2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Went Back To Dealer Today

Search this Thread

Old 11/6/04, 02:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Went back up to my dealer today to get plates and have the shimmy at 58MPH checked. The left front wheel was indeed off by 3/4 of an ounce. Pretty slim, but I could feel it. They corrected the problem while I went to lunch.

On the way home, a kid in a Subaru STi decided he wanted to give me a hard time on the Parkway here in NJ. The Parkway was so loaded with cars, nothing could really be done.

Eventually we made our way onto the Turnpike though, and this one is much more "user" friendly. I didn't waste any time. I wanted him to understand the '05 as soon as possible. He of course tried to keep up. It was a short lived battle. I'm sure he's telling his fellow RICE A RONI boys about his encounter as this is written. Of course, he may just keep it to himself and avoid the clear fact that he'd have to admit what's happened.

For those of you who have black cars, I purchased and used the "Mr.Clean Car Washing System" today. The promise of this product is to wash your car and eliminate the need for drying the car afterward. I must say, the system seems to work. My chamois didn't leave the cylinder and the car has no spots. $35 including an additional filter cartridge and bottle of extra soap at Wal Mart. Probably worth the investment for us poor black car owners. I'm sure it will work quite well on other colors as well so check out Mr.Clean.

The last astonishing fact for the day with the Mustang is that I finally opened the hood on my car. This is the first time I looked under there. I found 2 extra plastic caps of some sort laying in the valve cover valley. One is larger and blue, the other is smaller and white. not sure what they are, but I removed them. But the really interesting part of this whole exercise is that when I checked the engine ID tag, it was of course built in Windsor Ontario, but more importantly, it was built on MY BIRTHDAY! This engine and I have the SAME BIRTHDAY. Now, I'm not a big one for karma, but if isn't a sign, I don't know what is. I'll probably have this car till I croak!
Old 11/6/04, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First, congrats on the car. The new 05 is awesome.

Second, I am not doubting that you beat a WRX STI, although those cars are fast and very capable of beating 05 GT stock for stock. Both in the quarter mile and in the twisties. Maybe the kid didn't know how to drive. Anyway, congrats on the new car and the kill.
Old 11/6/04, 04:05 PM
V6 Member

Very nice, re: birthday

Thanks for the cleaning tip. Yeah, I'm gettin' all black.
I saw that stuff at Target and was wondering. Glad it works.
Old 11/6/04, 05:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

" I wanted him to understand the 05 mustang as soon as possible"
I like that - Nice wording!!!!
Old 11/6/04, 05:51 PM
Bullitt Member

I feel sorry for guys who pull up reving next to me and then i flash them my police badge at them. You can just feel their heart fall into their stomach.
Old 11/6/04, 05:58 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by gt5000@November 6, 2004, 6:54 PM
I feel sorry for guys who pull up reving next to me and then i flash them my police badge at them. You can just feel their heart fall into their stomach.
My best buddy is local PD, he has an 98 trans am. Loves to get to get on it around town (assuming it's safe) will race at the drop of a hat. Different strokes. On the other hand he will never write a ticket for speed contest (or impound a car) unless they are endangering others.
Old 11/6/04, 05:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by gt5000@November 6, 2004, 6:54 PM
Are you one of those guys. Geeeeezzzzz I had an off duty cop do that to me before. I smiled then gave him one of my five fingers and roasted the tires for about 50 yards. That's no Lie!!!! I have 3 troopers and 2 local cops in my family. They are pretty cool. Please don't show your badge unless your working OK!!!!
That's soooooo uncool!!
Old 11/6/04, 06:00 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by gt5000@November 6, 2004, 5:54 PM
Old 11/6/04, 06:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt@November 6, 2004, 4:37 PM

The last astonishing fact for the day with the Mustang is that I finally opened the hood on my car. But the really interesting part of this whole exercise is that when I checked the engine ID tag, it was of course built in Windsor Ontario, but more importantly, it was built on MY BIRTHDAY! This engine and I have the SAME BIRTHDAY. Now, I'm not a big one for karma, but if isn't a sign, I don't know what is. I'll probably have this car till I croak!
You were born THIS SEPTEMBER???? How the heck do you reach the pedals?
Old 11/6/04, 06:19 PM
Cobra Member

ZING!

But, that is a pretty cool coincidence
Old 11/6/04, 06:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Kevin:

About the cop thing: My brother and my brother-in-law are always getting on my case about my quickly reaching the speed limit, then just cruising after that. As in, I should speed. Whatever...

I mean, ANYONE can speed. It takes someone on the ball to leave you at the light, slowpoke. Especially the ricers, it takes then half a day to get to 10 MPH, but they sure are loud about it...

Plus it's more fun to be planted in the seat by Gs than almost wreck trying to avoid the law abiders, darn them...
Old 11/6/04, 06:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt@November 6, 2004, 5:37 PM
...when I checked the engine ID tag, it was of course built in Windsor Ontario, but more importantly, it was built on MY BIRTHDAY! This engine and I have the SAME BIRTHDAY.
QUICK, go back and tell your dealer! I read some place that you get the car FREE if the engine build date matches your birthday. If they try to give you any trouble, tell them The Boss Hog said it so it must be true

The Boss Hog . . . . . . .
Old 11/6/04, 07:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by kevinb120+November 6, 2004, 7:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kevinb120 @ November 6, 2004, 7:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-97svtgoin05gt@November 6, 2004, 4:37 PM

The last astonishing fact for the day with the Mustang is that I finally opened the hood on my car. But the really interesting part of this whole exercise is that when I checked the engine ID tag, it was of course built in Windsor Ontario, but more importantly, it was built on MY BIRTHDAY! This engine and I have the SAME BIRTHDAY. Now, I'm not a big one for karma, but if isn't a sign, I don't know what is. I'll probably have this car till I croak!
You were born THIS SEPTEMBER???? How the heck do you reach the pedals? [/b][/quote]
BLOCKS!! BIG BLOCKS!!
Old 11/7/04, 04:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

yea I hear ya on that one 97svt, these rice burner punks are up my butt where ever I go, so far I've ripped my pony up and down 295, 70 73 and 38 at anyone who tries me, the only thing I lost to was a Mercedez, stinker had a V12 but hey, can't win them all, the one that made me laugh the most was this female who pulled up in a honda civic and tried to go, I gave her like a 2 second head start and I killed her! I love this car, yo man, gotta go driving around soon, me and you bro.... lets show these rice burners who rule the street
Old 11/7/04, 05:47 PM
Bullitt Member

The Mr. Clean autodry system definately works and I plan on utilizing mine on my new '05 whenever it gets here...black as well. Having any problems with the black? Major scratches, swirl marks, crud on the car, etc...?