Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wolf Mxbee’s Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12/31/17, 09:52 PM
V6 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wolf Mxbee’s Build Thread

I have created a list of a bunch of mods I want to achieve soon and I want to document all of them even if they are small or big, I’ll include parts, price (for example: (2) LED Bulbs - $0.24–This Price is for 1, not for the 2), and quality as well a before and after here, any how to's of how I achieved a certain tasked such as painting or modifying any components will be in a separate thread to clean up this Build Thread -
(12/16/17)
- (1) Rustoleum Acetone
  • Before
  • After

(12/23/17)
- Optima Red Top Battery

(12/31/17) So far I have ordered:
- (2) White Tire Lettering Marker - $0.57 AliExpress
- (1) Red Tire Lettering Marker - $0.60 AliExpress
- (2) Bedliner Aerosol Can - $6.47 Walmart
- (1) Silver Rustoleum Spray Paint - $3.86 Walmart
- (2) Rear Side Marker Red LED Bulbs - $0.30 AliExpress
​​​​​​- (1) License Plate White LED Bulb - $0.24 AliExpress
​​​​​​- (2) Reverse White LED Bulbs - $0.30 AliExpress
​​​​​​- (1) Trunk White LED Bulb - $0.22 AliExpress
- (2) Map Light White LED Bulbs - $0.24 AliExpress
- Single Din Bluetooth Radio - $19.76 Walmart
- Hoonigan Key Tag - $1.27 AliExpress
- Black Aluminum Valve Stem Caps - $0.46 AliExpress

Last edited by Wolf Mxbee; 1/6/18 at 10:44 PM.
Old 1/1/18, 12:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
I'm in for the show.
Old 1/1/18, 12:45 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by wanted33
I'm in for the show.
Thanks lol, I have been using AliExpress for about a year now and have bought a $200 navigation off of there for my old 2006 Passat as well as little things and have had good luck with the cheap price and quality surprisingly, of course—these are just cheap mods for the time being, but it will hopefully change just the small details make it look a bit different, plus hoping to help them guys with a DIY budget if they wanna go the same route
The following users liked this post:
wanted33 (1/1/18)
Old 1/2/18, 01:26 AM
V6 Member

(01/01/17) - Got bored today and didn't want to wait for silver spray paint to show up so went to Autozone, bought some Ford Silver and also had some primer laying around and ITS A PERFECT MATCH to the OEM.
- (1) Dupli-Color Color Match Ford Silver Metallic (1E) - $8.99 Autozone
- (1) Rust-oleum Self Etching Primer - $4.09 Walmart
  • Before - I Apologize, I Have Misplaced The Before of The Original Interior With The Vents Closed So Here's a Few Old and Current Pics

• After - Will Post Tomorrow Morning, Too Dark Today

Last edited by Wolf Mxbee; 1/6/18 at 10:50 PM.
Old 1/2/18, 01:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Very good tutorial on how to remove the vents Wolf. And, they do look much better.
Old 1/2/18, 02:24 PM
V6 Member

Very good tutorial on how to remove the vents Wolf. And, they do look much better.
I felt like it’s pretty straight forward on how to remove them but I always watch YouTube videos and people say that they don’t show how to, so I figured I guess I might as well
Old 1/3/18, 10:32 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Wolf Mxbee
I felt like it’s pretty straight forward on how to remove them but I always watch YouTube videos and people say that they don’t show how to, so I figured I guess I might as well
You tube video's has helped me many times.
Old 1/6/18, 07:48 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
I'm in for the show.
Me too

Great start to a re-builder thread!
Old 1/6/18, 10:28 PM
V6 Member

(01/02/18) - My aftermarket radio came in and got it installed with a Before and a After, I bought the Double Din Bezel and Wiring kit for a Android 7" Touch screen that I will be getting soon hopefully so only bought this Single Din just for Bluetooth to listen to music off of my phone.
- XO Vision XD107BT Aftermarket Single Din - $19.76 Walmart
  • Before
  • After - Don't Worry Guys, Have a Full Nice Looking Double Din Touchscreen Coming Soon

