2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

!What the?!

Search this Thread

Old 3/10/05, 07:39 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by graphicguy+March 10, 2005, 6:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(graphicguy @ March 10, 2005, 6:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Skymaster0017@March 10, 2005, 6:07 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Boomer
@March 10, 2005, 3:45 PM
Your guessing....

Do you realize how many mustangs we as canada are allowed to get?
Per how many people?

We get way less allocation for the whole country than California alone....

Some dealers here get 1-2 a month...just as in the states.l

If you are facing the same problems of regional allocation ...then how can you still blame the dealers? Where did you go to get your car? I dont think I should have to go to Texas to order my Mustang. And that is the closest place I can go to get one quickly. How is that my dealers fault? Maybe they should have sold more 04's? Wait a minute....nobody wanted them because the 05 was coming out. I guess we should be penalized for that. :nono:

Granted, some dealers are dishonest and telling wicked lies. And that is not Fords fault. But some...and it appears that it is turning into most, is Fords fault for having an inadequate ordering system. Using the allocation process for firm orders is just stupid. :notnice:

BTW how long did you wait for your car? I ordered 11/23/04 Dora 11/23/04. There was only one order before me. I am still C/U. You still want to tell me it is the Dealers fault? Tell me how they or I can force Ford to pull my order and I will.... :worship:

I think everyone that has been waiting since 2004 will be anxious to see how to get their order pulled quicker!

Sky....if what you're saying is true, do you think it at all within the realm of possibility that your dealer is putting his stock orders ahead of your order? If your dealer had only two orders for a Muustang (you'rs being #2), you're stating that they only had one other car ordered in a 3 month period. I find that hard to believe if that's what your dealer is saying.
[/b][/quote]

We thought that as well. But since Ford didnt make any with IUP in Jan it sorta works out. Maybe they are putting their orders ahead of mine. But I haven't seen any GTs at all around STL, nor have I seen any appear on their web site for sale.

I dont understand why/how Ford can still justify Allocation issues with people that have been waiting for 4+ months. Yet they still give someone in Texas a build date before us who ordered in Feb. We have a priorty of 10. So we cant get any higher and that is the way it has been since day 1. The order has been to Ford since 11/23/04. Supply and Demand my hiney! They just need to build the cars that are already ordered! I am a die hard Mustang fan. But every additional day I get screwed, the more I want to say FORD. I will just keep my money and use it to fix up my 66. I dont want to give up yet being this close. But they are pushing me closer everyday.
Old 3/10/05, 08:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Skymaster0017+March 10, 2005, 8:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skymaster0017 @ March 10, 2005, 8:42 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by graphicguy@March 10, 2005, 6:28 PM
Originally posted by Skymaster0017@March 10, 2005, 6:07 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Boomer
@March 10, 2005, 3:45 PM
Your guessing....

Do you realize how many mustangs we as canada are allowed to get?
Per how many people?

We get way less allocation for the whole country than California alone....

Some dealers here get 1-2 a month...just as in the states.l

If you are facing the same problems of regional allocation ...then how can you still blame the dealers? Where did you go to get your car? I dont think I should have to go to Texas to order my Mustang. And that is the closest place I can go to get one quickly. How is that my dealers fault? Maybe they should have sold more 04's? Wait a minute....nobody wanted them because the 05 was coming out. I guess we should be penalized for that. :nono:

Granted, some dealers are dishonest and telling wicked lies. And that is not Fords fault. But some...and it appears that it is turning into most, is Fords fault for having an inadequate ordering system. Using the allocation process for firm orders is just stupid. :notnice:

BTW how long did you wait for your car? I ordered 11/23/04 Dora 11/23/04. There was only one order before me. I am still C/U. You still want to tell me it is the Dealers fault? Tell me how they or I can force Ford to pull my order and I will.... :worship:

I think everyone that has been waiting since 2004 will be anxious to see how to get their order pulled quicker!

Sky....if what you're saying is true, do you think it at all within the realm of possibility that your dealer is putting his stock orders ahead of your order? If your dealer had only two orders for a Muustang (you'rs being #2), you're stating that they only had one other car ordered in a 3 month period. I find that hard to believe if that's what your dealer is saying.

We thought that as well. But since Ford didnt make any with IUP in Jan it sorta works out. Maybe they are putting their orders ahead of mine. But I haven't seen any GTs at all around STL, nor have I seen any appear on their web site for sale.

I dont understand why/how Ford can still justify Allocation issues with people that have been waiting for 4+ months. Yet they still give someone in Texas a build date before us who ordered in Feb. We have a priorty of 10. So we cant get any higher and that is the way it has been since day 1. The order has been to Ford since 11/23/04. Supply and Demand my hiney! They just need to build the cars that are already ordered! I am a die hard Mustang fan. But every additional day I get screwed, the more I want to say FORD. I will just keep my money and use it to fix up my 66. I dont want to give up yet being this close. But they are pushing me closer everyday.
[/b][/quote]

The problem with building customer orders only is that it is possible that a person might have gone to more than 1 dealership, hoping to get whichever one came in first. Also, every dealer would stamp someone's name on their stock orders to get them built first, so you'd be right back in the same situation you are in.
Old 3/10/05, 09:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think 100% on convertible just means, If you order a convertible this month then it will be scheduled before any coupe that is ordered this month. I don't think it means that your order will be put off unless you are just now ordering a coupe. Karpro where are you?