2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

What A Day.......

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/05, 11:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

What a day I've had so far, lets see what has happened........

Bad News: Well, my NEW Shaker System, is not working AGAIN!!! Meaning the CD Player is not working, but this time it continue's to say "READING DISC" but never spits it out. Tried other CD's same thing! I think I'm ready to get rid of this Shaker Head Unit, "Anyone Know of Any Other Good Units that Will Fit My Exisitng Hole in the Dash, possibly a flip up monitor one with like a DVD, MP3, Satellite Radio Combo?????

The other bad news, driving back to work from lunch break, stopped at the Wawa on Rt38 in Lumberton to get some gas. Guy fills up the tank and it stops at 23.18. So what does he do, pumps it to 24! Without noticing, he stops and stares for like 5 seconds, throws the nozzle back on the pump and runs to the booth and telling me he'll be right back don't leave as he passes me. I get out of the car. 50 to 80 cents of gasoline ALL OVER MY QUARTER PANEL!!!! I'm not talkin just a lil river, I'm talkin the whole quarter panel filled with it!! I was pissed. He came back out with one paper towel and handed it to me, I said, I'm not cleanin it you did it!!! And while ur at it, give me 10 bucks! "I'm sorry he said?" Yea, give me 10 bucks cause I'm goin to the car wash for gas u spilled over my car! He went and got the manager. Manager came out, said whats the problem? Told him what happened, he had this thumb up his butt about getting me 10 bucks and finally just walked into the building and gave me the 10 bucks along with a free card for a free fill up again. Which was nice, but it took me forever to get the darn car washed cause all the darn car washes were packed!

Good News:

I saw a fellow 05 Mustang on the road today for the first time! V6er! Very nice, windevil blue, looked nice, first time I saw that color in person. Saw him on 541 in Lumberton as I was going to get gas, both of us wavin and honkin horns! It was cool! Thats about the only good news I have.....

But back to the other part, anyone know about those head units????
Old 1/13/05, 12:05 PM
Cobra Member

That to bad to hear about the shaker. Everytime I see something about it not working I'm happy that I decided to go after market. Oh, and all I know about the head unit is the "READING DISC" error is common and Ford might be working on it.

Remember not to light a match until you get your car washed.
Old 1/13/05, 12:23 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do a search - I know there are a few recent (within a week) threads about the Shaker problems. I am pretty positive Ford knows somewthing is UP with these units and addressing the problem. I will be doing some investigating on my end too as I am getting the wacky '5 second song rewind' thing lately. That reading disc thing sounds like a prob with the laser - are these store bought CDs or burns?.....

And darn -sometimes I miss livin in Jersey but when it comes to fill ups and the new ride, I am SO glad no one touches the car except me. I would have gone ballistic too - way to get some cash off that nitwit too for your trouble - nicely done! I'd stay away from that station and Jethro the Gas Pumper in the future though, free fill up card or no....
Old 1/13/05, 12:38 PM
Cobra Member

This is one time you'd of wished your car had the fuel filling cutoff problem others are reporting.
Old 1/13/05, 12:51 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think I need my wife to read some of these posts. I am getting sick of the Shaker head unit issues as well. I never wanted to replace it but I bet ya when the weather starts to get nice and I can drive around with the windows down I'll get pretty upset everytime the cd backtracks or ejects for no reason. Hmmmm, need to think about this one...body kit or head unit.... :bang:
Old 1/13/05, 07:42 PM

I know there is a Kenwood Navi Unit that fits...

Goto http://www.crutchfield.com to find some that fit double DIN, then look for better prices then Crutchfield.
Old 1/13/05, 07:50 PM
Cobra Member

Looks like all Crutchfield has thats double-DIN is:

Kenwood DPX-MP4070
CD/MP3/WMA/cassette receiver
and they even want $349 for the darn thing...
Old 1/13/05, 08:56 PM

You took your new Mustang through the Car Wash?

Scratch city...

OUCH!
Old 1/13/05, 09:42 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My shakers screwed. I gave up on it and went to (gasp!) FM! BRAND new boston cd- never been OUT of the cd player from the time I bought it.......Sounds like r2d2.. All my others too! :bang:

On the bright side- the dealer I bought from doesn't do factory Redos- they send you to the real car shop for aftermarket, costs them less they say.

Did I hear FULL SERVICE gas correctly? WOW!
Old 1/13/05, 10:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Kenwood double Din video monitor, nav system and Sirius tuner going in in two weeks.
See thread from sqweak. Same set-up as him. Head unit replacement only.
And yes we have problems with our Shaker 500.
Old 1/13/05, 11:12 PM
Cobra R Member

That's why i'm glad I live in the 'pump your own' Washington.
Old 1/14/05, 05:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Maverick .. Sorry to hear about your misfortune with the Shaker. What are the
odds that you get two completely malfunctioning units? Also, sorry to hear
about the Gas Jockey spilling the gas .. it says 'Do Not Top Off' on the pump
for a reason!
Old 1/14/05, 06:08 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@January 13, 2005, 10:45 PM
On the bright side- the dealer I bought from doesn't do factory Redos- they send you to the real car shop for aftermarket, costs them less they say.

My point exactly - if the Shaker ends up being an NG (no good), my dealer WILL make things right by ensuring I have a dependable system in there... won;t settle for anything less.

[and YEAH, Jersey still has full service! Remember it as a kid up there, couldn't fathom anything else - and now years later as an adult (mostly! ), I can't NOT see pumping your own gas!]
Old 1/14/05, 06:11 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Its driving me mad-
FM radio here is REALLY bad- I can't even fill up the presets with decent stuff- total of 3 stations I would listen to. two alt. rock station twins, and one classic rock, the rest is soft rock and country. Yuk.
So I rely on my extensive collection of Cds- but It has officially embarassed me now- I was listening to it, windows down, redlight, and it rewound. If they don't work right for me, I am SOL. Thank goodness for warranties.
Old 1/14/05, 06:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

I live in NJ and I NEVER let anyone pump my gas for my Mustang or my Shelby (especially my Shelby, lol).
I rarely have a problem. They usually don't care - less work for them. Every now and then I'll get a stickler, but I just say fine. You pump. But first let, let me get out my digital camera and take pictures of my quarter panal. Then, after you scratch the paint, Ill take some more pictures and drag you to court for a $500 repaint of the quarter panal. They usually just stand aside and let me pump. If not, I'll go to the station up the road. There are tons of gas stations in NJ.