2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Woo hoo! Car is due Friday!

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/07, 11:04 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woo hoo! Car is due Friday!

After a looooong wait, my car is on it's way! Should be at the dealer Friday AM. As luck would have it the Shelby bumper cover I ordered from KC arrived yesterday. It's being sprayed right now and will be ready for Friday as well! So, I have a BUSY weekend ahead of me. I've got my pile o' parts all ready to go. It'll be a marathon but I'm pretty confident I'll have it done by Monday. Insta-mods to include...
  1. H&R Super Sports
  2. D-specs
  3. Steeda strut mounts
  4. Steeda bumpsteer kit
  5. Steeda camber plates (if I need 'em with the mounts)
  6. GT500 Brembos
  7. FRPP sway bars
  8. Shelby facia (yeah!)
  9. BBS RGRs
  10. Steeda CAI
  11. Predator tune
  12. FRPP X-pipe
  13. FRPP Stingers
  14. Hurst (I like notchy!)
  15. 4.10s (maybe next weekend...)
  16. BMR panhard bar
  17. Xenon conversion
  18. Sequential tails
  19. Dynamat (try to keep drone in check)
  20. Pioneer AVIC-N3
  21. Parrot Bluetooth hands-free kit
  22. Full Zaino treatment (minus new bumper cover)
I swear I'm forgetting a few things. I guess I'll keep going until the pile is gone! Anyone need any stock parts?

:b anana:
Old 4/25/07, 12:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Congrats! Will anything be stock?!
Old 4/25/07, 12:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 65205
Congrats! Will anything be stock?!
I'm going to keep the stock leather...for now.
Old 4/25/07, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Stock

Originally Posted by RobK
I'm going to keep the stock leather...for now.
That was a good one get some pic.
Old 4/25/07, 06:55 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats, Rob.

All done by Monday, huh? Good luck with that ambition.

I have yet to do my mirror covers, sequentials, exhaust tips, and CAI + tune. Too busy enjoying the car.

I am astounded by the continual comments I get on this vehicle. I don't know if it's the car, the color, or the overall presentation of the way I've set mine up, but people stare and/or remark on it quite frequently - and that's before they've even seen the custom interior.

Can't wait to see yours when all done; you're clearly dropping some serious coin. Lots of pics, please.
Old 4/25/07, 07:03 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Congrats, Rob.

All done by Monday, huh? Good luck with that ambition.

I have yet to do my mirror covers, sequentials, exhaust tips, and CAI + tune. Too busy enjoying the car.

I am astounded by the continual comments I get on this vehicle. I don't know if it's the car, the color, or the overall presentation of the way I've set mine up, but people stare and/or remark on it quite frequently - and that's before they've even seen the custom interior.

Can't wait to see yours when all done; you're clearly dropping some serious coin. Lots of pics, please.
Thanks! In the past I've had big aspirations and tons of intentions but somehow or another never got to the point of execution. Nine out of tens times I end up doing the work right before selling whatever it might be (house/car). This time around I've committed to myself I'm doing it the way I want it right out of the gate. I've also promised myself that it doesn't hit the road until it's all together! So, if all goes as planned, I'll be picking it up at the dealer in full plastic and taking it straight into the garage. It won't see daylight until it's done! The guys at work actually have a pool going that I'll be driving it to work before I finish it! I promise tons of pics from start to finish with everything in between.
Old 4/25/07, 07:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh, we have to get a pool started too here. I'll throw in $5 towards the pool. You can have all of the money if you get all of that stuff done by 6AM Monday.
Old 4/25/07, 08:25 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by azoufan
Oh, we have to get a pool started too here. I'll throw in $5 towards the pool. You can have all of the money if you get all of that stuff done by 6AM Monday.
I can do it! The ONLY wildcard is the brakes. I ordered spacers but haven't received them yet. I might skip the brakes if I don't get the spacers by Friday, but then again I likely will put them on while I've got everything apart while doing the springs, struts and sways. I suppose she can rest for a day or two after surgery until they get here.
Old 4/25/07, 08:44 PM
Bullitt Member

holy crap! you are doing more to your car before buying it than i ever will
Old 4/26/07, 09:42 PM
Cobra Member

It's here! I got the call this evening and went down to get it! IT'S IN THE GARAGE!!!

I found a couple things I didn't list above, the MRT hood struts and the GTAP manifold cover. I threw them since they weren't on the original list and won't affect my marathon install challenge. Tomorrow night GAME ON!

