2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

well it's Friday and my order isn't updated.

Search this Thread

Old 3/11/05, 05:37 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats right...called the evil robot lady and she said "as of March 9th, your order is c&u." WTF....isn't the system supposed to be updated by the time you call Friday morning? Aw man. Looks like another week of waiting. And I thought I would be one of the lucky ones to get pulled quickly.

.....until next week.
Old 3/11/05, 05:50 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your order only gets updated on today's date if you get pulled
Old 3/11/05, 05:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by SaleenPowr@March 11, 2005, 6:40 AM
Thats right...called the evil robot lady and she said "as of March 9th, your order is c&u." WTF....isn't the system supposed to be updated by the time you call Friday morning? Aw man. Looks like another week of waiting. And I thought I would be one of the lucky ones to get pulled quickly.

.....until next week.
Welcome to the club.
Old 3/11/05, 07:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Actually, even if you remain C/U they should update your order every week which it looks like they did. I think they use the date from Thursday but you don't hear the change until Friday. So it looks like you did not get pulled. Check again later today, I could be wrong. Hang in there, you will be glad you did.
Old 3/11/05, 07:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

I was just going to post the same thing. I just tried and as of March 9th C/U

I will try later today, but If that doesn't work then there is no real point of calling before next friday if your C/U then right?

EDIT: I hope you do get pulled but there are a lot of people that ordered in Jan, Dec, and even Nov that are still c/u. It's best not to expect it everyweek especially when you have less than a month under your belt--unfortunatly.
Old 3/11/05, 07:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just tried and hasn't updated for me as well.
I'm "as of March 10th scheduled to be built week of March 7th"
It's actually been this message since I got my real order number on March 7th.

I assume the dealer has access to more current or detailed information because they told me on the 7th that my status was "bucked", figured I'd wait till at least next week before I pester them again though.
Old 3/11/05, 10:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Dan,

You were probably built yesterday. During your production week the status updates are pretty hit or miss. I never even got "bucked" for a status. You should probably expect "released by foreign assembly plant" late today or Monday. Then it's on to "convoy carrier" and the really hard wait comes. B)
Old 3/11/05, 10:06 AM
FR500 Member

and how does that happen?? he gets built before us december/january people. this really is rediculous. nothing against u guys im happy for u but it would be totally messed up if u get ur cars and i dont get mine in the end. thats just totally messed up. and considering i ordered like the same things, just black manual
Old 3/11/05, 10:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Hellcat6@March 11, 2005, 11:05 AM
Then it's on to "convoy carrier" and the really hard wait comes. B)
Yes I can really vouch for that. Once I knew it's built and the car is on its way the wait has gotten real ugly for me. Every time my office or cell phone rings I jump thinking "this could be it". Only to be bummed out.
Old 3/11/05, 10:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry Greg, I don't have an answer for that one. You're right, it stinks.
Old 3/11/05, 10:12 AM

Originally posted by 6505pony+March 11, 2005, 11:11 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(6505pony @ March 11, 2005, 11:11 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Hellcat6@March 11, 2005, 11:05 AM
Then it's on to "convoy carrier" and the really hard wait comes. B)
Yes I can really vouch for that. Once I knew it's built and the car is on its way the wait has gotten real ugly for me. Every time my office or cell phone rings I jump thinking "this could be it". Only to be bummed out.
[/b][/quote]
i am with you on that , and i thought the wait was hard before
Old 3/11/05, 10:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm resisting the urge to call until after work. Of course I already know it's going to say C/U I'm only 1 week old
Old 3/11/05, 10:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

You shoulda seen me yesterday. I was on my way into work in the morning and the cell phone went off and I saw on the caller ID it was my dealer. I was sure "THIS IS IT" and already started to do the dance. Just to find out the extra floor mats I ordered had come in. They weren't even the right color. :notnice:

Who ever heard of tan floor mats with the red and dark charcoal interior.

Told them 3 time the floor mats that go with the dark charcoal interior for my extra set and they send me tan? :scratch:
Old 3/11/05, 11:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

OK, looking for a little input here. Like all the other depressed folks still C/U, I'm going nuts So I called my sales guy today and below is what he said. I tend to belive this guy because a friend of mine recommened him due to this honesty and he's bought many cars there. And he has been very honest with me, even sending me a copy of the overall orders at the dealership. That paper at least confirmed that there is only one order in front of mine, like 10 after me, so sorry if that's any of you!

Here is what he said:
They already had their March allotments pulled, so neither me or the one in front of me is getting scheduled anytime soon. They only get one GT for April builds (the one in front of me). There is a possibility that they may get mine scheduled for an April build because they lost an allotment on their Escape Hybrid. Apparently the DM or whoever was at the dealership yesterday said they may be able to build my GT since they took away the Escape allotment.

Have any of the dealers that visit the site heard of anything like this? Is this a bunch of POOOOOOOO?

I would think that you can't swap allotments btw models, but what do I know.
Old 3/11/05, 12:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Marc,

Actually this sounds possible, maybe Karpro will jump in. The Hybrids are very hot right now and if Ford yanked an allocation from the dealer they could be throwing them a bone by giving them a Mustang allocation.

Sounds to me like your dealer is being square with you. The news is not great but sounds very believeable. Do you have your DORA?

Good luck with your order!
Old 3/11/05, 01:33 PM
GT Member

The more I read about all this order stuff and think about how other companies provide tracking for their ordered products, I am wondering why someone doesn't just set up an internet only dealership that also has some sort of web access to give status of ordered cars. Basically you would have only buyer ordered vehicles and no stock orders (i.e., no standing inventory). All you would do is order the cars from Ford, and either have the buyer pick it up directly from your (minimal) dealer location or drop ship to nearest place the buyer requested. Of course the vehicle allocation system could make this approach non-viable.

Heck for that matter why doesn't Ford provide this service directly? The dealerships would have to make more of their money from providing services rather than car sales. But that is the same thing that companies like IBM and Red Hat currently do.
Old 3/11/05, 01:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the response Drew, yes, I have my DORA. I also saw a sheet from the dealer that showed all cars on order there (of course I only cared about the Mustangs) and this confirmed what my sales guy was saying that there is one also C/U in front of me. That's the one that will be built for sure in April, and this swapping of alotment is what might enable mine to be buile.

Cross your fingers for me everybody
Old 3/11/05, 01:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ordered 1/31/05, w/10 C/U, nothing to date, Waiting to get home and check my e-mails, hopefully one from my dealer with a build date, good luck to all of you !!!
Old 3/11/05, 01:49 PM
GT Member

c/u as of march 9----
Old 3/11/05, 06:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

c/u as of march 9th also!

Quick Reply: well it's Friday and my order isn't updated.