2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Where's the 2005 saleen?

Search this Thread

Old 8/4/04, 01:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its already been confirmed that Shinoda, Steeda, and Roush will be making parts for the 2005 mustang. Now the only company that is missing is saleen. Are they gonna hold off all info on their products until SEMA????
Old 8/4/04, 02:10 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I heard last year that they have been having problems (this came from a dealer). I'm sure they are working on something though.
Old 8/4/04, 04:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Last year Saleen Inc has been restructed with the help of investment firm Hancock Park Associates (source: The Saleen Book).

What this means in the real world is that they probable had cash flow problems and sold a part of the shares in trade for a cash investment to keep the company running. So Saleen Inc is now in the hands of Steve Saleen, Tony Johnson and this investment firm.

What the exact financial problems were is unknown, but considering their heavy investments in the S7, a new factory and abroad sales organisations (Canada, Mexico) combined with dropping sales a cash shortage would not be strange.

I think it's a good thing they chose to do this and save the company. Must have been tough for Steve though.

They are definately working on an '05 Saleen, which should if all goes well be revealed at the Saleen Show in september. This car will have to be a big hit. otherwise it doesn't look good. They can't survive on just the S7 and their production deal with Ford for the new GT is as limited as the production number of that car itself....
Old 8/4/04, 05:49 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Eric B@August 4, 2004, 4:50 PM
They are definately working on an '05 Saleen, which should if all goes will be revealed at the Saleen Show in september. This car will have to be a big hit. otherwise it doesn't look good. They can't survive on just the S7 and their production deal with Ford for the new GT is as limited as the production number of that car itself....
I was told by Steve himself that they are working on one. He did not say when it would be out. Bit he was very emphatic that they were working on one. I heard someone else in one of the Saleen owners clubs. Say that it would be shown at the september show as well.
Old 8/4/04, 06:12 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Interesting, Saleen had money problems ~ 1992 as well. Steve is great with the cars, but not too good with the financials.
Old 8/4/04, 09:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

yeah, he might have had money problems. but every compant has its partners. and as long as the cars keep coming he will be fine. especially with the 05 coming out.
Old 8/5/04, 07:18 AM
Bullitt Member

I've mentioned before that they (Saleen) have a lime green one at their Irvine facility with the engine on a stand. A friend of mine says they are in the process of tearing down the engine and doing the specs/measurements for a whipple for the car. This was a couple of weeks ago.
Old 8/5/04, 09:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Anyone know when Saleen is planning on releasing pics. Roush will have their new pics up 09/01 at www.roushperf.com.