2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

What is wrong with people?

Search this Thread

Old 10/4/05, 04:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Adam8g@October 4, 2005, 1:05 PM
I’ve read a lot of these posts about vandalism, mail workers raging about cars, rude behavior. Etc., etc.

Why don’t you folks move into a decent neighborhood?

I thought long and hard before ordering my Mustang, not exactly my demographic so to speak, but I figured it was worth getting a kids / white trash car for the cheap fun.

Then again, I live where folks know how to behave –

Maybe owning a white trash car in a white trash neighborhood is not that good an idea.

Why don’t you folks buy a used Camaro instead?
You can pretend to be Smoky and kick up gravel.
I'm a little confused here. Are you saying that a Mustang is a white trash car? I think you'd be surprised by the diversity of Stang owners on this forum alone. Oh, and BTW, Smoky drove a Trans Am.
Old 10/4/05, 04:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by wilsonchristian@October 4, 2005, 5:06 PM
Baby boomers?

-C
Your close. You have to move a little farther to the left.
Old 10/4/05, 07:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, i'm not taking any chances...anymore...
i had a 1999 Stang...just sold it a few months ago and waiting for my 2006.

i had my share of dings and wish i could catch the bastards in the act.

For my new Stang.
1) 24 hour cam with motion detection when parked at my house

2) Paging alarm system...i'll know whenever someone even stands close to my baby

3) GPS tracking...just incase it gets towed....or when my paging alarm is out of range...my cell phone will be alerted.

THAT'S that only way to go these days. No matter which car you drive.
Old 10/4/05, 07:12 PM
GT Member

I've been thinking of getting a survallance camera myself along with a motion activated flood light. The cost is small compared to the cost of the damage done
Old 10/4/05, 07:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Society's been on the decline for a hundred years or more, its only going to get worse
Old 10/4/05, 08:32 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by ex-Galaxie500@October 4, 2005, 7:22 PM
Society's been on the decline for a hundred years or more, its only going to get worse
I am not so sure I COMPLETELY agree with that one. After all, at least we aren't sacrificing people, or keeping slaves, or having massive tournaments revolved around death (think Coliseum).

I think we have made good strides. Just not enough.
Old 10/4/05, 08:38 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@October 4, 2005, 6:45 AM
Blame the most influential group in the U.S. The one that caters to the low lives, supports them, makes excuses for them, subsidises them, justifies their actions, supports division, and endorses hatred. I'll give you one guess of who that might be.

What we are experiencing is their final product.
Just to add gasoline to the fire, I know you are trying to get us to say Democrats, but a) the Reblicans are the most infulential group right now and b) I would say it is a uniquely Republican trait not to care what anyone else thinks as long as you get yours -- which is a huge part of this.

(BTW, I am an independent who thinks both parties suck and who likes to illicit debate).
Old 10/4/05, 08:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Rampant@October 4, 2005, 10:35 PM
I am not so sure I COMPLETELY agree with that one. After all, at least we aren't sacrificing people, or keeping slaves, or having massive tournaments revolved around death (think Coliseum).

I think we have made good strides. Just not enough.
True we don't, but I didn't say a thousand years or two hundred. We didn't have slaves or sacrifice people or have gladatorial battles in 1905. And who knows, the only reason we may not is because of law and not because of people not wanting to...sadly enough

Anyway, it just seems to me that morals are becoming few and far between. Nowadays good deeds are like spotting a miracle. People helping out in Louisiana and the Gulf Coast are headlines. Shouldn't we all be doing that anyway? Shouldn't that be such a normal occurrence- people helping people- that it isnt' even newsworthy?

Sorry, just had to vent. I hope this vandalism streak is just isolated events and not rampant. Okay, no more boring yall with my ranting...
Old 10/4/05, 10:53 PM
Bullitt Member

hah whats funny is a majority of those vandalism stories posted lately have all been made by me...Backed into, keyed, rocks thrown at...all in the course of two weeks! Today when i left the gym I had the guy parked next to me way over the line and i had to squeeze my gym bag and everything through a tiny opening just so i wouldn't hit my door on his old hunk-a-lunker truck.. all i thought about was "something could have just happened to my car again!!" I was not a happy camper when i come strolling up to my car and see my car all nice and straight in her parking spot and some dufuses truck halfa** parked and half in my spot!!! UGH!! He obviously was in no way shape or form worried about something happening to his truck.
Old 10/4/05, 11:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Rampant@October 4, 2005, 7:41 PM
Just to add gasoline to the fire, I know you are trying to get us to say Democrats, but a) the Reblicans are the most infulential group right now and B) I would say it is a uniquely Republican trait not to care what anyone else thinks as long as you get yours -- which is a huge part of this.

