2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

What makes your S197 unique?

Search this Thread

Old 8/4/12, 01:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
@2k7gtcs: Thank you very much, this is really one of the nicest stangs I know.....
Old 8/4/12, 08:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
34031 miles and 5 years of pure fun

Name:  MustangManiaPokerRun096.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  153.8 KB
Old 8/4/12, 08:49 AM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
That last picture is awesome!
Old 8/4/12, 02:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel
Holy crud!
FWIW, I bought a new '88 GT and drove it really hard for 3 years. I know, I know, it doesn't have the power of the current V8's, but I got the need for speed out of my system. I topped it out a couple of time.

This one was just a keeper to remind me of my '70 and '88 whenever I want to chill in the garage away from the wifey :-)

Old 8/4/12, 02:34 PM
GTR Member

Wow dude. That's sh*ts cray.
Old 8/4/12, 03:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My car started as an '06 GT.

I began small with a C&L CAI and a tune from Brenspeed.

I hooked up with Chicane sport tuning in Torrance about two weeks after I took delivery of the Mustang. After a lot of research and visiting several shops I knew that Joe Gosinski was the kind of person I could trust with my car.

Over two years we became friends and I often went down to the shop and just hung out for the day and sometimes lent a hand with projects.

Joe and I came up with a concept for my car slowly. It started with a CDC ducktail spoiler.

After that I knew I wanted to make my car different from the rest so I looked at several body kits and finally decided on the Street Scene kit. I felt it looked relatively stock and gave the car just a little something extra.

Then we started looking at wheels. And finally came up with the Ford GT wheel. I picked the Stoptech brakes Joe thought the Brembo's were a better choice but we didn't always agree on everything

I liked the Stoptech because it was used on the Roush and Saleen Mustangs and thought it was a better fit than the Brembos... in any case there you have it.

Soon after I added a Saleen aluminum hood. We looked at other aftermarket hoods, but I wanted to stay away from fiberglass.

After the hood I knew I needed more power so Joe and I decided on the Saleen supercharger.

After he put the blower in, the car was a whole new beast.

My car stayed that way for a long while, actually for the rest of the time I lived in Los Angeles. Then I moved to Texas and after trying to get Joe to have some Chicane badges made up he finally did it about a year later and sent me a badge in the mail, which was a really nice surprise.

Not long after that I got greedy and upped the boost on my car. Two weeks later I fried the clutch and three clutches later I bent a valve and that was that.

I found a good deal on a GT500 engine and pulled the trigger.

What came next was a complete GT500 drivetrain... exhaust, 6-speed transmission, etc.

I also replaced the factory seats with GT500 seats, replaced the gauges with the GT500 gauges and also replaced the steering wheel with the GT500 steering wheel and added the 2012 GT500 PP suspension.

Shortly after my GT's transformation with the GT500 drivetrain, my friend Joe was killed in his shop on Christmas eve.

I never got to show him my car with the new engine. I never got to talk to him about what might come next. I can't call him to say "hi" anymore, and whoever killed him is still out there unpunished for his murder.

I'm now waiting for my new TVS supercharger to arrive back from polishing to install. I'm also going to be adding custom sill plates that denote the car as a Chicane-built car. It will have Joe's Chicane logo and my name next to his emblem... I think he would like that.

Here are some pictures of the car from start to finish.
And here is his reward fund if anyone would like to donate to help find his killer.

http://bcmcmustang.homestead.com/SC4.html

Last edited by Imatk; 8/4/12 at 03:51 PM.
Old 8/4/12, 04:41 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Imatk
your car has a really unique story. it was very interesting. the only thing thats not cool is about your friend Joe. he sounds like he was a great guy, and i find it real awesome that you have dedicated your project to him. on top of that your car has turned out beautiful. those brakes look amazing behind those wheels!!!
Old 8/4/12, 07:26 PM
Bullitt Member

A couple of quick pics of my '07 GT / CS. It is my daily driver with 82k and i just love to drive it....Gotta Love A Stang
Attached Thumbnails What makes your S197 unique?-misc-2010-153.jpg   What makes your S197 unique?-misc-2010-159.jpg  
Old 8/4/12, 08:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pilatti1
A couple of quick pics of my '07 GT / CS. It is my daily driver with 82k and i just love to drive it....Gotta Love A Stang
Having done Mustang cruises with Mr Pillati multiple times, I can vouch for the flawless cleanliness of his beautiful GT/CS. If he didn't admit 82K, people would probably assume it was a rarely driven garage queen.

