2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Why Order a StangGT(Got to be Nuts}

Search this Thread

Old 11/5/05, 12:06 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well many people that have ordered 2005 Stang Gts last Oct and Nov did not see their Stang Gts when the Summer of 2006 rolled around.
Most were angry and annoyed thinking that they were all going to be driving a New 2005 Stang Gt in the summer of 2005 ,But they never got their Gts.
Well I guess ford did not make many GTs because I know most of the States did not get many Gts at all and some didnot even get one Gt.
So Most of the people that had ordered a 2005 GT had to REORDER their cars as a 2006 Stang Gt.
Well I didnot want a 2005 GT because I knew in June that a few months away in Aug that the 2006 Gts will be rolling out and making more Gts and would have no problem with getting one.
Well I had a Order In at a pretty big dealership and I had a deal at getting a GT at X-Plan and my Priority# was 10....So you would think after 5 month that I should be getting my GT sometime soon?WRONG I still call fords 800# up and I am Still C/U and I am sure many of you are in the same boat?I am glad I went from dealer to dealer and got a GT at INVOICE because I would still be waiting......
Now The people that are putting in orders for a 2006 Stang GT in Nov 2005 I feel 90% of you will never see the car and when June rolls around you will have to REORDER your car as a 2007 Mustang GT and then you might Still not see the car till sometime in 2007 if you are lucky.....
Allocations sucks in the Northeast for Stang Gts and most of that other states Except Florida,Texas Calif and a few other southern states.So I am sure in June most of you will be Crying on this website about not getting your Gts.
The Smart ones will shop the net or call a few dealers in Florida or even shop Ebay,those are the smart ones and for the other ones i have no pitty for you because ford are not making Many more GTs as they did last year.
Can't wait till June and see everyone complaning.......JohnnyT
Old 11/5/05, 12:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When did you order your car, and how long did the dealer tell you it would take for the car to arrive? How many dealers did you call before placing the order, and what was the ETA given for the car?
I started shopping around in August/September of 04, and in October I decided to order since everyone wanted $5000 over MSRP and since I has X-Plan the only way to get the car at the lower price was by ordering.
I had been talking to two dealers close to home, and on the day I decided to order one dealer told me 'Ford is so backed up on Mustang GTs you're not going to see the car for a year"
I then called the other dealer and he told me 'order today and the car will be here in six weeks'.
Order placed, DORA showed Priority-20. Order date 10/20/04, drove my ORDERED car home 12/28/04.

I'm sorry that you couldn't get your ordered car, but I'm happy you were able to find one at invoice.
From what I've been seeing here in CA you're lucky to find one at MSRP...most dealers are still marking the Mustang GTs up between $2500 and $5000 over MSRP.

As for finding a Mustang GT on the lot while waiting for mine to arrive...I found one similer to the one I ordered (Sonic Blue)....marked up $5000.
The car didn't have IUP or side airbags (something I wanted), it was stick (I wanted automatic, but I could have lived with the stick), but why spend $34000 for a car when I could wait for mine and pay $29000 included tax and license that had everything I wanted on the car?
Old 11/5/05, 06:23 PM
Cobra Member

It all depends on the region and zone where you are ordering. I just delivered my 12th '06 GT today to TMS members and it was ordered in mid September. There will be a slow down over the holidays due to the XMAS shut down for two weeks but with the increased production of GT's [our region is up over 40% now] if you shop around for a dealer who will give you an honest answer, you should be ablwe to get a car in 3 months from time of order.
Old 11/5/05, 08:21 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Mike McRann@November 5, 2005, 1:53 PM
When did you order your car, and how long did the dealer tell you it would take for the car to arrive? How many dealers did you call before placing the order, and what was the ETA given for the car?
I started shopping around in August/September of 04, and in October I decided to order since everyone wanted $5000 over MSRP and since I has X-Plan the only way to get the car at the lower price was by ordering.
I had been talking to two dealers close to home, and on the day I decided to order one dealer told me 'Ford is so backed up on Mustang GTs you're not going to see the car for a year"
I then called the other dealer and he told me 'order today and the car will be here in six weeks'.
Order placed, DORA showed Priority-20. Order date 10/20/04, drove my ORDERED car home 12/28/04.

