2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

WILL 05 ORDERS....

Search this Thread

Old 5/17/05, 07:53 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
title says it all...i have been out of the country for 2 weeks, i am hoping i have a "positive" fax awaiting me at work with a build date....anyone know however if left over 05's get priority in 06'
Old 5/17/05, 07:55 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Draftin'@May 17, 2005, 7:56 PM
title says it all...i have been out of the country for 2 weeks, i am hoping i have a "positive" fax awaiting me at work with a build date....anyone know however if left over 05's get priority in 06'
That completely depends on your dealer. Ford has stated that unscheduled 05 orders will not be automatically carried over to 06 and that it is the responsibility of the ordering dealer.
Old 5/17/05, 08:02 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by ISELLFORD@May 17, 2005, 7:58 PM
That completely depends on your dealer. Ford has stated that unscheduled 05 orders will not be automatically carried over to 06 and that it is the responsibility of the ordering dealer.

well that just does not give me an f'in warm and fuzzy feeling...great, now i have to make my intentions known (yet again) to find out where i stand not only for this years order but the "what if" scenario into an 06'------son of a..........
Old 5/18/05, 04:14 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Draftin'@May 17, 2005, 8:05 PM
well that just does not give me an f'in warm and fuzzy feeling...great, now i have to make my intentions known (yet again) to find out where i stand not only for this years order but the "what if" scenario into an 06'------son of a..........

spoke with the sales manager today, if my 05' gets no build date then they are going to pull ahead all 05' orders in front of new 06's, at least they are doing something right------------
Old 5/18/05, 04:31 PM
Bullitt Member

I can tell you it's up to the dealer. My 05 is not getting built and I already re ordered as a 06MY. Although my dealer can't put the order through until June 1st (have heard that from a few people here). I asked him if they could put me in as a priority 2 since i'm getting corn holed on the 05 - but they can't do it.

Quote from Sales Manager: Ford does not like putting this car through as a x-plan to start with, It will be priority 10.

(They put all orders in as a 10) but they did tell me that I would be their 1st 06 order in their system, and there will be no problem getting it built.
Old 5/18/05, 04:32 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Draftin'@May 18, 2005, 4:17 PM
spoke with the sales manager today, if my 05' gets no build date then they are going to pull ahead all 05' orders in front of new 06's, at least they are doing something right------------
and that is how it should be.

Ask them how many '05's they were allocated for build-out and what your chances are.
Old 5/18/05, 04:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by KBONSIG@May 18, 2005, 4:34 PM
I asked him if they could put me in as a priority 2 since i'm getting corn holed on the 05 - but they can't do it.
According to my dealership priorities of 5 and lower are assigned only by the factory generally in the case of damaged vehicles and what not.

And as far as Ford not liking the X-Plan... Well if t hey don't want the orders they shouldn't offer the discounts. I have to imagine a sale is sale to ford regardless of "plans" they'll make a profit in every case.
Old 5/18/05, 06:59 PM
GT Member

Just got off the phone with my dealer after having the conversation about canceling my '05 order to put one in for an '06. For me, the color change made enough of a difference that the extra wait for an '06 won't be too terrible (assuming I get the car towards the end of this year).

Good luck to anyone still waiting for an '05, I'm giving up my place line.
Old 5/19/05, 05:39 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Stadifer@May 18, 2005, 4:45 PM
According to my dealership priorities of 5 and lower are assigned only by the factory generally in the case of damaged vehicles and what not.

And as far as Ford not liking the X-Plan... Well if t hey don't want the orders they shouldn't offer the discounts. I have to imagine a sale is sale to ford regardless of "plans" they'll make a profit in every case.
Ford does not care if a unit is ordered X-plan or not. I have several of my fleet customers who have x-plan for their employees and Ford pushes the x-plan to them.

As for priority codes, the lowest a dealer can assign is 10. The way we do it is the 1st retail order for a particular model gets an 11, the next order 12, etc. That way other than commodity issues, the oldest order gets the lowest priority code. It does not matter what that number is as long as it's the lowest. If I start my numbering at 20, and 20 is the lowest, it makes no difference, that order will still pull 1st ; again depending on commodities.