2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

What Should I Do?

Search this Thread

Old 7/17/05, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Well, when I lost posted I was asking what I should do about my car situation.
So, Friday I went to 3 different Ford dealerships [Naturally my grandpa had to bring me and insisted we go to tim-buck-too to find the best deal].
I listed everything I wanted on an 06' model and 2 out of the 3 were trying to talk me into 05's that were already on the lot... One of the dealerships couldn't even give me a price on an 06' with all the options I ordered....
FINALLY, we get to the last dealership and the man was really polite and nice. [That was a plus, considering the previous dealerships had really sarcastic salesmen working for them.]
Anyways, I listed all the options I wanted, the only they couldn't do was put power seats on both sides and two-tone the seats like I wanted. Gave me a price and said it would take 6-8 weeks deliverly. I'am fine with that... The ONLY thing is I wanted the 18" inch fanblades and they said late availablity like you guys have been saying... So, does that mean if I ordered the car with those on it I'd be waiting longer? I'm just trying to figure out if I should go ahead and order it with them or just get different rims. Any ideas?
Old 7/17/05, 01:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, I'd think that they would delay an order until ALL parts are available to build it. If you don't want to wait, get the standard wheels and then buy the ones you want aftermarket.
Old 7/17/05, 01:28 PM

Yeah, I was thinking of doing that. The standard rims aren't bad at all.
Old 7/17/05, 01:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
If you are ordering a Mustang GT don't believe the 6 to 8 week stuff. I waited for my GT four months (about 16 weeks). If you check other postings you will see people usually have waited at least 3 months. I was told it would take 5 to 8 weeks when I ordered my car. It was worth the wait but I just thought you should know the truth about how long it takes to get a GT. At least thats the way it was for an 05 GT. Maybe the wait isn't quite as long for an 06. But be prepared. You'll love the car when you get it.
Old 7/17/05, 01:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can vouch that Don speaketh not with em fork tongue.
Four to five months is about par.
Old 7/17/05, 01:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
6 to 8 weeks tho is defintly possible.
I would ask how many orders ahead of you, and how many they(dealership) are allocated each month. Also get a cop of the DORA if you do order. check on priority #, this can give you somewhat of an idea
Old 7/17/05, 02:40 PM
V6 Member

Yep your wait time heavily depends on dealer you go through (allocation size) and how many orders are in front of you (priority number)

Make sure you find out both if you want to have a real idea of how long it will take!
Old 7/17/05, 03:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Haley....were'nt any of the '05 GT's you found, equipped the way you would be getting on a '06?
Old 7/17/05, 04:22 PM

The 2 dealerships that offered me the 05's... They were nice cars, but didn't have all the options I wanted... Don't get me wrong either, I love the Windevil Blue and Mineral Grey colors alot, but I had my heart set on getting Black. [They all reminded me that they get dirty easier].
The dealership I want to go with gave me a price with everything I wanted and the priority was 40... I've been reading the posts and from what I can tell, I'll be waiting a while if I do order from them.. But like the other person that posted said it'll be worth the wait.