2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

What is with people...

Search this Thread

Old 1/24/07, 12:40 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is with people...

So I'm going to the grocery store... rolling through the parking lot. I come up behind this person doing about 3 miles per hour, so I pass him. I go to park, then get out of my car to go into the store. By this time the guy has driven up to where I'm entering the store, and I thinking what is this dude up to?

I go into the store and decide to look out the front window. Sure enough, the dude has driven his car right up next to mine and is out near my car.

I run out there and confront him. (probably not to smart, but I live in a friendly area) He says, "I put a note on your car". I ask him, "Why the F are you touching my car?" Again, he says "I put a note on your car". I'm like, "Dude are you dumb, you had to touch the car to put a note on it". I proceed to tell him that, "He's a Pword for waiting for me to go into the store, then putting a note on my car". Then he's like, "Do you want me to call the cops". "Go ahead", I say. About this time, his wife/GF comes up to the car. By now he's gotten into the drivers seat, and he tells her to get in. I asked her, "If she liked having a husband that was a Pword". He finally speeds off.

The note read: Dword heads like you get your car spit on!

What an idiot!

Old 1/24/07, 12:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
And he goes speeding off in a parking lot, mr safety himself

I have had a few human speedbumps say stuff over the years I always tell them to call my mother.

Problem is that modern 'advances' have preserved so many(about 99.9% actually) that would of been eliminated by natural selection 10,000 years ago. All the cavemen that would of fell off a cliff chasing a butterfly now drive around in the safety of their Volvos.

Being in sales I have become quite content dealing with some of the the strangest, unreasonable, and illogical of people at times without it bothering me much, but I really think that it should be acceptable to kill someone for touching your vehicle with no legal repercussions as a completely viable reason for temporary insanity. If finding your girlfriend cheating is a 1 on the anger scale, then someone touching your car(or sitting on your motorcycle) would be a 20, as it takes a conscious effort to molest something that belongs to someone only when thinking that the owner will never see you do it-and would detest someone doing it to their own. Its one of those things where you could shoot someone and get even more upset if something from it got on the car. If I accidentally brush up against someone's jalopy in a parking lot I get mad at myself.

I also think that anyone that is morally defective enough to actually touch someone else's vehicle is doing nothing-nor will ever do anything-for society but waste oxygen. Seems small, but that or something like not using a turn signal in heavy traffic shows that someone was improperly raised(by parents that probably never should of made it to adulthood) to care so little about other human beings that moving a lever is too much effort could just go away and the world would never miss a beat. But I digress
Old 1/24/07, 01:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kevinb120

I have had a few human speedbumps say stuff over the years I always tell them to call my mother.

Problem is that modern 'advances' have preserved so many(about 99.9% actually) that would of been eliminated by natural selection 10,000 years ago. All the cavemen that would of fell off a cliff chasing a butterfly now drive around in the safety of their Volvos.

Being in sales I have become quite content dealing with some of the the strangest, unreasonable, and illogical of people at times without it bothering me much, but I really think that it should be acceptable to kill someone for touching your vehicle with no legal repercussions as a completely viable reason for temporary insanity. If finding your girlfriend cheating is a 1 on the anger scale, then someone touching your car(or sitting on your motorcycle) would be a 20, as it takes a conscious effort to molest something that belongs to someone only when thinking that the owner will never see you do it-and would detest someone doing it to their own. Its one of those things where you could shoot someone and get even more upset if something from it got on the car. If I accidentally brush up against someone's jalopy in a parking lot I get mad at myself.

I also think that anyone that is morally defective enough to actually touch someone else's vehicle is doing nothing-nor will ever do anything-for society but waste oxygen. Seems small, but that or something like not using a turn signal in heavy traffic shows that someone was improperly raised(by parents that probably never should of made it to adulthood) to care so little about other human beings that moving a lever is too much effort could just go away and the world would never miss a beat. But I digress
Wow. I thought I was **** about my cars...
Old 1/24/07, 01:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Did he actually spit on your car? I'd go postal on his a$$ if he had... man, just THINKING about it is getting me steamed!!!!
Old 1/24/07, 01:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

see what I mean...

I'm not ****, just well aware that I share this world with other human beings.
Old 1/24/07, 06:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

He put a note on your car? I'm confused. He didn't have the guts to say anything to you in person?

What is this? Grade school?
Old 1/24/07, 07:43 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by kevinb120

We must be related... I totally agree... I mean on everything.

Weird it's like you're my twin brother or something
Old 1/24/07, 10:30 AM
Cobra Member

I feel sorry for the guy's wife, but maybe she got what she deserved. I'm just glad that he didn't key your car, or leave a burning cigarette on your hood (I've seen this before). I guess we've all encountered this personality type before.
Old 1/24/07, 11:05 AM
Bullitt Member

That sucks... kevinb's story reminds me... think it was summer 2004 I was sitting in McD having my burger and my GSX-R1000 K3 was outside. Along comes asian family, mom, dad, 2 kids... they stop looking at my bike and the dad decides to lift one of his little ones sitting on my bike! My burger got me choked, ran outside and kindly as I could, asked the guy to what the F he's doing... "Take the kid off my bike now..." Guy went numb, probably sh*tted his pants, but his wife started to yell me, "You racist! You racist! I call cops... blah blah blah..." I'm no racist, but next time I'll kick a$$ whoever I see touches my property, no matter what race he/she represents.
Old 1/24/07, 01:25 PM
GT Member

Um ... call me stoopid but what is Pword and Dword?
Old 1/24/07, 01:32 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Think female and male private parts. Or cat and Richard.
Old 1/24/07, 03:46 PM
Cobra Member

I am no means saying what he did was right, cause if anyone touched my car I would probably react the same way. But, why did you pass someone in a parking lot?
Old 1/24/07, 05:05 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by freebass55
I am no means saying what he did was right, cause if anyone touched my car I would probably react the same way. But, why did you pass someone in a parking lot?

