2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Who has got ticket since new Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/05, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

On my way to school this morning and running late as usual. Five lane street with medium traffic (mostly other students hauling to get to school) I'm riding third out smoothly and get up to about 65 when I notic everyone else is going abnormally slow (speed limit) I look up and there's the loved motorcycle cop. i have to pull over right in front of school. He shows me the laser gun with my speed. 66 in a 40. At least it's my first ticket.
Old 4/20/05, 10:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

yup... :cop:
Contesting a speeding ticket
Old 4/20/05, 10:31 AM
GT Member

Yepper... Here's my infamous pic:

Old 4/20/05, 10:54 AM
GT Member

I'm guessing it's only going to be a matter of time before
I pick one up. The '05 just accelerates and rides so much
smoother than my '94 that I have trouble judging my speed.
Actually that may be my only complaint, the car may be just
too nice, but hopefully I will adjust before it's too late.
Old 4/20/05, 10:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have the V6 and it is such a smooth ride, a few days after I got it, I had her on 100mph on I-59 and never realized it! My daughter looked over and said, "MOM! We're doing 100!" She was excited! I was shocked!

yikes.

Old 4/20/05, 11:17 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Buck_Nekid@April 20, 2005, 9:34 AM
Hey, what's the deal with the Mercedes pulled off behind the cop?

No tickets for me yet...
Old 4/20/05, 11:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Bimmer :-)
Old 4/20/05, 11:28 AM
Cobra R Member

Pulled over once, got a ticket for 51 in a 35! Cop felt sorry for me and suggested that I work with the judge and go to traffic school and get it removed from my record. He said that since my driving record was so good, the best you can get in Virginia, that I should look him up in court before the trail and he will see if the judge will go for it. I told him that I thought the speed on this stretch was 45. He appreciated my honesty. First ticket since '97. stinks so much that I just bought a radar detector. Would have saved me on this ticket.

Lets hope what the officer told me will occur. Traffic school online costs about 50 bucks and removes the ticket from your record. Ticket with costs added would be $137 dollars. (not to mention added insurance costs.)

What stinks is that I was not trying to speed!!! :notnice:
Old 4/20/05, 11:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

um....thats a BMW. not a Mercedes. eww. don't confuse the two.

And yeah, I have gotten two tickets, and owned the car for 4 months.

First one was for doing 80mph on the freeway. Cop said I was doing 82, but he would write me for 80 (gee....thanks). I was mad too...because there were people passing me right before he pulled me over.

Second one was when I was on my way to a car meet, to meet up with Richard (rrobello). I was doing about 80, and then saw I was one off ramp away. I had just installed my my 91 octane tune...so I wanted to see what she would do. It was 7:30am, on a saturday morning. No one was on the freeway. I got it up to about 130mph, before I backed off. Thats when I saw the motorcop in my rearview mirror. Pulled me over, said I was doing 104mph. Could have been worse, but still stinks anyway.

Needless to say, this next month...is going to be an expensive month. $140 for the first ticket, and $370 for the second one. Plus, I need to do traffic school on both somehow. I am gonna try the county trick again...see if it will work for me a second time.

This car is VERY easy to speed in. You really have to watch your speed in this car.
Old 4/20/05, 11:40 AM
FR500 Member

Man, that's just bad luck. No tickets for me yet... knock on wood. The radar detector has saved me at least 10 times though.
Old 4/20/05, 11:46 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 38special@April 20, 2005, 1:31 PM
Pulled over once, got a ticket for 51 in a 35! Cop felt sorry for me and suggested that I work with the judge and go to traffic school and get it removed from my record. He said that since my driving record was so good, the best you can get in Virginia, that I should look him up in court before the trail and he will see if the judge will go for it. I told him that I thought the speed on this stretch was 45. He appreciated my honesty. First ticket since '97. stinks so much that I just bought a radar detector. Would have saved me on this ticket.

Lets hope what the officer told me will occur. Traffic school online costs about 50 bucks and removes the ticket from your record. Ticket with costs added would be $137 dollars. (not to mention added insurance costs.)

I thought radar detectors were illegal here in VA. I was thinking about getting one too, perhaps some sort of stealth install. Dunno if I want to deal with the illegality, even though it will save some tickets I'm sure.
Old 4/20/05, 11:52 AM
Bullitt Member

They are illegal in VA and although you may get a stealth install where the coppers can't see it, they will know you have it. Apperently, and I can't remember the exact story, they can tell becuase of the feedback the get on there gun. At least thats how I remember it. It's an extra fine on top of the speeding ticket and rumor has it they will rip your car apart to confiscate it.
Old 4/20/05, 12:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Man, he should have about 300 miles on it by now!
Old 4/20/05, 12:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Arioch+April 20, 2005, 11:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Arioch @ April 20, 2005, 11:20 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Buck_Nekid@April 20, 2005, 9:34 AM
Hey, what's the deal with the Mercedes pulled off behind the cop?

[/b][/quote]

I think Buck said the BMW was shadowing him, so he got pulled over as well.....
Old 4/20/05, 12:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

No tickets but a couple of dirty looks from cops because of my radar detector and laser blinders (both well hidden and legal in NJ).
Old 4/20/05, 12:14 PM
Bullitt Member

What's really refreshing about this thread is that no one has blamed the cop for not having anything better to do than "pick on them". you've all taken responsibility for your tickets. Good for you! Nice to see mature attitudes.
Old 4/20/05, 12:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Oh yeah....The 104mph I totally deserved.

But the 80mph was kind of BS. Epecially in my area, everyone goes 75-80. You get run over if you do less than 70. And I was in the slow lane, being passed by traffic. I honestly believe I got pulled over because my car stands out and is loud.

Oh well....guess thats the price you pay for a sweet lookin ride.
Old 4/20/05, 12:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

That makes no sense. Radar detectors are passive, so there is no reason that cops would get any feedback on their gun. That is probably just a rumor that some cop started.
Old 4/20/05, 12:30 PM

I used to live in Virginia and it is the worst state when it comes to traffic tickets. The 5-0 need to quit harrassing everyday drivers and take care of real crime. I have heard a rumor that says they make commission from tickets. I am so glad I moved!

I know radar detectors are illegal in Virginia, dont know if you could get away with having one without being caught, but good luck !!

Originally posted by 38special@April 20, 2005, 1:31 PM

Old 4/20/05, 12:45 PM
Bullitt Member

No, a radar detector puts a out a signal. The VA Boys have Radar Detector Detectors and can tell when one is coming.

Took this off radar detector shop net.

18 Wheeler drivers and Virginia drivers:if you don't want your radar detector to be pointed out by highway RDD technology and possibly confiscated, you might consider the new Cobra XRS 9700. The XRS-9700 is superb for VG2 & Spectre 1 RDD alerts. It also detects POP 3 Ka radar.

Quick Reply: Who has got ticket since new Mustang?