2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW!

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/04, 12:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As you can see in my signature, I had a build date of 12/6. I have been waiting patiently, but decided to call the Ford customer service number to find out if it was still scheduled for then. The answer I got was "Oh, it's on a temp hold". I was seriosuly bummed. I decided to call the Sales Manager at my dealership, Santa Margarita Ford, and find out what the hold was for (the lady at FCS said she couldn't tell me...but the SM could). I talked to the Sales Manager. She asked my name, and said she would give me a call back. 30 min. later, she had talked to Ford, and found my car. I was very impressed....but then bummed more.

"According to Ford...there is a rail car shortage...and approximately 6000 mustangs are built...and waiting to be shipped".

So now, I am seriosuly bummed...mine isn't even built...and 6000 stangs are most likely going to get shipped first.

then I got good news.

SM- "Yeah, so your car is just waiting to be shipped."
Me- "What? I thought it wasn't being built till next week, or later because of a hold???"
SM- "Oh no, it is built...and waiting to be shipped....we are shooting just before Christmas or sooner"
Me- "Do you know what the build date was?"
SM- "No, but I will find out...and give you more info on Friday. I will follow up then".

So, I started out thinking the car hadn't even been built yet...and now I find out it is sitting somewhere, just waiting for a ride to SoCal.

It makes me want to Fly to MI and drive it home.....but I know I can't.

So for all you waiting, I am sure your car is one of 6000 just waiting to be shipped.
Old 12/1/04, 01:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Well considering I just put my order in Monday, I don't think one of the cars is mine. Hopefully everyone else that is waiting will be getting theirs soon
Old 12/1/04, 01:13 PM
FR500 Member

not mine either...order didnt go in yet haha
Old 12/1/04, 01:50 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Hey SurfnSoCAl, that stinks, I am wondering if mine is part of those 6000, it is suppose to be delivered by Monday as I told you before, it would bum me out to find out it hasnt left yet; I was so jazzed to get the info that my car was built ahead of time like yours was. Good luck.
Old 12/1/04, 02:06 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Look on the bright side, a later car means less problems that the earlier ones did!
Old 12/1/04, 02:12 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Thats really interesting news there Rick. VERY Interesting... I hate to say this, but if you get your car before XMas, and I dont, heads are going to roll over at Santa Margarita Ford. You ordered almost a month after I did.
Old 12/1/04, 02:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Being shipped later means you get early problems without the glamour of having it early...
Old 12/1/04, 02:15 PM
Cobra Member

Amazeing that everyday working people do not know what is going on. Who do you trust here?

Good Luck! for the holidays arrival of your Mustang.
Old 12/1/04, 02:28 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@December 1, 2004, 3:15 PM
Thats really interesting news there Rick. VERY Interesting... I hate to say this, but if you get your car before XMas, and I dont, heads are going to roll over at Santa Margarita Ford. You ordered almost a month after I did.
Do you get a margarita with your purchase?
Old 12/1/04, 02:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by holderca1+December 1, 2004, 3:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ December 1, 2004, 3:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JessicaRabbitt@December 1, 2004, 3:15 PM
Do you get a margarita with your purchase? [/b][/quote]
I don't think its a good idea to give out alcohol with each car...something about combining drinking and driving strikes me as a bad idea...
Old 12/1/04, 02:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by holderca1+December 1, 2004, 1:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ December 1, 2004, 1:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JessicaRabbitt@December 1, 2004, 3:15 PM
Do you get a margarita with your purchase? [/b][/quote]
I can tell you one thing...if mine doesn't come before Christmas...I will br drinking alot of "margaritas" to take away the pain. :bang:
Old 12/1/04, 02:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Jessica, did you get yours with a spoiler? Maybe ours will come at the same time...since yours had to wait for the spoiler? Although a month for a spoiler seems a bit extreme. I wish someone would put our babies on a railcar.

"California here we come...."
Old 12/1/04, 04:27 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Mine didnt have to wait for a spoiler at all... The only hold was the temp hold the weeks before I got my VIN and build date. It was built last week, went through the line with no trouble or hold ups.
Old 12/1/04, 05:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

ok, sounds like ours was built together then...because I just found out my car was not on any kind of a hold....except for it just sitting there waiting to be shipped. Maybe they can FedEx it to me....hmmmm
Old 12/1/04, 06:21 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
NO! use DHL!!!! lol i kno.....
Old 12/1/04, 06:27 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by SurfnSoCal@December 1, 2004, 6:28 PM
ok, sounds like ours was built together then...because I just found out my car was not on any kind of a hold....except for it just sitting there waiting to be shipped. Maybe they can FedEx it to me....hmmmm
Yea and FedEx would be able to tell you where your car is every step of the way, unlike Ford who just says: "It will be built around ths day IF there are no delays and it should arrive at the dealer within 3 weeks of the build day." So, assuming there are no delays there is still a 1 month window. And once it's on the train its like it dissapears from the radar for 3 weeks. Come on I know these trains and car carriers are using GPS devices so why on earth cant they give you a better idea of where your car is?
Old 12/1/04, 06:43 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by jtmears+December 1, 2004, 5:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jtmears @ December 1, 2004, 5:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SurfnSoCal@December 1, 2004, 6:28 PM
Yea and FedEx would be able to tell you where your car is every step of the way, unlike Ford who just says: "It will be built around ths day IF there are no delays and it should arrive at the dealer within 3 weeks of the build day." So, assuming there are no delays there is still a 1 month window. And once it's on the train its like it dissapears from the radar for 3 weeks. Come on I know these trains and car carriers are using GPS devices so why on earth cant they give you a better idea of where your car is? [/b][/quote]
Prolly don't want to! Why complicate matters when you have never needed to before?