(BTW, I am an independent who thinks both parties suck and who likes to illicit debate).
This is a mustang site, not a political springboard for B.S. rants and raves. Let's keep it mustang and not conservative vs liberal. Conservatives obviously rule here, but I agree both parties suck...always blaming each other for lifes problems, when in reality neither party is idiot-free. The Democrats are only 50% responsible for the problems in this country. A-holes come in every shape, color, race & religion. Even a conservative a-hole might damage a mustang just because he thinks the owner is a liberal scumbag. :bang:
Old 10/5/05, 02:58 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by ponyboy66@October 4, 2005, 6:00 PM
Your close. You have to move a little farther to the left.

Oh wait, the liberal left?

Yeah, screw them and their results with: unions, Healthcare, decent working/living conditions, votes for black people/females Hahahah.

Nope. I'm sticking with babyboomers. Too many know-it-alls to follow the hardasses of the previous gen. have left North America in ruins, socially and culturally. Yes mom and dad, I'm talking to you.

Overall I agree with others hard left and hard right are dinkies. Extremism of asny kind is what gets people killed, punched, keyed.

I wanna drive my stang str8 down the middle of both groups and tell 'em to eat it.

Well, you did say stay on topic re: mustangs didn't you?

-C
Old 10/5/05, 06:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by HorsC@October 4, 2005, 10:56 PM
hah whats funny is a majority of those vandalism stories posted lately have all been made by me...Backed into, keyed, rocks thrown at...all in the course of two weeks! Today when i left the gym I had the guy parked next to me way over the line and i had to squeeze my gym bag and everything through a tiny opening just so i wouldn't hit my door on his old hunk-a-lunker truck.. all i thought about was "something could have just happened to my car again!!" I was not a happy camper when i come strolling up to my car and see my car all nice and straight in her parking spot and some dufuses truck halfa** parked and half in my spot!!! UGH!! He obviously was in no way shape or form worried about something happening to his truck.
i would have used that beater as a makiwara(sp) board and beat a little more experience into it---------
Old 10/5/05, 07:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@October 4, 2005, 6:45 AM
Blame the most influential group in the U.S. The one that caters to the low lives, supports them, makes excuses for them, subsidises them, justifies their actions, supports division, and endorses hatred. I'll give you one guess of who that might be.

What we are experiencing is their final product.
That would be the FAR FAR Right. I don't think there are many Klan members in the ACLU.

It sounds like you are promoting your own agenda without logic, but plenty of blame. As a life long Democrat, I'm offended my your comments.
Old 10/5/05, 11:57 PM
Bullitt Member

I didn't realize there were democrats on this site! :scratch:
Old 10/6/05, 12:08 AM
V6 Member

Move to Florida
Old 10/6/05, 02:29 AM
Closet American

Originally posted by ex-Galaxie500@October 4, 2005, 7:42 PM
We didn't have slaves or sacrifice people or have gladatorial battles in 1905.
And no Mustangs, either!
Old 10/6/05, 02:35 AM
Closet American

Originally posted by grrr428@October 5, 2005, 6:03 PM
That would be the FAR FAR Right. I don't think there are many Klan members in the ACLU.

It sounds like you are promoting your own agenda without logic, but plenty of blame. As a life long Democrat, I'm offended my your comments.
Like someone else said, this is a predominantly conservative board, where liberal weenies get

So grab your and a and relax.

Old 10/6/05, 04:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by sajawebb@October 6, 2005, 12:00 AM
I didn't realize there were democrats on this site! :scratch:

Because you are ...maybe ...what.... misinformed/in denial at best!

GWB has the lowest rating of all the past 5 Presidents. Less than 40% approval. Do the math. That makes him odd man OUT. Even as a LAMEduck President his "mandate" (as if he ever had one) is down the toilet.

The best he can leave this country is a legacy of low wages and outsourcing, big profits for the big corporations, and HUGE H U G E deficits for YOUR children. He has given tax breaks for the wealthy (not you BTW) and has ran up huge unpayable military debts.

Merry early Christmas donkey doughnut.<<<not What I said! Arseholio
Old 10/6/05, 04:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

http://www.hist.umn.edu/~ruggles/Approval.htm

It's time for a deserving impeachment. GWB is a joke, an embarassment. Enough is enough. He's a wimp. Still trying to vindicate his Daddy's war against Saddam Hussein. Where is Osama Bin Laden? We should have had the SOB by now. Instead we went off on a Political tangent...for oil.

"........this is a predominantly conservative board...." Who says? K.M.A.! M.F.!
Old 10/6/05, 07:47 AM
Cobra Member

Tim watches too much TV.... and believes too much of what he hears.

Anyways.... there's going to reagular weekly beatings at my house..... my kids are going to get a good spankin' whether or not they did anything wrong.... that way, just in case someting slips through the cracks, they'll get punished for it.

Quick Reply: What is wrong with people?