Last edited by Wolf Mxbee; 1/6/18 at 10:37 PM.
Old 1/6/18, 10:36 PM
V6 Member

(01/06/18) - My new EGR Valve from Advanced Auto Parts came in and couldn't be more pleased. My car now idles way better and is more responsive as well as have found some lost torque and horsepower. I also sold my antenna and its base today as I am going to shave it and run a hidden antenna and for now will look around for a rubber grommet and plug up the hole in case anyone else wants to follow the same path temporarily.
- BWD EGR Recirculation Valve - $78.40 Advanced Auto Parts (w/30% Off Coupon Off Anything Valid Right Now as of 01/06/18)
  • Before
  • After

Old 1/6/18, 11:00 PM
V6 Member

Maybe in about a week or so I may stop by a grocery store such as Albertsons or SuperA to get some dry ice (My Drift Build Knowledge) to freeze all of the seam filler and dried up silicone in the trunk to make it easy to remove it without dealing with residue, and then go at it with Bedliner, and will also be placing an order for new inner wheel well liners for every single wheel as because my driver side front doesn't have any at the moment and the passenger front has wood screws holding it to the bumper and will spray these in Bedliner as well to make them hold up better and be easy to clean, plus will look way nicer. Also debating on removing the rear interior trim panel that covers the tail lights and surrounds the decklid latch as well as the plastic trim panel on the inner decklid itself that covers the locking mechanism and interior trunk lighting and painting those either wrinkle black or in Bedliner as I plan on using my trunk and don't like out the bare plastic is easy to blemish or discolor from a simple rub against another material or heavy/light item. Last suggestion that I would like some input on, my car is Windveil blue, I always love the color scheme of Light Blue and some small white along with a nice flaky dark greyish pearl. I have some ideas like maybe painting the windshield cowls a nice dark grey metallic with some flakes in it and maybe painting my interior one day along with a roll cage that same grey color with some white accents on the doors and other areas.
Old 1/15/18, 10:25 PM
V6 Member

Talking Prepare to be amazed at what a 05'+ Mustang can accomplish

A LOT has happened in the past week, I have some laughs to share and please no B******t or rude answers or comments, thanks
(01/11/18) -
Got a amazing deal on a GT complete deck lid trunk with spoiler, badge, 3rd brake light, etc. for $20 so picked it up and have applied acetone to the badge and am going to be painting it, just need some adhesion promoter for the paint because have painted twice and comes off easily, but am very happy about this buy.

(01/12/18) - I sold my antenna about a week or two ago and am going to be running a hidden antenna amplifier later down the road because I don't use the radio, just Bluetooth and so what I have left from the antenna is 4 Holes in my fenders... so I bought some metal plugs and will get around to installing them soon and show my results in case anyone wants to do this temporarily.

(01/12/18) - I decided to purchase a new Coil since I knew I should've replaced it when I did the spark plugs and spark plug wires, as well as ended up purchasing a new fuel pressure sensor because my car was misfiring and puffing white smoke Friday night and so I got it checked out at Autozone and got these codes - P0305, P0108, P0171, P0174, P0182, P0193, P0300, P0193 So hopefully these will help the problem because they are all connected and related to eachother as a fuel and spark problem.

(01/15/18) - So saved the best for last and am very happy! I ended up scoring a huge deal on a 07' 4.6L engine complete, its brand new with only a few thousand miles on it I believe, is a year or two old and was redone by Ford to fix a issue that was internally but after a few hundred miles or so, the timing guides snapped and shot around inside the timing belt cover and broke through the passenger valve cover and am finding some pieces in the oil pick up tube but already in the process of bagging and tagging and disassembling, going to rebuild it and swap it sometime by the summer is my goal! Now don't ask how I got it home as I have no truck lmao all the way from La Puenta to the Long Beach area, on the bright side I got free temporary lowering springs in the back may not look like much but my stock height is 2-3 Inches higher in the rear, also the engine is complete top to bottom excluding intake manifold and throttle body

