2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Where's Winter!

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/07, 08:07 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where's Winter!

Hey, I may end up eating those words in a few weeks, but..... For anyone NOT living in Ontario, Quebec, Michigan, Ohio, Pensylvania, New York etc. we've not seen much, if any snow at all. Apart from a "freak" mid-October snowstorm in Buffalo, most of the region has been snow-free.

It's been 8-12 C (50-55 F) since November!

Over the past 2 months my wife's been saying "What a waste, you could've driven your car today!!!"

I LOVE her, but the "broken record" is driving me up the wall.

For us Eastern Canucks and those in certain parts of the Mid-West and North East US, this is great.

Anyone else's significant other "naggin'" you to drive your winter-stored Stang due to the "no-snow" (so far) winter?
Old 1/6/07, 08:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Yes I get the naggin' too but not much about the weather! LOL

I'll take this weather for winter anytime- keeps the heating bills low.
Old 1/6/07, 08:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree!!!!!

Check this out.......it was 72 here in NYC. I was cruising with shorts, tee shirt and flip flops. This weather is unbelievable................ Is old man winter hibernating?
Old 1/6/07, 08:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Mine is in storage and I set up for February for some changes to take place, I should have set them up earlier,I say storage but it's just in the garage looking pretty lol
I have taken it out a few times but I tend to use the other vehicles we have.....I'll take this weather anyday!
I think if winter doesnt get here soon we'll be having our cars stored till May or June. It will make up for its slow arrival by prolonging its departure
Old 1/6/07, 08:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Yeah, This has been the warmest winter in nearing 40 years and may even break an all time record . I definitely have been able to drive my Mustang a lot more than I had expected . They say the 1" of rain = 10" of snow. Pittsburgh would have got a foot of snow today. It is kind of weird, but I'm not complaining.
Old 1/6/07, 08:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Shhhh! Keep quite about that now. I feel like I'm back in Columbus, GA.
Old 1/6/07, 08:35 PM
Bullitt Member

One bad snowstorm here in Chicago and that's been the only one. The weather has been great. A lot of rain, but hey, you don't have to shovel rain.
Old 1/6/07, 11:17 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Get a lot of that here too
Old 1/6/07, 11:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by tostang
Hey, I may end up eating those words in a few weeks, but..... For anyone NOT living in Ontario, Quebec, Michigan, Ohio, Pensylvania, New York etc. we've not seen much, if any snow at all. Apart from a "freak" mid-October snowstorm in Buffalo, most of the region has been snow-free.

Over the past 2 months my wife's been saying "What a waste, you could've driven your car today!!!"

For us Eastern Canucks and those in certain parts of the Mid-West and North East US, this is great.

Anyone else's significant other "naggin'" you to drive your winter-stored Stang due to the "no-snow" (so far) winter?
Yeah man, we've had what? One snow fall? That stayed for all of 10 minutes? Ive been outside like every day in regular clothes, I'm lovin it!
Old 1/6/07, 11:25 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

We had one snowstorm in Milwaukee and that was it. I hate it. I bought F-150 with 4x4 because of the snow and for the past two winters I hardly had a chance to drive it on the snow.
Old 1/6/07, 11:28 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Last week in Manitoba one foot of free snow from old man winter then record breaking highs melted quite a bit .Really wierd weather ,very warm overall even here.
Old 1/6/07, 11:33 PM
GT Member

Cool

Careful what you wish for. BC has had brutal windstorms and a we just had a third dump of snow in Vancouver. It is all my fault for buying my first vert in August... I predicted it would snow like heck this year. My stang avoided the first snow tucked away in the garage, but she got dumped on Friday morning. Of course when Jack Frost sends all that cold crap back East in a few weeks, it will warm up enough and I will get the top down
Old 1/7/07, 07:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

no winter in Southern NY/Northern NJ either. we hit a record for longest into the winter season with no snow 2 days ago. we havent even had a flurry ot flake of snow. it was 74 degrees yesterday too
Old 1/7/07, 08:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 94tbird
no winter in Southern NY/Northern NJ either. we hit a record for longest into the winter season with no snow 2 days ago. we havent even had a flurry ot flake of snow. it was 74 degrees yesterday too
Same here in CT , no sand on the road! yes. glad i dont do wintetr storage. yesterday 68 and warm , windows down, it was great
Old 1/7/07, 08:57 AM
Bullitt Member

it hit 71 degrees here in central Masschussetts yesterday, too. Its crazy, if this became routine year to year, I'd have to seriously believe in global warming. As it is, there has been talk of another el Nino event this year or some such causing weather disruption. I would prefer a nice structured weather pattern New England style of spring-summer-fall-winter nicely in their bounds...
Old 1/7/07, 11:39 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
I put my summer car away when the salt gets dumped on the road.
This season that meant last week.
First time I ever made it past Christmas in 25 years of having "summer" cars.
Old 1/7/07, 11:46 AM
GT Member

I want winter to hit Miami already, I'm tired of all this 90 degree weather. I've been planning on driving quite a bit on the nice cool days.
Old 1/7/07, 12:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yes what has happened? Took mine off the road and placed in garage at the end of October. Could have been driving this whole time. Going to sort out my insurance and put plates back on tommorow.
Old 1/7/07, 04:29 PM
Bullitt Member

I bought a *truck* three months after getting the stang so I wouldn't have to put it through a New England winter and what do we get for snow? N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Took the family up to Mount Snow in Vermont this weekend and there's no snow anywhere. It rained on the way up Friday night, and was 60 degrees on the mountain on Saturday. We spent the afternoon swimming in the Grand Summit hotel's OUTDOOR pool. We booked the trip in Sept so who wudda thunk there'd be no snow? We did acutally take a few runs from the top this morning but there was basically nothing. No offense to anyone who likes it warm, but I'm hopin' for a blizzard!
Old 1/7/07, 04:39 PM
FR500 Member

who cares about winter i hope it never comes

Quick Reply: Where's Winter!