2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

What is wrong with people?

Search this Thread

Old 10/3/05, 11:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With all of the vandalism posts that have hit the board recently, I really have to wonder about this society. I mean, really, what the f@*&! is wrong with people? Who raised these people to disrespect other people's property? Where did they learn this behavior? How did they become such %$^@% &^@%*(! *!@%$^!!&*%$??????

It seems as if the concept of instant gratification has collided with the notion of "I should have what everyone else has" to become completely out of control. Dear Lord people, GROW UP and stop trashing other people's property just because of you own pathetic inferiority complex.

It is really disturbing to me when this kind of behavior is seemingly so rampant. I can only hope that someday, these people meet up with someone like FiaCobra.

Sorry... just had to rant there for a little...
Old 10/3/05, 11:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Well after less than 2 weeks of ownership on my 06 GT I had a few dents on the hood from someone hitting it or something like that. Cost me $650 to get fixed. Its not just mustangs though. About 2 years ago, when I just got my 4 Runner, some hineyholes threw a bunch of rocks over the overpass and the hit the ground and bounced back to the front of my car. Cost almost 2 grand in damage. If I would have been moving just a bit faster, they would have gone through my windsheild, and who knows If I would be writting this. Some people have no respect for other peoples things.
Old 10/4/05, 03:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Unfortunately this problem is getting worse.

We had the same idiots back in the 70's.
Back then the big thing to do was to key some nice car at the drive-in.
People did it back then to pick a fight. These were just outcasts of society.

Today it's your average kid with seemingly good family values.

Problem is that parents are afraid of their kids today and do not discipline them. They try to be their best friend and don't want to do anything to offend them fearing harsh retaliation. The kids are left to be the idiots that they are.

The rest are kids who have no father figure, or no parentel authority at all.
Mom works 18 hours a day to make ends meat and who knows where the dad is. Kids learn no repect for people or property and are left to fend for themselves. They see the fruits of others and lash out because they lack the means and/or ability to obtain them.
Old 10/4/05, 05:41 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by ponyboy66@October 4, 2005, 6:02 AM
Unfortunately this problem is getting worse.

We had the same idiots back in the 70's.
Back then the big thing to do was to key some nice car at the drive-in.
People did it back then to pick a fight. These were just outcasts of society.

Today it's your average kid with seemingly good family values.

Problem is that parents are afraid of their kids today and do not discipline them. They try to be their best friend and don't want to do anything to offend them fearing harsh retaliation. The kids are left to be the idiots that they are.

The rest are kids who have no father figure, or no parentel authority at all.
Mom works 18 hours a day to make ends meat and who knows where the dad is. Kids learn no repect for people or property and are left to fend for themselves. They see the fruits of others and lash out because they lack the means and/or ability to obtain them.

Amen! I see this every day. I am a librarian and people let their kids go wherever they want and they come to us since we have free computer use. A good majority of them don't give a rat's hiney that they are making the library a bad place for every one else in that library. We ask them to respect others, they don't/won't listen. They get wild, we ask them to leave the building, they refuse. We call the police who of course have much more important things to do than to yell at a bunch of idiot children so it takes hours for them to respond to our bunch of rowdy kids. It's sad that children have such little respect for anyone else these days. I am afraid when I drive my car that the kids will see it and decide it would be cool to do something to it. And people wonder why the heck I decided not to have my own kids... I have other peoples rotten children every day after school!!
-Marci
Old 10/4/05, 06:32 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yup, that's what happens when you are not allowed to discipline kids these days. I can't count the number of wooden spoons my mom busted over my hiney. I definately learned what it is to respect other peoples belongings. I just can't stand the fact that when I see a little kid out of control in the mall and you see the parents want to spank the kid but can't because hundreds of people are looking at them and thinking "Go ahead, smack the kid and I'll have you brought up on child abuse charges". When I was growing up the library was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Nowadays it is insane. Marci, if I was in your library and saw kids acting that way I would have grabbed them by the ears and showed them the door.
Old 10/4/05, 06:42 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Blame the most influential group in the U.S. The one that caters to the low lives, supports them, makes excuses for them, subsidises them, justifies their actions, supports division, and endorses hatred. I'll give you one guess of who that might be.

What we are experiencing is their final product.
Old 10/4/05, 07:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by StangGrl@October 4, 2005, 5:44 AM
Amen! I see this every day. I am a librarian and people let their kids go wherever they want and they come to us since we have free computer use. A good majority of them don't give a rat's hiney that they are making the library a bad place for every one else in that library. We ask them to respect others, they don't/won't listen. They get wild, we ask them to leave the building, they refuse. We call the police who of course have much more important things to do than to yell at a bunch of idiot children so it takes hours for them to respond to our bunch of rowdy kids. It's sad that children have such little respect for anyone else these days. I am afraid when I drive my car that the kids will see it and decide it would be cool to do something to it. And people wonder why the heck I decided not to have my own kids... I have other peoples rotten children every day after school!!
-Marci
I bet those kids love you
Old 10/4/05, 08:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Really don't have a fact based answer but IMO if falls back to individual responsibility. It seems to me that fewer and fewer people take responsibilty for their life, their actions and their failures. Too often now, if you don't succeed, have something you want, etc, its somebody else's fault - never yours. In schools, you now don't fail or even lose at sports,- not a good beginining to learn that If you don't accept responsibility for your failures - how do you claim credit for your successes?
Old 10/4/05, 09:06 AM
GT Member

Yep

I know I kick their butt if I catch them. Correct that the liberal lawyers and pols have ruined our culture. Hope someone trashes their car (at least).

Mustangs and Glocks..great combo.

I think this will be my new motto.