Try to picture this:

It's 9:45PM and I'm going to this little strip mall. All the stores are closed except the one grocery store at the very end. I'm driving along the front of all the stores, at the opposite end from the grocery store. I'm not in one of the perpendicular rows where you acutally park. I come up behind this dude, that is doing ~3 miles per hour (I'm not exeggerating). He's looking left and right... playing with his radio or something. I'm like, what the heck is this guy doing. I thought he was a 90 year old man or something. I go around him and proceed down to the other end of the parking lot. I park the car, dig around in my jacket pocket (in the back seat) for my wallet, finally get out of the car and walk to the store. Two or three minutes have gone by, as I'm walking into the store, the dude finally get to the front of the store. I'm looking at him and visa versa. I thought it odd that he was looking at me.

So, was I suppose to drive from one end of the parking lot behind this twit in slo-mo, or go around? I realize, I only saved maybe two minutes.

If the dude had a problem with me why didn't he say something to me face to face. Because he was a coward, that's why.

When I looked out the front of the store window and saw the dude out there by the my car, I just knew he was screwing with it. Maybe it was foolish to confront the dude, but it was kind of an instinctual (is that a word) thing to do.

Maybe I shouldn't have went around him. Maybe I should have.

There are some weirdo's out there. Be careful.

Whatever...

Sam
Old 1/24/07, 05:08 PM
Cobra Member

Old 1/24/07, 05:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by lodom
I feel sorry for the guy's wife, but maybe she got what she deserved. I'm just glad that he didn't key your car, or leave a burning cigarette on your hood (I've seen this before). I guess we've all encountered this personality type before.
It may very well be that she may be the driving force behind his madness ? I've seen it before, and sometimes the right thing just pops into ones head the the best reply for the situation. !
Old 1/24/07, 05:18 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by freebass55
That guy deserved to be *****-slapped. Ahem, Bword-slapped.

If he's too busy doing other stuff than drive, then he should park. Afterall, he's in the perfect spot - a parking lot. I would've went around him too.
Old 1/24/07, 05:22 PM
GTR Member

Makes me wanna . That **** ain't right. You should have given him like 3 seconds to get the **** out of there
Old 1/24/07, 06:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by mvon919
That sucks... kevinb's story reminds me... think it was summer 2004 I was sitting in McD having my burger and my GSX-R1000 K3 was outside. Along comes asian family, mom, dad, 2 kids... they stop looking at my bike and the dad decides to lift one of his little ones sitting on my bike! My burger got me choked, ran outside and kindly as I could, asked the guy to what the F he's doing... "Take the kid off my bike now..." Guy went numb, probably sh*tted his pants, but his wife started to yell me, "You racist! You racist! I call cops... blah blah blah..." I'm no racist, but next time I'll kick a$$ whoever I see touches my property, no matter what race he/she represents.
I just never understood the bike phenomenon myself. I can't believe people consistently touch motorcycles. I always ask to sit on friend's motorcycles that I have ridden before, including ones I had to ride back from the dealer for them when they bought it. Funny thing is, if someone simply asked I would have no problem whatsoever with it 99% of the time. If they don't, I want to shoot them

But if you look at all the inconsiderate things people do it makes you sick. Even something like dumping McDonald's trash in someone's pickup-who do they think should actually have to clean up after them? I always blindly respect other human beings and their things as if they deserve it 100%unless they prove otherwise. Like I said, way too many people make it to (statistical) adulthood these days.
Old 1/24/07, 07:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by samckernan
Try to picture this:

It's 9:45PM and I'm going to this little strip mall. All the stores are closed except the one grocery store at the very end. I'm driving along the front of all the stores, at the opposite end from the grocery store. I'm not in one of the perpendicular rows where you acutally park. I come up behind this dude, that is doing ~3 miles per hour (I'm not exeggerating). He's looking left and right... playing with his radio or something. I'm like, what the heck is this guy doing. I thought he was a 90 year old man or something. I go around him and proceed down to the other end of the parking lot. I park the car, dig around in my jacket pocket (in the back seat) for my wallet, finally get out of the car and walk to the store. Two or three minutes have gone by, as I'm walking into the store, the dude finally get to the front of the store. I'm looking at him and visa versa. I thought it odd that he was looking at me.

So, was I suppose to drive from one end of the parking lot behind this twit in slo-mo, or go around? I realize, I only saved maybe two minutes.

If the dude had a problem with me why didn't he say something to me face to face. Because he was a coward, that's why.

When I looked out the front of the store window and saw the dude out there by the my car, I just knew he was screwing with it. Maybe it was foolish to confront the dude, but it was kind of an instinctual (is that a word) thing to do.

Maybe I shouldn't have went around him. Maybe I should have.

There are some weirdo's out there. Be careful.

Whatever...

Sam
I think the better question is, who does this guy think he is to hold up other people's lives because he can not function intelligently enough to multi-task or remember his destination. So everyone must wait because hes another dolt that should of been eaten by a bear by 14, yet unfortunately for everyone else around him he was preserved by modern science? His mentality is that he does not care for whom he inconveniences in life as to him they do not matter. He should of parked in a spot and carefully figured out where it was he was intending to go in the first place.
Old 1/24/07, 07:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's easy for me to say this because my car wasn't involved. But, my recommendation is to chill out and not risk an arrest for assault or something worse. What I had in my '96 (and I may install in my '05) was an aluminum panel with push button switches labeled "Machine Guns" and "Missle Launchers". It fit where the ash tray used to live. It helped a lot of times to flip the panel open and fire away

Quick Reply: What is with people...