2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will not sell me under x-plan?

Search this Thread

Old 9/24/04, 01:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This day keeps getting worse. I have been harrassing my salesman for any information on my order from June constantly with no info coming from him. Finally today I said I need information today about my order. He called me back and said not only is there no build date or any other info but also he NOW tells me that they will not be selling the Mustangs under the x-plan until the winter at the earliest!!! He said he would cancel my order if I want and send me my deposit back. What should I do??? :bang: :bang: :bang:

P.S.

He said there were other employees there at the dealership trying to buy cars under the different plans too and they can't even get one so there would be no way for me to.
Old 9/24/04, 01:32 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OMG! That stinks. Well it is up to you. Cancel the order and save $2,000.00 bucks or just get it without the X-Plan. Personally, if my dealer tells me they will no longer give me the X-Plan I will cancel and reorder it later.
Old 9/24/04, 01:40 PM
GT Member

I agree. I would also cancel my order. I have been waiting for this car for a long time. I might even buy my alternate car, a RX8. and drive it up to the dealership and show them.
Old 9/24/04, 01:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Is it even true that some dealers can honor the plan and others not?
Old 9/24/04, 01:48 PM
Cobra Member

Are you talking about if dealers will honor prices UNDER X-plan? Isn't X-plan pricing good enough? :scratch:
Old 9/24/04, 01:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

No...I ment don't all dealers have to honor the x-plan pricing itself. Sorry about the confusion.
Old 9/24/04, 01:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

They do not have to honor the plan, but supposedly they are encouraged to. I'd cancel my order and go elsewhere. You don't have any info yet anyways, so are you really starting over, or starting from the same point? Screw that dealer, go elsewhere and, after you receive your new stang, drop by and pay them a visit. Let them know how happy you are with the other dealership. I had to do that on the first mustang I bought back in 92.

Jason
Old 9/24/04, 02:03 PM
Bullitt Member

The dealer doesn't have to honor the z,x,or a plans. I have my order in with the Z plan and was gave my pin # in may so far no problems and I have my vin #
Old 9/24/04, 02:06 PM
Cobra Member

Yeah, it's ok, I was the confused one... I just misinterpreted the word "under" in your post. You meant it to be a synonym of "with," and I thought you meant "below."
Old 9/24/04, 02:06 PM

Nope. It is up to each dealership as to what plans, if any, they will sell at.

Paul
Old 9/24/04, 02:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

I would guess that is why you don't have a vin or build date, probably just putting others in front of you. Just find another dealer. There are plenty of reasonible dealers around, some tougher to find than others, but make a few calls.

Heck, if you don't mind a trip down to rochester, I'll honor the x-plan for you.

Paul
Old 9/24/04, 02:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Haha...I'll call around to see if any of the local dealers will honor the plan. If not maybe I would be up for a nice 2 hour drive up north to Rochester :drive:
Old 9/24/04, 03:07 PM
Bullitt Member

no X plan, no sale! Oh and let them know that the dealer you're going to
is honoring X plan on your wifes new explorer too! (even if you're not married) :angry:
Old 9/24/04, 03:08 PM
Bullitt Member

You need to call back and talk to the dealership owner or head manager. That salesman is full of crap. If you ordered the car and he knew it was an xplan order then yes they do have to give you the xplan pricing. When I bought my 00gt the salesman tried to pull that crap with me so I had a chat with the owner of the dealership and well wouldnt you know the salesman changed his tune after about a 5 minute chat from the owner. The other guys are correct in the fact that the dealers dont have to sell the car on any kinda pricing plan if they choose not to but if you special order the car and they are aware that your purchasing on a plan pricing then yes they do have to sell the car on it. Good luck man. If all else fails wait 6 months and buy the car when demand is lower.
Old 9/24/04, 03:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Old 9/24/04, 03:18 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very simple,

Cancel your order and find a dealership that does honor Xplan, they are around.
Old 9/24/04, 03:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Andy Haynes@September 24, 2004, 3:11 PM
You need to call back and talk to the dealership owner or head manager. That salesman is full of crap. If you ordered the car and he knew it was an xplan order then yes they do have to give you the xplan pricing. When I bought my 00gt the salesman tried to pull that crap with me so I had a chat with the owner of the dealership and well wouldnt you know the salesman changed his tune after about a 5 minute chat from the owner. The other guys are correct in the fact that the dealers dont have to sell the car on any kinda pricing plan if they choose not to but if you special order the car and they are aware that your purchasing on a plan pricing then yes they do have to sell the car on it. Good luck man. If all else fails wait 6 months and buy the car when demand is lower.
Why would you want to even try to do business there. Once they've tried that, the only way to "punish" them is go elsewhere. If the do agree to give you x-plan, how far down the list do you think they'll push your order? If they start their relationship with you like this, you've got to imagine it won't get any better.

Find a better dealer.

Paul
Old 9/24/04, 04:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

The exact same thing happened to me last week, so I canceled my order. I am now searching for another dealer who is not a greedy arsk. I have already found a dealer who said they would sell me the only allocation that they got at the x-plan price. The car should be delivered any day now and has most of the options I wanted.