I'm sorry that you couldn't get your ordered car, but I'm happy you were able to find one at invoice.
From what I've been seeing here in CA you're lucky to find one at MSRP...most dealers are still marking the Mustang GTs up between $2500 and $5000 over MSRP.

As for finding a Mustang GT on the lot while waiting for mine to arrive...I found one similer to the one I ordered (Sonic Blue)....marked up $5000.
The car didn't have IUP or side airbags (something I wanted), it was stick (I wanted automatic, but I could have lived with the stick), but why spend $34000 for a car when I could wait for mine and pay $29000 included tax and license that had everything I wanted on the car?

I am gald you got a deal on your Stang Gt,and yes there are many Gts in Calif Florida and even Texas.But like yeaaa say most are at sticker or above...
I put my order in for a 2006 Gt in June but if I waited I would still be at C/U as of today.....Yes I am very happy at getting the car at Invoice even though I wanted
Black but got Satin Siver instead
Manual but got Auto instead
Shacker 500 but got Shacker1000 instead.....
Glad I got the car and I do like silver and happy with the automatic and shacker1000 is ok too.
But at invoice price you cannot go wrong.....I have had 3 manual stangsGts 1995 ,2000,2003,Guess its time for a change lol.
But I feel there are a few dealers online that can give yea a deal on a GT or even I have seen GTs at Sticker,I feel why order something that most will not see....Yes the Dealer will say he has Allocations if you beleave him
and yes Most will say you will have a GT in 6-8 weeks if you also beleave them......
I feel there will be as many Gts for 2006 as was with 2005s.
JohnnyT
Old 11/5/05, 08:29 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by ISELLFORD@November 5, 2005, 7:26 PM
It all depends on the region and zone where you are ordering. I just delivered my 12th '06 GT today to TMS members and it was ordered in mid September. There will be a slow down over the holidays due to the XMAS shut down for two weeks but with the increased production of GT's [our region is up over 40% now] if you shop around for a dealer who will give you an honest answer, you should be ablwe to get a car in 3 months from time of order.
Ed you are one of the few dealers on this forum that can get Gts......
As most other dealers will not be able too.
It looks like they are not making MANY more GTs......
In the northeast and I am sure many other places many dealers have not seen Gts Yet and we are in Nov....
I am sure if most of us would drive to our local ford dealer you will only see V6s.....and maybeeeeee a GT if we are lucky......But if yea in Florida I am sure you will see many Gts and most are over sticker...
So Ed you are one of the few good guys on this site and I am glad you are able to get some Gts for the good people on this site...JohnnyT
Old 11/5/05, 09:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

I ordered my GT September 29th. It's on the train right now, about half way here. I don't see a problem.
Old 11/6/05, 07:12 AM
Cobra R Member

ordered my 2005 gt in oct 2004, recieved it in march of 05. ordered my 06 gt 10/4/05, being built 11/9/05, eta to dealer is 11/30/05. So as you can see they actually are getting better. I ordered from a medium to small dealer. Just depends man. But 06 is way better and faster than that of 05 i will tell you that. I will have my car in less than half the time it took to get the 05 from same dealer. good luck to all that order.
Old 11/6/05, 09:41 AM
GT Member

Well I am not sure where you people are from?
If you read a bit most dealers don't have Gts on their lots...
I know in the Northeast you will not see any Gts on dealer lots...
So if you are a comsumer wanting to go and buy a GT in the northeast ,i would think you would be out of luck....Unless you order one and maybe get lucky....
There have been some people that put orders in last year in 2004 and got their GTs but if you read abit many didnot...
If Ford are making all these Gts why are None on the lots?Why order one when ford should have them in stock like the V6s?
I don't think ford are making many more then they did last year,Yes there are a few dealers that have many Gts on their lots but most are asking sticker or above.....
As I said before there are a few good dealers but not many...
They will take your money and put your Order in and you might get a very low Priorty# but then again you still might not get the Gt.Lets see when June rolls around and lets see who complains about having to change to a 2007 Gt.JohnnyT
Old 11/6/05, 12:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

I know in the Northeast you will not see any Gts on dealer lots...
So if you are a comsumer wanting to go and buy a GT in the northeast ,i would think you would be out of luck....Unless you order one and maybe get lucky....