Of course, I am a radical right-wing conspirator.
Old 10/4/05, 09:35 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by Ranger@October 4, 2005, 8:37 AM
Really don't have a fact based answer but IMO if falls back to individual responsibility. It seems to me that fewer and fewer people take responsibilty for their life, their actions and their failures. Too often now, if you don't succeed, have something you want, etc, its somebody else's fault - never yours. In schools, you now don't fail or even lose at sports,- not a good beginining to learn that If you don't accept responsibility for your failures - how do you claim credit for your successes?

Why should an individual be held reponsible for their actions, I thought that is what the government was for
Old 10/4/05, 09:39 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by army_eod@October 4, 2005, 9:09 AM
Mustangs and Glocks..great combo.

I think this will be my new motto.

Of course, I am a radical right-wing conspirator.

Good motto, make that two right-wing conspirators
Old 10/4/05, 09:56 AM

Reading all the posts bout vandalism lately has made me extremely nervous to get my new stang. It should be here sometime in December. I'm the kinda person that parks waaaay out in BFE to avoid door dings and vandalism. But reading these posts, it seems like it's inevitable to get damage. I hate even getting the smallest of scratches on my car, let alone rocks or slurpies being thrown at it.

I'm driving around in a 95 Taurus right now and I love the fact that I do not have to worry about my car wherever I go. Kinda nice not to worry but would much rather drive my stang and worry than drive a 95 Taurus.
Old 10/4/05, 10:26 AM
FR500 Member

well i worry 10 times more than anyone considerring im 18. i keep my car in great condition for being a teens car. its my baby. i treat it as if it was my child. unfortunately some things r unavoidable. when something happens and whoever is causing the damage if thats the case, they will pay for it eventually. because something bad will happen to them....very bad
Old 10/4/05, 10:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Ok, since I remember what it was like to be a kid, (only 28) It is not just the younger crowd. Lots of the dents we get on our cars are from the Urban Mom assult vehicles SUV's. I watched a lady bang her door into my car once, and when I confronted her on it, she got defensive. Let's face it though, dents are going to happen. The rest of the stuff concerns me though about society.
Old 10/4/05, 01:53 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Nick85@October 4, 2005, 9:14 AM
I bet those kids love you
Actually, some of them do. And I like them. I know I sounded rather cranky this morning, but they have really been bad lately around here. This just hit a chord with me today. There are some really great kids who come to the library here as well. It's just the bad ones that make life difficult here sometimes.
-Marci
Old 10/4/05, 02:02 PM
GT Member

I’ve read a lot of these posts about vandalism, mail workers raging about cars, rude behavior. Etc., etc.

Why don’t you folks move into a decent neighborhood?

I thought long and hard before ordering my Mustang, not exactly my demographic so to speak, but I figured it was worth getting a kids / white trash car for the cheap fun.

Then again, I live where folks know how to behave –

Maybe owning a white trash car in a white trash neighborhood is not that good an idea.

Why don’t you folks buy a used Camaro instead?
You can pretend to be Smoky and kick up gravel.
Old 10/4/05, 02:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Adam8g@October 4, 2005, 2:05 PM
I’ve read a lot of these posts about vandalism, mail workers raging about cars, rude behavior. Etc., etc.

Why don’t you folks move into a decent neighborhood?

I thought long and hard before ordering my Mustang, not exactly my demographic so to speak, but I figured it was worth getting a kids / white trash car for the cheap fun.

Then again, I live where folks know how to behave –

Maybe owning a white trash car in a white trash neighborhood is not that good an idea.

Why don’t you folks buy a used Camaro instead?
You can pretend to be Smoky and kick up gravel.

OUCH! Now that wasn't fair or right. Things like this happen in all neighborhoods good and bad. Some of the richest and nicest neighborhoods around ahve things like this happen and its done by the kids living in that neighborhood because their parents let them get away with it. :notnice:
Old 10/4/05, 02:50 PM
Cobra Member

The bottom line is that too many in society feel they are "owed" something by someone and are jealous of others who have what they desire. I don't think this issue is isolated to Mustangs. I had a friend with a new Camry that was vandalized soon after purchase. So it seems anything new or different is a target.

I know, even Camry drivers need friends.....

I certainly wouldn't change my purchase decision based on the frequency with which this type of activity occurs. Buy a Mustang, drive it and enjoy it!!! And most of all, don't let anyone else destroy your ability to an enjoy a Mustang!!
Old 10/4/05, 03:03 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@October 4, 2005, 7:45 AM
Blame the most influential group in the U.S. The one that caters to the low lives, supports them, makes excuses for them, subsidises them, justifies their actions, supports division, and endorses hatred. I'll give you one guess of who that might be.

What we are experiencing is their final product.
Baby boomers?

-C
Old 10/4/05, 04:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by adrenalin@October 4, 2005, 6:35 AM
Yup, that's what happens when you are not allowed to discipline kids these days. I can't count the number of wooden spoons my mom busted over my hiney. I definately learned what it is to respect other peoples belongings. I just can't stand the fact that when I see a little kid out of control in the mall and you see the parents want to spank the kid but can't because hundreds of people are looking at them and thinking "Go ahead, smack the kid and I'll have you brought up on child abuse charges". When I was growing up the library was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Nowadays it is insane. Marci, if I was in your library and saw kids acting that way I would have grabbed them by the ears and showed them the door.
If one of these idiots tries to tell me I can't spank my child I will invite them to stop me. They will get a spanking as well! These people are the reason I get calls from kids saying they were assaulted by their parents only to find out they got disciplined. They of course don't like it when I tell them too bad so sad. Parents have the right to discipline their kids here. Read the penal code for the state you live in to be sure.

Quick Reply: What is wrong with people?