Sponsored by:

What to do!

Search this Thread

Old 10/3/04, 09:04 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok-
You all know I drive my alero because I have to.
My husband has(d) a 1986 Bronco which we were supposed to restore- and have been doing constantly since we got it in 2001. Problem being, no matter how many engines and transmissions we put in it- we can't make it work. Friday it peed the bed. I think its something with the cooling system- fluid keeps on pouring out the bottom no matter what.

Dilemma:
More than anything on earth I want my car(yesterday)

Bigger Dilemma:
Husband needs good vehicle to get to work and job sites in.....He drives all over the east coast and bammy for work.

He needs a new vehicle worse than I need my car. Although granted I will have nightmares if its denied to me. He can NOT possibly use a 2005 mustang for a work vehicle because it would have 500 or more miles a week stuck on it and be ugly and ruined. WHAT DO I DO????????
HE would take an older mustang, if it were a convertible. Do I scout the 04 clearance sales and save my butt off for my car? Or do we get him some vehicle now and have to be sad and wait for an 06?

Other than the coolant puking- the bronco is a great thing- anyone wanna buy it? We have about 8k invested above the selling price. Proceeds will go to the Mustang funds.
Old 10/3/04, 09:20 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

PLEASE give me advice- I don't know whether to pee or go blind! He hates my car so giving it to him for work is out! Two car payments doesn't appeal to me, even though its doable.
Old 10/3/04, 09:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@October 3, 2004, 9:07 AM
Ok-
You all know I drive my alero because I have to.
My husband has(d) a 1986 Bronco which we were supposed to restore- and have been doing constantly since we got it in 2001. Problem being, no matter how many engines and transmissions we put in it- we can't make it work. Friday it peed the bed. I think its something with the cooling system- fluid keeps on pouring out the bottom no matter what.

Dilemma:
More than anything on earth I want my car(yesterday)

Bigger Dilemma:
Husband needs good vehicle to get to work and job sites in.....He drives all over the east coast and bammy for work.

He needs a new vehicle worse than I need my car. Although granted I will have nightmares if its denied to me. He can NOT possibly use a 2005 mustang for a work vehicle because it would have 500 or more miles a week stuck on it and be ugly and ruined. WHAT DO I DO????????
HE would take an older mustang, if it were a convertible. Do I scout the 04 clearance sales and save my butt off for my car? Or do we get him some vehicle now and have to be sad and wait for an 06?

Other than the coolant puking- the bronco is a great thing- anyone wanna buy it? We have about 8k invested above the selling price. Proceeds will go to the Mustang funds.
April,

Wife sends this pitiful message to you after 35 years experience...... God love ya... wife says April; I guess yull have to bite the bullett AGAIN this time, since HONEY seems to need a newer vehicle... better to have a HAPPY honey, than a SULKING one!!!!!!

Go Figure... TOYS FOR BIG BOYS !!!!
Old 10/3/04, 09:25 AM
Queen Of Nascar

lol.....Sell the Bronco, sell the Alero, buy him a Explorer at one of the deals going on right now and you a new Mustang or give him the Alero and trade the Bronco in on a new Mustang for You. Either way you get the Mustang.

Seriously, you have a dilemma. I hope it works out for you.
Old 10/3/04, 09:26 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

This just blows!
It isn't like we could share an 05- he doesn't drive to an office everyday. He does business phones and networking, he goes to job sites every day- Eleanor would be trashed. That would probably get us divorced- trying to share her.

He would go for an F-150 but I could get a cobra for that.
Old 10/3/04, 09:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

If he's going to put that many miles on per month, I'd get him a used vehicle with 2030k on it. If you're stuck on going new, get him the escape hybrid and put the gas savings towards the mustang fund. Sounds fair to me, he gets a new vehicle, but he has to get one that gets good mileage to save on the gas.... My first choice would be to go used.

Jason
Old 10/3/04, 09:32 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Would he go for an Explorer. The interest rate is great right now and you should be able to get really low payments thus making 2 car payments more affordable?

April,

you've got mail. I sent you a PM,

Hope this helps,

Peace
Willfulone
Mach 1 Member

April,
If he hates your Alero, let him take it to work, and put the miles on it. [cheap on gas]. 1st problem fixed!

Sell the Bronco. You say nothing but problems anyway! 2nd problem fixed!

Buy your 05! 3rd problem fixed!

Now you have no problems!
Old 10/3/04, 09:45 AM
Cobra Member

Fix the coolant, even if it costs a few hundred. That would be cheaper than buying a new car.

You have probably arleady thought of this though, jus saying it if you havent.
Old 10/3/04, 10:08 AM
Cobra Member

Radman- The actual gas savings vs. buying the Escape Hybrid would not actually offset the additional costs for like 3 years...
Old 10/3/04, 11:24 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Badandy@October 3, 2004, 10:48 AM
Fix the coolant, even if it costs a few hundred. That would be cheaper than buying a new car.

You have probably arleady thought of this though, jus saying it if you havent.
Been there, done that. Not going back. Selling it and using the proceeds for another vehicle.
I think we are going to bandaid it, buy a used mustang vert for him and get Eleanor a little later than planned. It won't kill me, it will just make me stronger. Solved problem #2 also- a 4 year old car with 140k miles a dealer won't touch on trade in, and it has another year till payoff.
Old 10/3/04, 01:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@October 3, 2004, 1:27 PM
Solved problem #2 also- a 4 year old car with 140k miles a dealer won't touch on trade in, and it has another year till payoff.
can you say OUCH!!!!
Old 10/3/04, 01:56 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by HUGLE+October 3, 2004, 2:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HUGLE @ October 3, 2004, 2:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine@October 3, 2004, 1:27 PM
Solved problem #2 also- a 4 year old car with 140k miles a dealer won't touch on trade in, and it has another year till payoff.
can you say OUCH!!!! [/b][/quote]
Two years of living 1,000 miles from nowhere will do it to ya.

And I love a good road trip.

This is the first and last car that will ever be done to.

On the bright side- its all brand new!
Old 10/3/04, 02:53 PM
GT Member

You could get him a 2002 2003 Taurus. They're good cars and they have little to no resale value so you can get a used one with low miles for cheap cheap cheap.
Old 10/4/04, 04:43 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Its the white elephant!
This ALWAYS happens! For the record: This is time #5 something has gotten messed up when its time to trade the old car for a mustang.

Yea, He needs a new vehicle or I won't have the $$$ to get my car. BUT he already promised this car to me, and he can get a under warranty used truck/thunderbird/camaro/mustang whatever hes thinking this second. Hades, the 04s are practically FREE right now.
Old 10/4/04, 05:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Badandy@October 3, 2004, 10:11 AM
Radman- The actual gas savings vs. buying the Escape Hybrid would not actually offset the additional costs for like 3 years...
I was just figuring that if they were going to buy a new car anyways, might as well get one that gets good mileage and is still useful.

Jason
Old 10/4/04, 05:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hang in there April! It will all work out in the end!