:b anana::ban ana:
Old 4/26/07, 09:52 PM
Bullitt Member

should be an interesting weekend for you!
Old 4/26/07, 10:19 PM
Closet American

Time starts now.
Old 4/26/07, 10:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Personally I would lay off the mods for at least 1000 miles or so to make sure all is well with warranty issues, let the motor break in with a factory tune. If you just throw everything on there, you will never be able to track progress of the car's performance enhancements or if something happens be able to narrow it down to what caused an issue. Throw brakes on it before even driving it and see what happens when you bring it in with an ABS light. Sounds like you have planed to erase all forms of the warranty. What are you going to do if there is an issue in the valvetrain or bottom end or tranny? I have 1200 miles on mine now and am not 100% sure all is well with the motor. I would make 100% sure that every single component is correct from the factory first.

Even if your car magically came in absolutely perfect, you would also go through withdrawls from having nothing to do to it for the rest of the year....
Old 4/26/07, 11:19 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by kevinb120
Personally I would lay off the mods for at least 1000 miles or so to make sure all is well with warranty issues, let the motor break in with a factory tune. If you just throw everything on there, you will never be able to track progress of the car's performance enhancements or if something happens be able to narrow it down to what caused an issue. Throw brakes on it before even driving it and see what happens when you bring it in with an ABS light. Sounds like you have planed to erase all forms of the warranty. What are you going to do if there is an issue in the valvetrain or bottom end or tranny? I have 1200 miles on mine now and am not 100% sure all is well with the motor. I would make 100% sure that every single component is correct from the factory first.
I have to agree with this; it's sound advice. Might as well have a warranty burning party (you know, like a mortgage burning party), since you're effectively going to render it null and void with this many mods so early on.

It's one of the reasons I decided to do things gradually, and to limit the most invasive alteration to a CAI + tune...and then, to wait for the engine to be further into its break-in period before even doing that.

Even if your car magically came in absolutely perfect...
"Magically," huh? Now there's a ringing endorsement...
Old 4/27/07, 11:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Heh, no car is perfect. At least these aren't like Acura's, cripes every one I sold had an issue.

I have some super duper guru master techs here and I want to put a few thousand on it and make sure everything is perfect before modding heavily. Not to mention I can't decide on ANYTHING for this car exterior-wise, I will have to hit a few shows/club meets to see some of this stuff in person first. I also want a couple drag days bone stock to get a baseline. I'm no hurry this time around...I'm also ordering stuff like take-off painted rockers so 5 years later I can just pull a new set out of the attic. I'm keeping a keen eye out for a set of take-off red leather.

As for all the mods, I REALLY want to see a definitive photo/writeup on upfitted HID's from stangmods. I went through 40 threads and found little if no pictures, videos, or information clearly depicting beam pattern or glare issues. One pic looked good up against factory BMW's, for the cut-off, but not much else(the cut top half and the overhang look likey they would be decent for glare). HINT HINT ROB!
Old 4/27/07, 03:12 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats Rob!
Old 4/27/07, 03:29 PM
Closet American

Heh, no car is perfect.
No, but some are more perfect than others.

At least these aren't like Acura's, cripes every one I sold had an issue.
It's funny that the only serious complaints I ever hear about Acuras seem to come from domestic boards.

Anyone who I know who has ever owned one, has been very satisfied with it.
Old 4/27/07, 05:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Cool dude, congrats!
Old 4/27/07, 08:22 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Congrats!!!!
Old 4/27/07, 08:50 PM
Cobra Member

Well, I dug into it a bit more tonight. I have the front suspension done 100% - struts, springs and bar. I did a test fit of the brakes with the spacers and I must say I'm kind of stuck with the wheel protusion. My wheels are sticking out A LOT with the 1" spacer. I'm talking at least 1" past the fender. The wheels I got already have a really nice offset doing a fine job of making it out to the edge of the fender. I'm stumped at this point because I really want the brakes, but I'm just not digging the look. I may have to gloss over this one for a while. I do love these wheels so I may just live with the stock brakes for the time being. As far as modding prior to shaking it out for warranty issues, I do tend to agree, but if you look at what I've listed I'm not really doing anything to the drivetrain. Just the intake and the exhaust. Everything else is cosmetic or wheel/tire/suspension related. There's nothing left of the stock suspension so no worries there! I will likely wait a thousand or so before I do the intake and the tune, but the exhaust goes on tomorrow! I also got the balance of the Shelby goodies from KC today AND the freshly painted bumper cover. That'll be going on tomorrow too! I'm thinking I'll have the rear suspension, exhaust and facia buttoned up tomorrow. I'll probably save the electronics for Sunday. I need to drive this puppy!

Quick Reply: Woo hoo! Car is due Friday!