2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

!What the?!

Search this Thread

Old 3/10/05, 10:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Talked to dealer today and now he says, NOT GOOD NEWS FOR THE COUPE PEOPLE. FORD HAS LISTED COMMODITIES AS 100% CONVERTIBLE FOR MONTH OF MARCH.

Am I ever going to see my coupe????

Ford screwed this up bad!!
Old 3/10/05, 10:29 AM
V6 Member

stinks for you dude. (Sweet for me )
Old 3/10/05, 10:39 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow! So are they really going to just make verts for the whole month of March?

I find that hard to believe, and I'm kind of concerned since mine is supposed to be built in March.....
Old 3/10/05, 10:42 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Arrow

Ford screwed up bad because the car has high demand?

Rrrrrrrrright.

If you don't have a car, its because of the dealer.....whether because they bit off and tried to sell more than they can aquire, based on previous records/units, or messing you around.

Everytime anyone is pissed off, they ALWAYS blame ford...
Get over it.

Welcome to supply and demand.
Old 3/10/05, 10:43 AM
Cobra Member

I'm pretty sure they are not producing 100% convertibles. Sounds like more excuses from a dealership looking to push the blame onto someone else.
Old 3/10/05, 10:45 AM
Bullitt Member

That is a little different from what I was told this week. My dealer told me that Ford would not pick up any GT orders for this month because they were focusing on V6 models.
Old 3/10/05, 10:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'll wait for Karpro's weekly commodity post before believing something liek this. Something about it stinks to me.

Here is his last report: Linky

That shows commodities for Verts at 37% which already makes your dealer a liar for saying the month of March will be Verts only.

Old 3/10/05, 10:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by markski74@March 10, 2005, 11:48 AM
That is a little different from what I was told this week. My dealer told me that Ford would not pick up any GT orders for this month because they were focusing on V6 models.
I was told the same thing by my dealership (fortunately I wanted a V6). However, they did say that getting a GT Vert wasn't a problem. My dealership is decent sized but I'm guessing they don't have a ton of allocations for the Mustang so they are only ordering what they know they can get. I think their district manager also told them that ordering a GT Coupe now would never make it to production due to the backlog of exisiting orders.
Old 3/10/05, 11:05 AM
Bullitt Member

[quote=Boomer,March 10, 2005, 12:45 PM]

Rrrrrrrrright.

Yeah, RIGHT is RIGHT! They screwed up! Making just convertibles for an entire month is absurd! They never should have gotten themselves into this position. Poorly run company, as always. It's been 22 years since I've owned a Ford, thought I'd come back, give them the benefit of the doubt, but I can see why the imports are kicking their butts. Poorly run, poorly managed, cocky salesmen in dealerships, etc. etc. etc.
Old 3/10/05, 11:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by markski74@March 10, 2005, 11:48 AM

I like the sound of that

Considering what my signature says
Old 3/10/05, 11:23 AM
V6 Member

I hope not to offend anyone But I hope there is some truth to this rumor. I ordered a V-6 convertible.
Old 3/10/05, 11:24 AM
GT Member

Hooray for us vert hunters!
Old 3/10/05, 11:27 AM
Bullitt Member

[quote=kcrw898,March 10, 2005, 12:08 PM]
Originally Posted by Boomer,March 10, 2005, 12:45 PM

Rrrrrrrrright.

Yeah, RIGHT is RIGHT! They screwed up! Making just convertibles for an entire month is absurd! They never should have gotten themselves into this position. Poorly run company, as always. It's been 22 years since I've owned a Ford, thought I'd come back, give them the benefit of the doubt, but I can see why the imports are kicking their butts. Poorly run, poorly managed, cocky salesmen in dealerships, etc. etc. etc.
Do you guys always fly off the handle before you get the facts. This is all hear say of what a dealer is saying that is totally separate from Ford Motor Companny. Did Bill Ford or some rep from the Company come out in the news and say this I think not. forget the imports(I made it clean) Ford is a excellent company so for you to say that is way out of line especially when you don't have the facts. So just cancel your order and get a import you trader. I am sick and tired of everybody blaming Ford for what the dealer is saying. :angry: :notnice:
Old 3/10/05, 11:41 AM
V6 Member

I'm always suspect to what one dealer says Ford is doing. So I can agree that Ford shouldn't get bashed for something a single dealer might be saying until it can be confimed.

BUT...

Ford has done plenty to derserve a bad rap on this car. One reason dealers are dishing out lines about allotment, options and such is because Ford isn't being very clear with the dealers and (most importantly) customers. No, that doesn't justify the actions of some dealers but what is Ford doing to rectify this problem? Evidently "keep them in the dark" is a common answer.

But I won't cancel my order.
Old 3/10/05, 11:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just because the report says 100% means that they CAN order verts for 100% of their allocations, not that they HAVE to.
Old 3/10/05, 12:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

The only thing Ford has really screwed up so far is their projection of the take on the IUP which was originally what 30% and it ended up being closer to 80%? Apparenly the bean counters didn't take into account that

A) The car looks far better with IUP (Some folks don't like it or have to have it but the majority have stated that they want/need IUP).

B) IUP & Side Air Bags go hand in hand.

Outside of that all I have to say is Ford needs to keep closer tabs on the dealers selling their brand. Granted Ford sells to the dealers and dealers to the customer. But having a bunch of bad dealerships tarnishing the Ford image by spouting crap doesn't help anyone.
Old 3/10/05, 12:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Stadifer@March 10, 2005, 1:03 PM
Outside of that all I have to say is Ford needs to keep closer tabs on the dealers selling their brand. Granted Ford sells to the dealers and dealers to the customer. But having a bunch of bad dealerships tarnishing the Ford image by spouting crap doesn't help anyone.
Exactly! :worship:
Alot of problems that people are having with receiving their cars is because of their dealer. And Ford needs to fix it because it is giving them a bad name. Dealers have done this before with the T'Bird, and I hope Ford is realizing this.

So far my experience has gone very well, I hope it continues that way. From reading on here it seems alot of others have had great experiences too. So don't go thinking every dealer is bad, people just need to shop around and ask questions. Lots, of questions. Make them answer, or walk. Every question I have asked has been answered very professionally and honestly. (I hope , At least they have checked out with what I have learned here. )

I agree with Stradifer, Karpro's reports have not shown this, so I call
Old 3/10/05, 12:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Called an hour ago "As of March 14th your unit is scheduled to be produced week of March 14th".

Sean
Old 3/10/05, 12:55 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Its funny...
I see lots of cars coming in record times and some not.

Go look at the fastest turnaround time thread.

You'll see people are getting cars NO problem within a given time frame.
Some are not.

I'll tell you for FACT...that 80% of the reason why people don't have their cars is complete BS on dealers behalf.

I had conversations with 5 dealerships who all fed me crap, and I walked away. The bad dealers can SMELL how badly you want this car...and they KNOW its a given sale.
You'd be suprised how much BS they can dish out, and you'll take if 'you' (being general here, not at any memeber) aren't smart enough to walk away.

Is the production/allocation model perfect? No way.
However, its worked in the past....and you see the downside of it, when you want a car that is in HIGH demand. Look back at the cruiser...the s2000...

Ask Karpo or Kev....they are straight up salesguys.

Think you'd have these problems if you were ordering an 04?
Noooooooooooooo
Old 3/10/05, 01:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Altoid@March 10, 2005, 11:46 AM
I'm pretty sure they are not producing 100% convertibles. Sounds like more excuses from a dealership looking to push the blame onto someone else.

I agree

That's