A pre-cruise shot from earlier this year:

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 8/4/12 at 08:25 PM.
Old 8/4/12, 08:02 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert

Having done Mustang cruises with Mr Pillati multiple times, I can vouch for the flawless cleanliness of his beautiful GT/CS. If he didn't admit 82K, people would probably assume it was a rarely driven garage queen.

I LOVE the red, white, & blue!
Old 8/4/12, 08:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

I LOVE the red, white, & blue!
I have to admit when I got to the pre-cruise meeting point (the other two cars were already there) I parked on the left end for just that reason...
Old 8/4/12, 08:15 PM
GTR Member

I have to admit when I got to the pre-cruise meeting point (the other two cars were already there) I parked on the left end for just that reason...
It's EFFING awesome
Old 8/4/12, 08:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

It's EFFING awesome
Thanks Added a couple more shots for ya.
Old 8/4/12, 08:35 PM
GTR Member

Thanks Added a couple more shots for ya.
Thanks I saved them all!!!
Old 8/5/12, 04:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Paul - I do love to keep my cars clean kind of a hobby or maybe OCD not sure which.. If only I could be as talented as Torch_Vert to make my GT/CS as fast as his and such a nice looking car as well

Last edited by pilatti1; 8/5/12 at 05:18 AM.
Old 8/5/12, 06:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Imatk

I began small with a C&L CAI and a tune from Brenspeed.

I hooked up with Chicane sport tuning in Torrance about two weeks after I took delivery of the Mustang. After a lot of research and visiting several shops I knew that Joe Gosinski was the kind of person I could trust with my car.

Over two years we became friends and I often went down to the shop and just hung out for the day and sometimes lent a hand with projects.

Joe and I came up with a concept for my car slowly. It started with a CDC ducktail spoiler.

After that I knew I wanted to make my car different from the rest so I looked at several body kits and finally decided on the Street Scene kit. I felt it looked relatively stock and gave the car just a little something extra.

Then we started looking at wheels. And finally came up with the Ford GT wheel. I picked the Stoptech brakes Joe thought the Brembo's were a better choice but we didn't always agree on everything

I liked the Stoptech because it was used on the Roush and Saleen Mustangs and thought it was a better fit than the Brembos... in any case there you have it.

Soon after I added a Saleen aluminum hood. We looked at other aftermarket hoods, but I wanted to stay away from fiberglass.

After the hood I knew I needed more power so Joe and I decided on the Saleen supercharger.

After he put the blower in, the car was a whole new beast.

My car stayed that way for a long while, actually for the rest of the time I lived in Los Angeles. Then I moved to Texas and after trying to get Joe to have some Chicane badges made up he finally did it about a year later and sent me a badge in the mail, which was a really nice surprise.

Not long after that I got greedy and upped the boost on my car. Two weeks later I fried the clutch and three clutches later I bent a valve and that was that.

I found a good deal on a GT500 engine and pulled the trigger.

What came next was a complete GT500 drivetrain... exhaust, 6-speed transmission, etc.

I also replaced the factory seats with GT500 seats, replaced the gauges with the GT500 gauges and also replaced the steering wheel with the GT500 steering wheel and added the 2012 GT500 PP suspension.

Shortly after my GT's transformation with the GT500 drivetrain, my friend Joe was killed in his shop on Christmas eve.

I never got to show him my car with the new engine. I never got to talk to him about what might come next. I can't call him to say "hi" anymore, and whoever killed him is still out there unpunished for his murder.

I'm now waiting for my new TVS supercharger to arrive back from polishing to install. I'm also going to be adding custom sill plates that denote the car as a Chicane-built car. It will have Joe's Chicane logo and my name next to his emblem... I think he would like that.

Here are some pictures of the car from start to finish.
And here is his reward fund if anyone would like to donate to help find his killer.

http://bcmcmustang.homestead.com/SC4.html

This is really unique incredible
Old 8/6/12, 07:49 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks guys
Old 8/6/12, 12:01 PM
Cobra Member

What's unique about mine? Most everything

Check out my garage for a list of everything I've done.

Name:  WWPS.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  71.7 KB
Side scoops have been removed

Name:  sIMG_2326.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  90.9 KB
Hydro-carbon Plenum cover has been added

Name:  wDSC_5635.jpg
Views: 1000
Size:  111.0 KB
Ford Carbon Fiber Dash has been added
Old 8/6/12, 01:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ur car looks great!!
Old 8/6/12, 03:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dbranham gave me the idea!!!
Love these cars but wouldn't trade my 96 for one. Would take one of each any day

Quick Reply: What makes your S197 unique?