Old 1/16/18, 09:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Holy s**t you actually fit a 4.6 in the trunk!!! I'd have called you a liar of you hadn't attached pix!!! Wow!!!!
Old 1/18/18, 12:25 AM
V6 Member

Lmao 😂 now what would I be if I didn’t include a picture, all I have to say is that you get a bunch of looks driving down the street, pulled over at a gas station and a lady just kept staring at me like what the f*** But it was worth it, need to buy a hoist and a engine stand, when I got home with the engine I was kinda screwed because it was getting dark and I had no way of getting the engine out so I paid a guy on offerup to come right away and I paid him $40, worth it rather then trying to pull it out and carry it with a ton of people, and in my offense I was going to buy a hoist from harbor freight but they sold the last one so was out of luck anyways, also the engine, the price was unbeatable, so far the damage is only $130!! Now all I need is a tranny, harness, ecm, pcm, and rear end as well as little pieces but found a harness complete real cheap so my goal is to make the cheapest 4.6L swap but make it as good as it came out of the factory again
Old 1/18/18, 09:03 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Wolf

Are you located anywhere near northern Indiana? If so I might have some spare parts for you.

opps I see your calfi plates now.

Last edited by dly; 1/18/18 at 09:08 AM.
Old 1/27/18, 09:29 PM
V6 Member

I have gotten a bunch of progress done and this week has been interesting and here's all I have done recently
(01/16/18) - Installed some of the LED's I ordered at the beginning of this Build Thread, a few came. Below I will post the License Plate Upgrade then the Interior, the original license plate light was burnt out and I wasn't aware so it worked out perfectly so have no comparison.
- (3) 194 White LED's - $0.72 AliExpress

Here's The Interior Upgrades:
  • Before
  • Comparison
  • After

(01/16/18) - Was expecting a package from a Company but was lost at delivery so had to go to AutoZone and picked up a Duralast Ignition Coil and a Bosch Fuel Sensor
- (1) Ignition Coil - 73.99
- (1) Bosch Fuel Sensor - $74.93

(01/25/18) - I have been looking for a while and came across this on OfferUp and decided to pull the trigger as they sell for $100+ so saved money in the long run
- Ford GT 4.6L Throttle Body - $35.00 OfferUp

(01/26/18) - I found an amazing deal and decided to snag them up, I ended up getting a good set of some 18" wheels with tires, i fitted them up but need coilovers, and some spacers to make them work as well as some new tires as the current tires have such a small sidewall but I plan on getting some new ones soon and also plan on painting them gloss white soon!!
- (4) Black 18" Set of Wheels -$60.00 OfferUp
  • Before

• After - I Ended Up Washing Them Because They Sat Outside For a While, Ignore The White On One of The Wheels, That Scratches Right Off

(01/27/18) - I have started painting the Trunk Tail Light Panel a week or two ago but wanted to apply another two coats so it is done for now and is drying, I decided to use the Bedliner on this interior trim piece as well as the cover for the trunk light instead of painting my trunk floor, so I have decided that I am going to be painting my entire trunk and interior floor as the trunk is going to be gutted but the interior will not be but in case i decide to in the future

(01/27/18) - I ordered a SR Performance Cold Air Intake from American Muscle on sale and installed it, I will post pics soon but am looking to sell it because the GT engine rebuild is going to be coming up fast and decided I don't want to put any mods or money performance wise into the V6
- SR Performance Cold Air Intake - $102.89 American Muscle

(01/27/18) - I went to AutoZone to buy some O2 Sensors and they had them in stock, I used 3 of my $20 Off and only paid $24.59 out of the $84.59, I'll get pics soon
- (2) Bosch O2 Sensors - $84.59 (For Both)
Old 5/28/18, 04:35 PM
V6 Member

MAJOR UPDATE : I will go into depth and have this post completed by the end of the day but you guys will not believe how good I scored, updates on aesthetics and on the 4.6L Swap! Stay Tuned