I would think that the reason you don't see many Mustang GT on dealer lots this time of year is that the demand for
them is lower in the winter months so dealers don't sell many of them, and for that reason Ford doesn't give them the same allocation they would have in the warmer months.
So if you want a Mustang GT during the winter then you have to order one, and expect to wait anywhere from several weeks to several months.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
There have been some people that put orders in last year in 2004 and got their GTs but if you read abit many didnot...

Just curious, since you've posted this statement several times do you have any stats on regard to how many people ordered and get their cars as compared to those that never got their car scheduled and had to reorder for an 06?
I've been a member of this site since May 04 (before the order banks for the 05's opened) and it seems to me that most people that ordered an 05 Mustang got their car, but some people had to wait longer then others (example- I ordered in October 04 and got the car in December, someone else ordered in October and got their car in March 05)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
If Ford are making all these Gts why are None on the lots?Why order one when ford should have them in stock like the V6s?

Ford sold more V-6 Mustangs then GTs in the past so they built more V-6s then GTs since that's what the public wanted.
When the 05 Mustang came out Ford built more V-6s then GTs because they thought they would sell more V-6 models then GTs...of course they were wrong.
So know we see lots of V-6 Mustangs on the lots and hardly any GTs, because the GTs sell within a few days, if not hours after the dealer gets them.
Why order one you ask? 1-Can't find a GT in dealer inventory 2-You can find a GT but it doesn't have the options you want, or you want a certain color, so you order one and hope the dealer can get the car for you.
3-Customer has X-Plan and dealer is marking up inventory cars $5000, but will accept plan if you order.
Old 11/6/05, 01:02 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is?
Old 11/6/05, 02:39 PM

Although I haven't asked for a DORA, my dealership seemed to think they would be getting my order (ordered 10/31) on or before 2/1/06. He has no other orders ahead of mine. A week or two later is still OK for me -- two weeks holiday time doesn't seem to be much of a concern either.

I ordered NOT because I wouldn't by MSRP but because they could not get the car optioned the way I want from anyother dealer in the area. I'll take my chances.
Old 11/6/05, 03:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Techguy999@November 6, 2005, 2:42 PM
Although I haven't asked for a DORA, my dealership seemed to think they would be getting my order (ordered 10/31) on or before 2/1/06. He has no other orders ahead of mine. A week or two later is still OK for me -- two weeks holiday time doesn't seem to be much of a concern either.

I ordered NOT because I wouldn't by MSRP but because they could not get the car optioned the way I want from anyother dealer in the area. I'll take my chances.
Ford shuts down for the last couple weeks of the year, but as long as the cars are released before the shutdown the cars are still being shipped...the trucks and trains don't shut down for the holidays.
I ordered my car 10/20/04 and the order was on a temp delay until early December so I thought I wouldn't get my car until January 05, but it was built on 12/14 and arrived December 28.
Old 11/6/05, 06:50 PM
Bullitt Member

There are plenty of 05/06 v6s and 06 GTs on the lots in the Raleigh NC area. V6s have lots of colors and types to choose, GT's not so many, but at least there are some on the lots now. None of the dealers are displaying the markups anymore on any of the Mustangs and at least one of them will take invoice on the V6s.

I am glad I ordered mine at sticker when I did, none of the dealers in the area were taking plans and most wanted over sticker. I was able to order the car EXACTLY how I wanted it and not accept say an auto instead of a manual just to get a plan discount. I also got the colors I wanted (Sonic blue no longer available).

