2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

!What the?!

Search this Thread

Old 3/10/05, 02:24 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Boomer@March 10, 2005, 1:58 PM
Its funny...
I see lots of cars coming in record times and some not.

Go look at the fastest turnaround time thread.

You'll see people are getting cars NO problem within a given time frame.
Some are not.

I'll tell you for FACT...that 80% of the reason why people don't have their cars is complete BS on dealers behalf.

I had conversations with 5 dealerships who all fed me crap, and I walked away. The bad dealers can SMELL how badly you want this car...and they KNOW its a given sale.
You'd be suprised how much BS they can dish out, and you'll take if 'you' (being general here, not at any memeber) aren't smart enough to walk away.

Is the production/allocation model perfect? No way.
However, its worked in the past....and you see the downside of it, when you want a car that is in HIGH demand. Look back at the cruiser...the s2000...

Ask Karpo or Kev....they are straight up salesguys.

Think you'd have these problems if you were ordering an 04?
Noooooooooooooo

It seems easy for anyone in Texas, the coast and I guess Canada to say it is the dealers fault when you have no problem getting a car. We in the Midwest seem to be getting screwed direct from FORD. Our dealers cant get them because they keep shipping most of them else where. How is that our Dealers fault? After all they can only tell us what Ford tells them.
Old 3/10/05, 02:42 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Your guessing....

Do you realize how many mustangs we as canada are allowed to get?
Per how many people?

We get way less allocation for the whole country than California alone....

Some dealers here get 1-2 a month...just as in the states.

I guarentee you...in 2 years...when supply catches up with demand, as demand goes down...you'll be able to get a car in 6-8 weeks with regularity.

As stated before... do you think with the same model that was used in previous years, that you'd have the same 'issue'?
No why not? because the demand wasn't there.

And its not Ford...to ford if the car is on the lot or the driveway, its a sold unit to them.

One dealer tried to get me on 'Your trade in value isn't determined till the car comes in', another 'pay 5000 up front and you can have the first 05 that comes in (not asking once what I wanted in the car) and a third was willing to give me 3,000 below what my car was actually worth, stating it was 'a good bargain'
all of this AFTER stating I was eligable for XPlan.

The scum dealers will try ANYTHING to make it look like you'll get your car etc.
If you order it, its pretty much a set buy right?

Me as Mr.Scumbag, can yank your chain. (hoping that for the 90% of people that I normally deal with, I can get away with it)
If you leave, he'll still get the car, and still make the sale, whether you think you're screwing him outta the sale or not. Money is money. And scumbag dealers give the good ones a bad name. Even if you think your dealer is doing whats in your best interest.......
Old 3/10/05, 02:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by markski74@March 10, 2005, 11:48 AM
That is a little different from what I was told this week. My dealer told me that Ford would not pick up any GT orders for this month because they were focusing on V6 models.

This sounds like crap cause there seems to be a glut of v6s out there sitting around at the moment. The lines these guys come up with...I tell ya.

Old 3/10/05, 02:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, in the KC region there are 300+ dealers and they get allotted 60 GTs per month. That is not good math. I'm sure my dealer is responsible....
Old 3/10/05, 02:57 PM
I Have No Life

Depending on previous record of selling mustangs etc, then yes...it could be the dealers fault.

Ford allocates based on previous sales.
Want more allocation? Sell more and then it goes up.

Remember, bosses won't give you a raise if you slack off.
They'll give you a raise if you work hard, or if you produce more.

Its not fair to give the slacker a raise and the hard working guy bupkiss....

'Well if I go elsewhere, I'm stickin it to ford'
We are just but a drop in the pool of mustang owners.

Someone will be there to take your place in line, or you'll be back because you want the car.

Like Karpo said...the system has its flaws....but its there for a reason....
Like it or not.
Old 3/10/05, 03:04 PM
Cobra Member

Kind of hard to sell more if you are limited by your allocation.
D48

I truly don't believe that my dealer is completely blameless in this mess, but from posts from other people in this region, the stories agree. I do hold Ford mostly responsible for this fiasco. :bang:
V6 Member

Smile

Originally posted by Boomer@March 10, 2005, 3:45 PM
Your guessing....

Per how many people?

Some dealers here get 1-2 a month...just as in the states.l
If you are facing the same problems of regional allocation ...then how can you still blame the dealers? Where did you go to get your car? I dont think I should have to go to Texas to order my Mustang. And that is the closest place I can go to get one quickly. How is that my dealers fault? Maybe they should have sold more 04's? Wait a minute....nobody wanted them because the 05 was coming out. I guess we should be penalized for that. :nono:

Granted, some dealers are dishonest and telling wicked lies. And that is not Fords fault. But some...and it appears that it is turning into most, is Fords fault for having an inadequate ordering system. Using the allocation process for firm orders is just stupid. :notnice:

BTW how long did you wait for your car? I ordered 11/23/04 Dora 11/23/04. There was only one order before me. I am still C/U. You still want to tell me it is the Dealers fault? Tell me how they or I can force Ford to pull my order and I will.... :worship:

I think everyone that has been waiting since 2004 will be anxious to see how to get their order pulled quicker!
Old 3/10/05, 03:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

I know for a fact that my dealer put his one and only GT order ahead of me....

Oh wait, that order was ME.
Old 3/10/05, 03:09 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My build Date got pushed back to the 28th from the 14th. The rumor might be true about the verts being built this month?
Old 3/10/05, 03:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well since my car was made March 4th and it is not a convertible let me just say this:

Old 3/10/05, 03:20 PM
I Have No Life

I agree....it sucks that to sell more, you'd have to prove your worth and get more....thats between the dealership and their regional manager.
But things like this don't happen over night....
and in the end, ford can only produce SO many cars.

