Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What now?!?

Search this Thread

Old 5/7/05, 02:32 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took Ellie out for a lovely guitar hunt and lunch with my hubby today. I got off the interstate and she started making a tick noise from the front driver side. Annoying, because I ride with my window down.
We go to check out this Iron Rooster I want, and I ask him to drive her cause its annoying me and I want him to hear it.

He immediately informs me check this out- the steering wheel is very loose. Its going every which way but where he wants it to be. Hmm, but he can't hear the tick.

I have ran over no curbs, potholes or anything to account for wacky steering..So wtf is the tick, the tick is not the same as the popping noise and why did the steering go back to normal when I went back to driving? :bang: :bang: :bang:
Old 5/7/05, 02:43 PM
GT Member

Maybe the car was objecting to anyone driving her but you
Old 5/7/05, 02:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Wow that doesn't sound good. I have no idea on what it is, but hopefully it isnt anything too serious.
Old 5/7/05, 05:47 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Yea, She loves me. No unalign for me.

The frigging TICK TICK is driving me insane though. It's like chinese water torture.
Old 5/7/05, 05:51 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is there a stone stuck in the tread?
Old 5/7/05, 06:05 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by adrenalin@May 7, 2005, 5:54 PM
It isn't that kind of tick..I have had that one too many times in my alero and this is different.

It does it, then it doesn't do it. Sounds like a clock tick..mainly after I brake..

Tick..............................Tick............ ................................................Ti ck................................................ ..........Tick
Then it up and quits for a while. Could it go with the aggravating brake squeal from the same tire?

The alignment thing is puzzling me too, cause it doesn't do it for me. She might be Christine.
Old 5/7/05, 06:07 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

ONe a side note....
Ford musta opened the Mineral Grey six floodgate..I saw several of them today, and before have only seen the Grey Gt around me. Ha, maybe they are shying away from Yellow...
Even though Eleanors nick striped friend is out of Publix and back for sale- if you don't mind a U shaped nick in the passenger striping.
Old 5/7/05, 06:54 PM
GTR Member

that would make me mad if i were u, but i would bring it to ford and say its under warranty, fix it.
Old 5/7/05, 07:11 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by EleanorsMine+May 7, 2005, 7:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EleanorsMine @ May 7, 2005, 7:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-adrenalin@May 7, 2005, 5:54 PM
It isn't that kind of tick..I have had that one too many times in my alero and this is different.

It does it, then it doesn't do it. Sounds like a clock tick..mainly after I brake..

Tick..............................Tick............ ................................................Ti ck................................................ ..........Tick
Then it up and quits for a while. Could it go with the aggravating brake squeal from the same tire?

The alignment thing is puzzling me too, cause it doesn't do it for me. She might be Christine.
[/b][/quote]

Loose brake pad?

DOesn't account for the steering problem but .. . .
Old 5/7/05, 07:39 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
The famous "tick" could be heard when the engine was running idle or on low rpms and usually from the driver's side. It could be heard when driving or stopped. The ticking was cause by a low oil pressure on one side of the engine. The problem was corrected by replacing the defective cylinder head or its missing galley plug.

A ticking sound can also be a broken or loose brake pad as previously mentioned. There could also be something stuck on a wheel. Both instances are noticeable only when the car is being driven.

Another possibility in the radiator fan.
Old 5/7/05, 07:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 7, 2005, 2:35 PM
I took Ellie out for a lovely guitar hunt and lunch with my hubby today. I got off the interstate and she started making a tick noise from the front driver side. Annoying, because I ride with my window down.
We go to check out this Iron Rooster I want, and I ask him to drive her cause its annoying me and I want him to hear it.

He immediately informs me check this out- the steering wheel is very loose. Its going every which way but where he wants it to be. Hmm, but he can't hear the tick.

I have ran over no curbs, potholes or anything to account for wacky steering..So wtf is the tick, the tick is not the same as the popping noise and why did the steering go back to normal when I went back to driving? :bang: :bang: :bang:
hey if you window is down when it happens maybe its the seat belt flappin away in protest mine does that on the highway ?
Old 5/7/05, 07:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
or your son and hubby tapped a card inside the wheel like we do to our bycicle spokes ?
Old 5/7/05, 09:48 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Tick still there, had her out all night.
First thing Monday morning shes off to service. :bang: :bang: :bang:
Old 5/8/05, 03:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by GottaHaveIt@May 7, 2005, 8:56 PM
or your son and hubby tapped a card inside the wheel like we do to our bycicle spokes ?

Power steering assist cylinder acting up?

Maybe the anti-ticking module needs calibrating.
Have you checked the fluid in it?

I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.

Good luck and let us know what they find.
Old 5/8/05, 06:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 7, 2005, 2:35 PM
...He immediately informs me check this out- the steering wheel is very loose. Its going every which way but where he wants it to be...I rann over no curbs, potholes or anything to account for wacky steering...why did the steering go back to normal when I went back to driving?
I don't want to insult your DH's intelligence, but did he adjust the tilt on the steering wheel and not completely tighten down the lever before driving?
Old 5/8/05, 08:10 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by IWantMyNewGT+May 8, 2005, 6:54 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IWantMyNewGT @ May 8, 2005, 6:54 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine@May 7, 2005, 2:35 PM
...He immediately informs me check this out- the steering wheel is very loose. Its going every which way but where he wants it to be...I rann over no curbs, potholes or anything to account for wacky steering...why did the steering go back to normal when I went back to driving?
I don't want to insult your DH's intelligence, but did he adjust the tilt on the steering wheel and not completely tighten down the lever before driving?
[/b][/quote]

Nah he knows better than to touch the steering wheel. I have her right where I wanna. He drove it for like 5 minutes- he doesn't fit behind the wheel very well- he's too tall. Doesn't like to drive it.
Taking her in for (many) issues tomorrow..

I have them up in laundry list but:
1) hesitating during shifting(already took her in was told It was designed that way
2)Ticking
3)Pop noise when I put in reverse then park.
4)squealing like a pig brakes
Old 5/8/05, 09:06 AM

Do you have the A/C or Defroster on when this is happening? I had the same problem where i heard this click every 20 seconds no matter what i was doing, driving or idling. I took it in and Ford said it was the Air Conditioner compressor, they checked the other GT's on the lot and found they did the same exact thing. Whenever i have the Defroster or A/C on it does it.
Old 5/8/05, 09:10 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that's what warranties are for

Could be a wheel bearing as well
Old 5/8/05, 09:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Woodman0729@May 8, 2005, 10:09 AM
Do you have the A/C or Defroster on when this is happening? I had the same problem where i heard this click every 20 seconds no matter what i was doing, driving or idling. I took it in and Ford said it was the Air Conditioner compressor, they checked the other GT's on the lot and found they did the same exact thing. Whenever i have the Defroster or A/C on it does it.
I have the same tick. It is very annoying, so annoying that I make a point of driving with my AC off as much as possible. It's on my laundry list of annoyances to have checked out.
Old 5/8/05, 09:28 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Hope you get it all worked out April.