2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield leak

Search this Thread

Old 7/10/17, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windshield leak

I placed some papers on my dash the other day(they slid quite a ways into the gap between the glass and dash) and when I removed them, they were soaked!

Is this typical? Or is it more likely a result of a bad/missed repair from a (known) accident of the previous owner?
Old 7/10/17, 03:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
There is a problem of the drains by the cabin air filter getting clogged with debris and not draining. Look inside the passenger kick panel also to make sure your SJB is dry. Water will gather and then spill over inside the car. Has your passenger foot well carpeting ever been mysteriously wet?
Old 7/10/17, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver side. No wet floor on p/s to my knowledge. Never checked though. Would this negate your response? Thanks.
Old 7/13/17, 07:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Lime Puddin
Driver side. No wet floor on p/s to my knowledge. Never checked though. Would this negate your response? Thanks.

Maybe, as it occurs on the passenger side. But it still could be entering there and running along the dash somewhere and coming out on the driver's side. You know how water leaks go. Or you could be leaking somewhere else. It's an easy check though.
Old 7/13/17, 10:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
I wouldn't think this to be a typical situation.
Maybe a glass shop would help you out. I had my wind shield replaced using my glass coverage from insurance company.
I would hope its not corrosion of some sort. Maybe its just a leak in the seal.