2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Worried

Search this Thread

Old 1/4/05, 02:42 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been calling Ford for the past few days now on my order... and each customer service person has given me some weird info... Upon first calling with a Full VIN the customer service agent told me that my car was built on 12/9 and estimated arrival date was second week in January... My dealer told me the car would be coming in around mid January also... I have been calling Ford to see if it has been put on a carrier yet and I received some disturbing information... Seems my car has not been built yet and isnt expected to be built until January 24th... This worries me and I feel that ive been fed alot of BULL... The tension is killing me! :bang:
Old 1/4/05, 02:46 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Umm, maybe they put in the wrong VIN the third time, what was your build week suppose to be, what did you order?
Old 1/4/05, 02:47 PM
GT Member

No VIN number was right cause when she typed it in it brought up my file and where my car was ordered from... and the VIN was also double checked in the file...
Old 1/4/05, 02:51 PM
Bullitt Member

When did you order you car? I ordered on 11/18 and my build week is 1/24.
Old 1/4/05, 02:53 PM
GT Member

I ordered mine around the same time like a day before u... what priority are u?
Old 1/4/05, 02:53 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Did they give you a build week at any time?
Old 1/4/05, 02:58 PM
Bullitt Member

I have a priority of 10. Did you get the IUP as well? I'm thinking the first rep gave you bad info, as the second set of info you have seems to be about right. Although there are some exceptions.
Old 1/4/05, 02:58 PM
GT Member

They told me mine was built on december the 9th... now my status has ominously changed back to unbuilt and scheduled for the 24th...
Old 1/4/05, 03:01 PM
Bullitt Member

A bit of info as well, I was originally scheduled to be built on 1/10 but was pushed back to 1/24. I can only imagine that it originally wasn't calculating the 2 week plant closure.
Old 1/4/05, 03:47 PM
FR500 Member

and dont forget the DELPHI plant closure which started recently making a total of nearly a 4 week IUP delay
Old 1/4/05, 04:10 PM
GT Member

Its not the delays that bother me its the fact that 2 reps told me it was built and one told me its not... I think the last may have been wrong because she told me the ETA did not stand for Estimated Time of Arrival and was quite rude to me... plus ive got a full VIN so dont see why it hasnt been built... Dealer and customer service told me full VIN ment built...
Old 1/4/05, 04:45 PM
Cobra Member

The delays don't add up to a 4 week delay. There are 3 cases:

1) Ford closes then Delphi closes - Ford stops, so inventory builds at Delphi. Then Ford starts up as Delphi is shutting down. They burn off the extra enventory that Delphi built up and then Delphi starts back up and continues manufacturing. Remember, they didn't flush the line, just shut it down! Huge difference in impact.

2) Ford and Delphi close at the same time - No real issue. Like a VERY long weekend (yes, that is assuming they are not running 24/7!)

3) Ford shuts down AFTER Delphi shuts down - This one has the potential to cause some problems for Ford. They COULD run out of inventory from the time Delphi shuts down and when Ford shuts down if there is too big a gap here. I would HOPE that managers cordinated these shutdowns so this didn't happen. Either way, at some point, Delphi will be back up and running while Ford is shut down and build an inventory back up.
Old 1/4/05, 05:42 PM

Originally posted by z71mudder199@January 4, 2005, 3:45 PM
I have been calling Ford for the past few days now on my order... and each customer service person has given me some weird info... Upon first calling with a Full VIN the customer service agent told me that my car was built on 12/9 and estimated arrival date was second week in January... My dealer told me the car would be coming in around mid January also... I have been calling Ford to see if it has been put on a carrier yet and I received some disturbing information... Seems my car has not been built yet and isnt expected to be built until January 24th... This worries me and I feel that ive been fed alot of BULL... The tension is killing me! :bang:
We had the exact same thing happen. We ordered on 11/6. Was told by four or five different reps that the car was built the week of 12/6 and then found out right before Christmas that the car was not built and wasn't scheduled until the 24th of January.
Old 1/4/05, 05:47 PM
GT Member

WOW so im not alone!
Old 1/4/05, 05:55 PM
V6 Member

My guess is that the first info you were given was wrong. I ordered on 11/20, was given my full VIN on 11/24, and my initial build week was 12/20, then 01/03, and now 01/10. I suspect the build week moved back because of the plant closings for the holidays. Having a full VIN does not mean that your car is built, just that it's been entered into the system.

I can't see any way that a car ordered on 11/17 would have a build date of 12/09, regardless of the priority level. There's just too many people waiting for theirs to be built. The 01/24 date sounds pretty reasonable considering your order date. Then expect to wait a couple of weeks for it to be delivered to your dealer.

All that waiting time will be quickly forgotten the first time you sit down in your new ride and turn that key....

-RailRay
Old 1/4/05, 06:00 PM
Banned

Originally posted by z71mudder199@January 4, 2005, 5:56 PM
I ordered mine around the same time like a day before u... what priority are u?
Priority only matters in your dealership.

Now, order 11.18, build 1.24 is within 8-12 weeks. Less if you consider the plant shutdown.
Old 1/4/05, 06:37 PM
GTR Member

I would go down to that dealership and find out what the heck is going on
Old 1/4/05, 07:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by z71mudder199@January 4, 2005, 5:13 PM
Its not the delays that bother me its the fact that 2 reps told me it was built and one told me its not... I think the last may have been wrong because she told me the ETA did not stand for Estimated Time of Arrival and was quite rude to me... plus ive got a full VIN so dont see why it hasnt been built... Dealer and customer service told me full VIN ment built...
Ok I was told that ETA is when you car should leave the plant at the latest. Like my build week is 1/3 with an ETA of 1/10. So my car should be built & done & out the factory door by 1/10 & no later.

And no offense but your dealer & whoever you talked to at customer service about the VIN must both be idots with the IQ lower than a potato chip. Alot of people here, my self included, have our VIN's & a build week but NO built car. When they 1st started production there were tons of VINS here on this site but no cars were built to match those VINS.

Anyway. My question is who are you talking to at the dealership? Your dealer or the GM? Because if I were still talking to my dealer I would still be hearing "I haven't heard anything new but when I do I will call you & let you know." I ordered 9/23 & he has called me a grand total of 1 time. After about 2 weeks I started calling & talking to the General Manager. Then I was alternating between the GM & the finance manager who orders the cars for the dealership.

So I would be talking to someone higher up than whomever you are talking to at this point. BTW about the ones who tell you something & then they tell you something else. I called in mid December & the 1st guy told me my car was already built. Then the next day 3 other people told me that it was scheduled to be built the week of 1/3. So keep calling. Sooner or later you'll hear the same thing enough to know which is truth & which is fiction.

Anyway. Sorry for the long post. But let us know what you find out wither way. Cheersmates
Old 1/4/05, 10:45 PM
GT Member

We ordered the car streight from the owner of the dealership... we never actually talked to one of his dealers... the owner is a personal friend of the family and thats who i talk to every time i call or go up there... he knows a little about it i believe...
Old 1/4/05, 11:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Maybe he knows alittle but he's defiently behind the times. Like I said I have a full VIN & have had since the week before Christmas. Yet my car won't be built until tomorrow. So something in their info is outdated. I would still talk to someone else.

My family knows the owners of two different Ford dealerships & I don't talk to either of them. And I believe that even if I did they still wouldn't be as up to date as the Sales Manager who gets a email update from Ford every morning.

JMO & just what I would do. But like I said let us know how it all turns out. Cheers

Quick Reply: Worried