2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

who's waiting for a SE !

Search this Thread

Old 9/13/04, 10:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No regular GT for me, i'm definately waiting for a SE as soon as it comes out.....Hopefully sometimes this spring....Anyone else is doing the same thing....My favorite scenario would be to buy a Mach1 late this spring with special 18 mag wheels, wider tires, more offset, shaker, unique body-kit, customized Mach1 interior, 350HP, and that would cost only $4000 more.......Listening FoMoCo... :worship:
Old 9/13/04, 10:53 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Only $4,000 more for a MACH 1 over a GT? Really? Hmmmm. Well I am getting a GT. I am impatient and can't wait any longer. Besides, by the time I am done sinking another $4,000 into it, it will be faster than the MACH 1 and hopefully will not look like another GT out there.
Old 9/13/04, 10:53 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Daniel, I wouldn't hold my breath for a powered-up S/E

If we see anything it won't be until at least 2006, if not 2007.

If forces align against me and I can't get an '05, if there is something appealing in '06 in terms of s/e i will grab it.
Old 9/13/04, 10:57 AM
Cobra Member

I'm waiting for an SE also. I just want to see what they have to offer before I make my decision on a new mustang.
Old 9/13/04, 11:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

I'm pretty sure we will see something late this spring, when i spoke with the Ford Canada marketing representative the other day at our annual show, i asked her about a possible SE, and she just smiled back at me as if she knew something but couldn't talk about it...I invited her for a drink but she refused cuz she was afraid she could tell too much..... But HEY i tried.....
Old 9/13/04, 11:14 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree daniel, there will be something, problem is, I doubt it will be anything more than a cosmetic package.
Old 9/13/04, 11:14 AM
GT Member

Im waiting for a Boss,,,,and from what many people have said on here,,,,it will be out/rummored just around the time im outa college,,,,,so I have something look foreward too
Old 9/13/04, 11:19 AM
Cobra Member

Yeppir, the extra horsepower would be nice, but dig this. I would settle for 'simply cosmetics' IF and I say IF the first SE from Ford had the concept hood. A ducktail spoiler would be nice, but it HAS TO HAVE THE CONCEPT HOOD...
Old 9/13/04, 11:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Galaxie@September 13, 2004, 11:17 AM
I agree daniel, there will be something, problem is, I doubt it will be anything more than a cosmetic package.
Steve , i'm trying hard to think that i'm right, but you're not helping me much here... I think i don't want to have to face the possible truth, but i still think it will be more than a cosmetic package....
Old 9/13/04, 11:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

This Steeda body kit is starting to grow on me, especially with the concept hood.....few add-ons and we're in the 350HP ballpark(ported heads, cams and exhaust....).this could be an alternative to a SE.....
Old 9/13/04, 11:32 AM
GT Member

Don't hold out for a S/E, beacause the only thing in the pipeline from Ford is the Cobra, and it won't be avaliable until 2007MY
Old 9/13/04, 11:34 AM
GT Member

pitpup, nice pic

though for my taste, lose those fan blades (I can buy an 18" fan at Home Depot) and slap on some deep dish to' the wheel well 18" rims, Colorado Red paint, side scoops, ducktail and love the concept hoody...and a BULLITT chaser
Old 9/13/04, 11:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by CanadianStang@September 13, 2004, 11:35 AM
Don't hold out for a S/E, beacause the only thing in the pipeline from Ford is the Cobra, and it won't be avaliable until 2007MY
I don't agree, you will see something in between the Cobra ant the GT no doubt, the only question is when exactly....that's what's killing me since the beginning.....We should know something by the time the SEMA show takes place...
Old 9/13/04, 11:50 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Daniel, I'm starting to think we might not see an SE with a power increase. You know me, I've been waiting for an SE as well. However, I think the spring package (if it happens) might not be anything more than cosmetic.

I'm done waiting and the GT is still plenty of car. I might go with some aftermarket rims and maybe an exhaust and call it a day. Too many years waiting for something isn't good....I know. Time to move on. If in 5 years I want to sell the GT for an SE, I will. For now, I'll enjoy my GT.

If for some reason an SE, like a Mach 1, pops up at SEMA or NAIAS, I might wait and buy it since I'll be ordering the GT in late January most likely.

But I'm approaching it like they'll only be the GT. I've made peace with that and am excited. I hope you find something you're happy with as well.
Old 9/13/04, 11:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

I can't wait any longer. I'm getting an 05. Been waiting since 94 for a decent change and finally got one in the 05 Stang! :drive:
Old 9/13/04, 11:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Dan@September 13, 2004, 11:53 AM
Daniel, I'm starting to think we might not see an SE with a power increase. You know me, I've been waiting for an SE as well. However, I think the spring package (if it happens) might not be anything more than cosmetic.

I'm done waiting and the GT is still plenty of car. I might go with some aftermarket rims and maybe an exhaust and call it a day. Too many years waiting for something isn't good....I know. Time to move on. If in 5 years I want to sell the GT for an SE, I will. For now, I'll enjoy my GT.

If for some reason an SE, like a Mach 1, pops up at SEMA or NAIAS, I might wait and buy it since I'll be ordering the GT in late January most likely.

But I'm approaching it like they'll only be the GT. I've made peace with that and am excited. I hope you find something you're happy with as well.
Will wait till the SEMA show, then i'll make up my mind.....i've got a very nice five-ohhh to drive in the meantime....so i'm not in any kind of rush to buy the car immediately......I guess that helps me going through this....
Old 9/13/04, 11:56 AM
GT Member

I plan to wait until ford/SVT/Shelby publishes some real #s and specific facts--I've heard so many rumors on "Shelby" & "SVT" and Special Edition variants that I've just decided to wait. First, I'd be more than happy to buy a GT and drop some money on Mods, the car is hot, and I think looks and quality improvements warrant the investment.

So why wait?

For pure historical value, I'd love to buy a 'stang with the Shelby name attached--I foolishly passed up 2 chances to buy shelby mustangs in the late 1980s (a 65 GT350 in need of restoration and a 1968 GT350 needing less work, but still needing some)--now those cars are so expensive--I've promised myself to never pass up on another opportunity if it should come along :bang: . So Shelby is on the top of my wish list.

In the same vein, I'm really tempted by the promise of IRS and a 6-speed in the SVT-- I want to see real power numbers, and get a low down on handling improvements (ergo, would it be cheaper to get more performance by modifying a GT).

Bottomline, I don't think one could go wrong with any pick.
Old 9/13/04, 12:02 PM
Bullitt Member

dave_bought_another_black_stang's Avatar

Waiting on a convertible Mach 1!
Old 9/13/04, 12:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'd like to get a car that would remain stock from the factory, not have to mod it , but get it just right from Ford....I'm done modifying cars, it took 2 years to rebuild my five-ohhh, and left me injured in the back rebuilding the engine....so that's it for me...that's why i'm really hoping for a SE......
Old 9/13/04, 12:22 PM

I can't stand waiting. I'm gonna get a 05 GT asap and trade it for a Cobra in 07.

Quick Reply: who's waiting for a SE !