I got mine in 5 weeks from a dealer who was straight up with me.
I talked to 5 prior, who I knew were jerkin me around...one was a friend. Which proved to me that money talks.... (that hurt the most)
I landed up going 200km outta my way for a great dealer....
Did it depend on allocation? timing (time of year/weather conditions)?
Absolutely.

If people avoided the 04 (and keep in mind, that not alot of people knew about the 05...we are enthusiasts, we know everything about whens/wheres) you now have more demand.

Me as a company, COULD spend millions of dollars to revamp a line to up production to please all these people....but why would I...knowing full well that the demand will come down...and I'll be over producing!?!?

Lets go through it again,
Supply VS demand....

Supply is low, because demand is HIGH...
couple that with some dealer BS and you have the situation we have today.

Does it suck? Yes, and I feel for you guys/gals out there who don't have a car yet.
If it were a perfect world, enthusiaists would get their cars first...but its not.
Blamestorming isn't going to get things done any quicker.
Old 3/10/05, 03:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

To be honest, if this is the biggest thing I have to complain about, I probably have it pretty well off. Some people probably can't afford the car and would give a lot to be in my shoes. Makes me feel kinda selfish actually.

But... DAMMIT...I WANT MY CAR!!!!
Old 3/10/05, 03:33 PM
I Have No Life

Brother I know how ya feel.

I thought it would get easier as time passed....

I guess the one thng we can all say is....
You'll get one, it may take some time...but you'll get one.

I remember GhostTiger telling me a story about how his car was built and sitting at the factory for months (6 if I can remember correctly)

We are just so used to things being done QUICKLY nowadays...
Old 3/10/05, 03:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok just talked to the GM and he said the dealer misquoted and it is 100% for this week only for pulled orders. So he said no GT's would be pulled tonight. Maybe that is just the southwest region, or just my dealer, he really does not know I guess. I don't know but it is just frustrating that the lines of communication between dealer and buyer are not so good. Very frustrating.... :bang:
Old 3/10/05, 04:05 PM
FR500 Member

if anything they should move on GT orders since its the most backed up
Old 3/10/05, 04:55 PM
Bullitt Member

[quote=markski74,March 10, 2005, 11:48 AM]That is a little different from what I was told this week. My dealer told me that Ford would not pick up any GT orders for this month because they were focusing on V6 models.

Originally Posted by 97svtgoin05gt,March 10, 2005, 3:49 PM
This sounds like crap cause there seems to be a glut of v6s out there sitting around at the moment. The lines these guys come up with...I tell ya.

I agree about the glut of V6's. All the dealerships in my area have numerous ones on the lot.

The Sales Manager explained it to me this way: The way Ford determines which cars to build depends on the model and the options. He said for the next couple of weeks they are producing mostly V6 models (according to his Ford rep). He didn't specify what % of those would be verts but my guess is that it is probably fairly high because Ford wants to have enough on the lots in time for spring. He also stated that every dealership essentially is competing with one another on a national level and then again at a regional and local level as determined by overall regional and dealer allotments.

My dealership has the highest allotment in my area. This should help, theoretically. I did not get the impression he was screwing with me. He even told me that he does not get emotionally involved in selling them. He said it makes no difference to him if someone else is willing to pay MSRP (I am X-plan). Whichever order is next is the one that will be built. He told me to check back in a couple of weeks. Of course, this could all be a clever Jedi mind trick.

:jedi:
Old 3/10/05, 05:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well that is good news for the small contingent of us that have V6's on order. I wish I was in a region that had a lot of V6's on the lot because there are none out here in the Northwest.
Old 3/10/05, 05:25 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Skymaster0017+March 10, 2005, 6:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skymaster0017 @ March 10, 2005, 6:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Boomer@March 10, 2005, 3:45 PM
Your guessing....

Per how many people?

Some dealers here get 1-2 a month...just as in the states.l
If you are facing the same problems of regional allocation ...then how can you still blame the dealers? Where did you go to get your car? I dont think I should have to go to Texas to order my Mustang. And that is the closest place I can go to get one quickly. How is that my dealers fault? Maybe they should have sold more 04's? Wait a minute....nobody wanted them because the 05 was coming out. I guess we should be penalized for that. :nono:

Granted, some dealers are dishonest and telling wicked lies. And that is not Fords fault. But some...and it appears that it is turning into most, is Fords fault for having an inadequate ordering system. Using the allocation process for firm orders is just stupid. :notnice:

BTW how long did you wait for your car? I ordered 11/23/04 Dora 11/23/04. There was only one order before me. I am still C/U. You still want to tell me it is the Dealers fault? Tell me how they or I can force Ford to pull my order and I will.... :worship:

I think everyone that has been waiting since 2004 will be anxious to see how to get their order pulled quicker!
[/b][/quote]

Sky....if what you're saying is true, do you think it at all within the realm of possibility that your dealer is putting his stock orders ahead of your order? If your dealer had only two orders for a Muustang (you'rs being #2), you're stating that they only had one other car ordered in a 3 month period. I find that hard to believe if that's what your dealer is saying.
Old 3/10/05, 06:27 PM

Seems a little suspicious to here all the different stories dealers are passing on about why our GT coupes are not getting built. My said it was the small dealers needing to get their allocations, so I'm on hold for 45 days! Now I may get my car in June! Wonder what the real story is???