giving them all the fodder they need.
Old 12/21/04, 06:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
12/9/04 (Thursday) – I received a courtesy call from Larry Hill Ford asking how I was enjoying my newly purchase vehicle, to which I responded that he should probably check with the service department on that matter.

I had that happen to me. I turned a car into a dealer for a warranty issue. I ended up selling the car back to them so I could get my parents T-Bird. A few days later I got a call asking if the repairs had been satisfactory to me. I told her to check with the used car deprtment where my car was.
Old 12/21/04, 06:54 AM
GT Member

I have read a lot of posts about how some people are "breaking in" their new 05 GT's. I wonder if that was really the case with him.
Old 12/21/04, 10:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Robert@December 21, 2004, 3:35 AM

Seriously, though, he's gone from detailing a story of VERY, VERY poor service and being f*** around by the dealership, to one where he now says everything is hunky dory?? Weird.

Personally, he has more patience than me. At the first sign of the f*** around, I would've been on the phone to my attorney, and he would have been in touch with the dealership, and they would have provided a brand new car or a law suit would have been brought against the dealership and Ford Corporate if either refused to deal with it PRONTO!! There would have been NO mucking around!

Too many of Ford's dealerships need an enema.

The import crowd live for this stuff - and American automakers keep giving them all the fodder they need.
Under what grounds could you sue them? They have not broken any laws or mistreated him. His car has a warranty, they are working out the details of the problem and fixing it. That is what the warranty is all about.

Granted, I would be upset as well if it were my car, but, I couldn't realistically expect a new car. They would have to fix the scratches and broken window mechanism.
Old 12/21/04, 10:53 AM
Cobra Member

Well... I think it all comes down to the competancy of the dealer techs.. If it failed a compression test in 2 cylinders, a leak down test should have been done before the heads were pulled. It's because they didn't do that first that they wound up in this perdicament. I'm sure Ford would have replaced the motor no questions had that all been done before the motor was pulled... but then again... is there a proceedure that is spelled out?
Anyways.... Ford made good with him, and that's all that matters.
Old 12/21/04, 11:32 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Robert@December 21, 2004, 2:35 AM

Or how about Fu ed Over Road Device.

Actually it stands for FIRST ON RACE DAY
Old 12/21/04, 11:35 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I would be talking to a Lawyer Right Now, if I was that guy, and kept getting the run around like he is! There are LAWS that deal with situations like this. Warantys are there to protect the consumer, but like this guy stated, He Bought a NEW CAR and has been robbed of that experience. Engine Removal and Damage done to the Engine Compartment from it can seriously affect the value of the vehicle. Not to mention if the Engine is Replaced, then it will not have Matching Numbers, which we all know can mean thousands of Dollars Difference in a Mustang, To a Collector, in the future.

Ford Can easily Buy Back his car, Fix the problems and then resell the car as a used vehicle to recoup their losses, and make their Obviosly Fathful and Brand Loyal Customer Happy. I would settle for nothing short of a Replacement Mustang Exactly Like the Car I Purchased.
Old 12/21/04, 12:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by crazyhorse@December 21, 2004, 11:41 AM
Granted, I would be upset as well if it were my car, but, I couldn't realistically expect a new car. They would have to fix the scratches and broken window mechanism.
I would expect a new car. I paid for a new car. I did not pay for a broken down, repaired, rebuilt car. If you are going to stick me with that, then I want money back.

Just like insurance. Insurance is supposed to pay you for the loss in value upon an accident/incident. Even if it is repaired, there is still a value lost.

But I am glad to hear he is getting what is rightful.
Old 12/21/04, 12:12 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by TampaBear67@December 21, 2004, 1:38 PM
I would be talking to a Lawyer Right Now, if I was that guy, and kept getting the run around like he is! There are LAWS that deal with situations like this. Warantys are there to protect the consumer, but like this guy stated, He Bought a NEW CAR and has been robbed of that experience. Engine Removal and Damage done to the Engine Compartment from it can seriously affect the value of the vehicle. Not to mention if the Engine is Replaced, then it will not have Matching Numbers, which we all know can mean thousands of Dollars Difference in a Mustang, To a Collector, in the future.

Ford Can easily Buy Back his car, Fix the problems and then resell the car as a used vehicle to recoup their losses, and make their Obviosly Fathful and Brand Loyal Customer Happy. I would settle for nothing short of a Replacement Mustang Exactly Like the Car I Purchased.
Another case of absurd ignorants on the part of some people from board to board and they learn not a thing. Just want to rant on. Get a grip on the real world, it is somewhat larger then your small mind. Yes you and few others here have a lot to learn. Your car would be sitting for a very long time with your attitude and you would not get a replacement in the end as you think.
Old 12/21/04, 12:31 PM

no problems with my V6
Old 12/21/04, 01:08 PM

Old 12/21/04, 01:10 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
EASY on the personal attacks guys, it will not be tolerated
Old 12/21/04, 01:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Kluski+December 21, 2004, 2:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kluski @ December 21, 2004, 2:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-crazyhorse@December 21, 2004, 11:41 AM
I would expect a new car. I paid for a new car. I did not pay for a broken down, repaired, rebuilt car. If you are going to stick me with that, then I want money back.

Just like insurance. Insurance is supposed to pay you for the loss in value upon an accident/incident. Even if it is repaired, there is still a value lost.

But I am glad to hear he is getting what is rightful. [/b][/quote]
Warranties read repair or replace at the manufacturers discretion.

Insurance gives you the amount of the repair minus deductible. If it is totaled, they give you the fair market value for the car. They don't care if it is cherry clean or beat to crap or has a new engine. The average value of the car is what you get.

Don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for the guy. I hope it never happens to me. But, reality is, he doesn't automatically get a new car for those reasons. Lemon laws don't apply to this either. Ford may choose to replace the car, if they want to to keep him happy. I hope they do.
Old 12/21/04, 01:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Badsnke98+December 21, 2004, 7:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Badsnke98 @ December 21, 2004, 7:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TampaBear67@December 21, 2004, 1:38 PM

Another case of absurd ignorants on the part of some people from board to board and they learn not a thing. Just want to rant on. Get a grip on the real world, it is somewhat larger then your small mind. Yes you and few others here have a lot to learn. Your car would be sitting for a very long time with your attitude and you would not get a replacement in the end as you think. [/b][/quote]
Hey BadSnake, I guess you think you are Just Too Bad? Well Personal Attacks are not The Way to get your point across! You are the one with something to Learn Man! Oh and By the way, Have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!
Old 12/21/04, 02:20 PM
GTR Member

Why did the motor puke? That is weird. The GT motors were never strong, but the new one was supposed to be better.

Correction- The 93 newer GT Motors were never strong.
Old 12/21/04, 02:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally posted by BEACHBOY@December 20, 2004, 11:05 PM
I read somewhere on that site today, that the gentleman stated that Ford was sending him a new engine, didn't read he was getting another car?
I don't think he said he was getting a new GT but he was wanting his car replaced and said Ford was doing the right thing. I made an assumption but I could be (and most problably am) wrong.

Quick Reply: Wow, big problems