There is at least one person on this site (name withheld) who is extremely proud to have gotten his under plan, also had to accept the auto tranny (he said he preferred manual) and the shaker 1000 (stated he wanted 500) the cost savings on those alone is almost the difference in buying under x-plan. My personal opinion fwiw is that I would rather spend $32k for a car that is perfect than $29k for a car that is really nice.
Old 11/6/05, 06:54 PM
GT Member

I would think ford could sell many Gts in the Northeast with no problems in the winter.And the allocations are low because the Northeast never sold as many as Florida and Calif has...
I have been on many other Ford websites and many have got their 2005 Stang Gts and many had to reorder them in June of 2006.
And I will stick with why order one because most dealers have not seen a 2006 GT yet(I am just going by the Northeast}
Glad you were one of the lucky ones that got their stang gts early.
And I am very happy getting mine at Invoice otherwise I would still be C/U........
Its still good to get a DORA because when in March when the weather gets nice you will be wondering if you are getting the car.....JohnnyT
Old 11/6/05, 06:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by johnnytuinals@November 5, 2005, 2:09 PM
The Smart ones will shop the net or call a few dealers in Florida or even shop Ebay,those are the smart ones and for the other ones i have no pitty for you because ford are not making Many more GTs as they did last year.
Can't wait till June and see everyone complaning.......JohnnyT
Are you not getting enough attention lately? :bang:
Old 11/6/05, 07:19 PM
GT Member

Sorry its the wine
Old 11/6/05, 07:35 PM

Keep in mind that 2006 is not 2005. Many of us, particularly enthusiasts who are more likely to buy GT's, have been waiting for 3 or 4 years for the new mustang to arrive. The peak demand for GT's may have passed. I believe that GT sales will slow down a bit and that they will either be more readily available or at least the wait should be less.
Old 11/6/05, 10:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by mustangjack@November 6, 2005, 3:05 PM
I'm not sure what the point of this thread is?

My feeling is that if you want the car bad enough, you will wait. I've been waiting since the end of June and am still C/U(only one more order in front of mine so the wait shouldn't be much longer). Do I want my car? Yes. Am I mad? No.

I am just sick of the same posts about "don't pay over MSRP" and "let's see who will be complaining in June" posted by you all the time. First off, everyone has to make their own decisions. You decided to go with something now, as opposed to what you wanted, later. That was what you felt was best. Well, other people will do what's best for them too. Just let this topic die!
Old 11/7/05, 11:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ordered my 2006 GT 8-9-05 and it was delivered on 9-30-05. I was very happy with the turn around.
Old 11/8/05, 12:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by johnnytuinals@November 5, 2005, 9:32 PM
Ed you are one of the few dealers on this forum that can get Gts......
As most other dealers will not be able too.
It looks like they are not making MANY more GTs......
In the northeast and I am sure many other places many dealers have not seen Gts Yet and we are in Nov....
I am sure if most of us would drive to our local ford dealer you will only see V6s.....and maybeeeeee a GT if we are lucky......But if yea in Florida I am sure you will see many Gts and most are over sticker...
So Ed you are one of the few good guys on this site and I am glad you are able to get some Gts for the good people on this site...JohnnyT
Hey Jonny, you aren't alone. I work at a dealer, and placed my order on August 8th. At that time, we were only getting 1 (yes 1) GT per month, (with allocation the way it is), and we had 7 GT's in head of my order. I figured I may get my car around March or April (which is fine, as you know how winters' can be here in PA). Now, our GT allocation is a 'tiny" bit better, as my car may get scheduled in January for a Febuary pick-up date. If this transpires as I predict, I iwll have waited 6 months. Remember, 5 speeds are a little slow right now, that is why most dealers in my area that have GT's on their lots, are ALL automatics. Those were easier to get. You aren't alone. I know waiting sucks, but it's all we can do.

Quick Reply: Why Order a StangGT(Got to be Nuts}